No Mr. Mouton at the forum last night?

No Mr. Mouton at the forum last night?

Posted in the Baytown Forum

Taylor

Waller, TX

#1 Apr 25, 2013
Well, perhaps this should come as no surprise, but one candidate for the Mayor's position for this years election didn't show up at the candidate forum last year. Standing room only in the back and in the hallway and he was a no show. How can he explain that.

Also missing was our current Mayor who endorsed Mr. Mouton and Councilman Patterson who donated to Mr. Mouton's campaign, as well as Councilwoman Cobb missing at the forum.

Citizens take note, Mr. Mouton didn't think you were important enough for him to take his time to speak on the questions that were presented to all the candidates. Perhaps he will be MIA when you need to talk to him, if he was elected, as well. Likely MIA during a disaster too.

Elect someone that you know will be with you when needed! Scratch Mr. Mouton off your list as a viable candidate for the Mayor's position. Very disrespectful not showing up and then asking for your vote.

“Trying to be civil with idiots”

Since: Oct 09

Sarajevo, Bosnia

#2 Apr 25, 2013
yeah, that was definitely a disappointment. I think this was a decision maker for myself.
winston zeddemore

Pasadena, TX

#3 Apr 25, 2013
another thing that struck me is after the moderator announced what the forum was about and who was running, they said Mouton wouldn't be there but that if he came he could participate. why would you allow someone to walk in during a forum and then participate? the forum was good but it wasn't without its quirks.
voter

Houston, TX

#4 Apr 25, 2013
if everyone on the Mouton/ Riddle campaign was a no show my guess would be that someone advised them against going. That was a very bad decision. whether or not Mr. Mouton supported this forum or not, he should have showed up. I went for one reason and that was to hear both Pound and Muton. Now my choice has been made. I will vote for Pound

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#5 Apr 25, 2013
I was impressed Mr. Boles and his wife were there. He too had a church commitment, but felt the need to show up for citizens. To top it off, his daughter, who he hasn't seen in over 4 months because she is serving our Country in the Military, was waiting at their home. He missed greeting his daughter to attend forum. That's commitment to our City and residents so his voice and views could be heard. Kudos to Mr. Boles!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
top 4 worse presidents ever 20 min red dawn 6
Hey Trump Chumps...35% increase coming on apple... 4 hr red dawn 11
Time names Trump "Person of the Year"! 4 hr red dawn 6
Stock market up 2000 points! Thanks president ... 18 hr red dawn 5
Alt Right(KKK& White Supremacists) Supported Tr... 19 hr red dawn 8
Trump Proves he is a POS Thu Texan 29
US Steel brings 10,000 jobs back to the US! Tha... Thu fubar 3

Baytown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance