Why our taxes are so high

Posted in the Baytown Forum

Taxed Enough Already

Deer Park, TX

#1 Apr 5, 2013
America is the only nation on earth that pays for its infrastructure through taxes! Why are none of our "leaders" interested in taking this burden off of the taxpayer?
Enough Already

Pearland, TX

#2 Apr 5, 2013
Are you serious?
That is one of the dumbest comments I've seen on this forum.

So, tell us how the leaders will take this burden off the taxpayer and where will the money come from for such infrastructures.

Boy, I can hardly wait to hear this.
Taxed Enough Already

Ashburn, VA

#3 Apr 5, 2013
It is NOT dumb. You are ignorant of how the world works.

Most countries have taxes that just cover their military. Infrastructure is funded by things like bake sales and selling T-shirts to tourists, and their governments are much more efficient than ours!

Why don't you go read a book, and not Harry Potter.
wow really

United States

#4 Apr 6, 2013
Did you say a bake sale can replace taxes?
Taxed Enough Already wrote:

Most countries have taxes that just cover their military. Infrastructure is funded by things like bake sales and selling T-shirts to tourists, and their governments are much more efficient than ours!

Taxed Enough Already

Deer Park, TX

#5 Apr 6, 2013
wow really wrote:
Did you say a bake sale can replace taxes?
<quoted text>
No, I did not say that one bake sale could replace taxes, I said MANY bake sales can supplement taxes and pay for our infrastructure. We still need taxes to pay for our military. LibeTards always deliberately misinterpret what I say.

Do you know how much the girl scouts make every year?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#6 Apr 6, 2013
our taxes are so high because most of the time what we are being taxed for never goes to the expense it's suppose to cover. For example, gas tax should go for road maintenance but it doesn't. Lots of diversions in state budget for transportation taxes alone. check out TURF.org
Taxed Enough Already

Deer Park, TX

#7 Apr 6, 2013
We shouldn't even have a gas tax.
Make

Anonymous Proxy

#8 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>
No, I did not say that one bake sale could replace taxes, I said MANY bake sales can supplement taxes and pay for our infrastructure. We still need taxes to pay for our military. LibeTards always deliberately misinterpret what I say.
Do you know how much the girl scouts make every year?
No, I do not know how much the girl scouts make every year. Can you tell me? Please break out the distribution of the $4.00 per box.
Taxed Enough Already

Deer Park, TX

#9 Apr 6, 2013
I don't know the exact amount the girl scouts make, but I do know it is a lot. Every other country follows this model except us. Does it mean that the British Parliament and the Queen have to spend a few days every year baking cookies and printing tourist T-Shirts, yes, but they are actual public SERVANTS.

I would like to see our congress constrained to how much they can bring in, versus how much they can steal from us. They might think twice about spending so much on foreign aid!
Enough Already

Pearland, TX

#10 Apr 7, 2013
I don't know the exact amount the girl scouts make, but I do know it is a lot. Every other country follows this model except us. Does it mean that the British Parliament and the Queen have to spend a few days every year baking cookies and printing tourist T-Shirts, yes, but they are actual public SERVANTS.
I would like to see our congress constrained to how much they can bring in, versus how much they can steal from us. They might think twice about spending so much on foreign aid!
I'm definitely no liberal, but you are definitely an idiot. As soon as you can learn to read a Dick & Jane book instead of looking at the pictures, maybe someday you can hope to read Harry Potter.

I don't know where you get your information, but you have absolutely no clue what the hell you're talking about. Spewing out crap like that only gives the liberals ammunition to proclaim the idiotic lunacy of the right wing fanatics. You could be the poster boy for their next campaign.
Taxed Enough Already

Houston, TX

#11 Apr 8, 2013
Enough Already wrote:
<quoted text>I'm definitely no liberal, but you are definitely an idiot. As soon as you can learn to read a Dick & Jane book instead of looking at the pictures, maybe someday you can hope to read Harry Potter.
I don't know where you get your information, but you have absolutely no clue what the hell you're talking about. Spewing out crap like that only gives the liberals ammunition to proclaim the idiotic lunacy of the right wing fanatics. You could be the poster boy for their next campaign.
You are most definitely a liberal. You say you have no clue what I am talking about, but I am the only one citing FACTS, you are hurling insults.
yooflungpoo

Baytown, TX

#12 Apr 10, 2013
taxes aren't as bad as you might think...

it's probably cheaper than you at the bake sales...

hurling insults makes you a liberal????...and I thougt DoPeTX was a conservative...

MY BAD!!!!
overtaxed in uk

Basingstoke, UK

#13 Apr 11, 2013
Can any of you gentlemen tell me where I can get my T Shirt printed by the Queen and on what dates it will occur and the approximate cost, because I would like purchase one for posterity. Maybe it will help reduce my tax burden ie Income tax taken at source 40% national insurance Taken at source 13% ( there goes 53% of my wages before I am paid. Fuel tax 78% Value added tax on all purchases 20%. And you think you have it bad
Enough Already

Pearland, TX

#14 Apr 17, 2013
<quoted text>
You are most definitely a liberal. You say you have no clue what I am talking about, but I am the only one citing FACTS, you are hurling insults.
Wrong again, idiot. Oh, and that's not an insult, it's a FACT.

I didn't say that I have no clue what you're talking about. I said that YOU have no clue what you're talking about.

Where did you get your so called FACTS?
You should be careful what you read on the internet. You sound like the dingy blonde on the TV commercial that says everything on the internet is true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nuke Dallas!!! 3 hr fubar 81
Help me remember an old commercial 8 hr old1980s 3
Information about an old mansion in La Porte ca... 9 hr KarmicEnigma 27
Did you miss me? 14 hr Heavy Fed 4
smell in deer park 16 hr DPTEX 2
My Lost Dog Sun Big bad john 33
The Eagles' Concert Sun fubar 27

Baytown News Video

Baytown Dating
Find my Match