First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Mom

Deer Park, TX

#1 Dec 13, 2010
Did any one hear about a dp cheerleader committing suicide?
otto

Houston, TX

#2 Dec 13, 2010
I heard but that is all i know. Heard some of the students will have a candle light service for her tonight in the parking lot at 7, SC
odd but normal

New Washington, IN

#3 Dec 13, 2010
she will be missed and i feel for so sorry for what the family is going through
Anon

Pasadena, TX

#4 Dec 13, 2010
Her name was Samantha Ayala...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-honor-of-Sam...
La porte Tx

Houston, TX

#5 Dec 13, 2010
K descanse en paz dios la tenga en su reino..my dios les de consuelo y fortaleza a sus padres y mas fam.
Nancy

Spring, TX

#6 Dec 13, 2010
Has anyone confirmed this story?
former student

Brenham, TX

#7 Dec 13, 2010
yes this story is true. there was a candle light memorial tonight in her parking spot on campus. prayers out to all the lives she touched.

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#8 Dec 13, 2010
Nancy wrote:
Has anyone confirmed this story?
It is painfully true. My best friend lost her beautiful daughter. Please keep them in your prayers.
Kathy

Spring, TX

#9 Dec 13, 2010
Shelly, I want you to know that we are thinking about you too. Sammy's mother and I have worked together for 9 years and we have all watched Sammy grow up. She was in our office at least once a week.

It is such a shock. I wish people would realize that even in your darkest hour..even when you don't have the strength to carry on... talk to someone...any one... make it day to day, but life can go on...it does get better.

My heart is broken for our friend and her family. Everyone at work was in shock and tears today. Please give her a hug from all of us. And may God give her the strength to endure it....
Clark

Houston, TX

#10 Dec 13, 2010
It disheartens me to hear of this, even more so is that there are many like samantha who quietly hurt on the inside while showing no pain until it is to late. We should mourn for Sam while at the same time mount up and face the issue of suicide. What makes a beautiful girl want to flee this that we call life? what can we do to help those who suffer from similar cases? Love. Show love, lay your self down and give of yourself to those around you. Make a difference in someones life today. One nice word can change the outcome of someones life, the power of words is underestimated. we dont know if someone is on their last leg and ready to give up. All we can do is show them the love that we all desire. Mount up and make a difference in someones life today say something nice to a random person, buy someones items at the market, live a life of love and let the light shine through you.
"You cannot take the next step in life untill you take the first." (Jeff Clark)
Tragic

United States

#11 Dec 14, 2010
How did this child gain access to a firearm?

Look at her Facebook and see the photo of her at a pistol range with a target she has just accurately shot up. Her comments lend themselves to the fact she was a marksman.

Own a gun? Have a teenager? Get a safe.

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#12 Dec 14, 2010
I'll tell her Kathy. Keep praying for her. She needs the Lords strength more than ever.
DP mom

Deer Park, TX

#13 Dec 14, 2010
My heart breaks for this family. My daughter attends the high school and was very upset by what happened. She was not great friends with Samantha, but she did know her and can't believe that this has happened. Everyone should have this family in their prayers, as well as her boyfriend and his family. We attended the vigil last night and my heart broke for this young man when he spoke. He needs strength to get through this as well. I can't imagine what Samantha's mother is going through. I know that I hugged my children a little tighter last night.

The other thing that was so upsetting to my daughter was all the rumors going around about exactly how it happened, why it happened. I know they are teenagers, but the only fact that matters is that this young girl took her life because she didn't feel there was any other way to face her pain. I hope as parents that we all let this be an opportunity to open up to our children about what has happened and help them know that nothing in life is so tragic that death is the only answer. I know I had a long talk with my daughter last night and I pray that DPISD also uses this as a moment to be real with our children and discuss such a sensitive issue so that maybe some good can come out of such a tragic situation, if that's even possible.

I didn't personally know the family and I hope that nothing I have said offends them because that is the last thing I would want to do. I pray that they get through this.
GeeToABunchaBoyz

Deer Park, TX

#14 Dec 14, 2010
Thank you Jeff Clark for the inspiring words of wisdom and advice.
Clark wrote:
It disheartens me to hear of this, even more so is that there are many like samantha who quietly hurt on the inside while showing no pain until it is to late. We should mourn for Sam while at the same time mount up and face the issue of suicide. What makes a beautiful girl want to flee this that we call life? what can we do to help those who suffer from similar cases? Love. Show love, lay your self down and give of yourself to those around you. Make a difference in someones life today. One nice word can change the outcome of someones life, the power of words is underestimated. we dont know if someone is on their last leg and ready to give up. All we can do is show them the love that we all desire. Mount up and make a difference in someones life today say something nice to a random person, buy someones items at the market, live a life of love and let the light shine through you.
"You cannot take the next step in life untill you take the first." (Jeff Clark)
DP MOM 2

Houston, TX

#15 Dec 14, 2010
DP mom wrote:
My heart breaks for this family. My daughter attends the high school and was very upset by what happened. She was not great friends with Samantha, but she did know her and can't believe that this has happened. Everyone should have this family in their prayers, as well as her boyfriend and his family. We attended the vigil last night and my heart broke for this young man when he spoke. He needs strength to get through this as well. I can't imagine what Samantha's mother is going through. I know that I hugged my children a little tighter last night.
The other thing that was so upsetting to my daughter was all the rumors going around about exactly how it happened, why it happened. I know they are teenagers, but the only fact that matters is that this young girl took her life because she didn't feel there was any other way to face her pain. I hope as parents that we all let this be an opportunity to open up to our children about what has happened and help them know that nothing in life is so tragic that death is the only answer. I know I had a long talk with my daughter last night and I pray that DPISD also uses this as a moment to be real with our children and discuss such a sensitive issue so that maybe some good can come out of such a tragic situation, if that's even possible.
I didn't personally know the family and I hope that nothing I have said offends them because that is the last thing I would want to do. I pray that they get through this.
My daughter also goest to South, she knew her but not that well. My heart is breaking for her family, friends and classmates. What you said really touched my heart! I also hugged my kids (2 in HS (1 @ South & 1 @ North)1 in Jr High) a little tighter & prayed with them. All we can do is just keep EVERYONE in our thoughts and prayers at this time.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#16 Dec 14, 2010
This is a tragic time for many in the city. I pray that family and friends will take this experience and do something positive with it.

Teens go through many emotions when dealing with life/reality and they are not sure how to deal with it. They feel that there isn't anyone to talk to or no where to go, except for "friends". Sometimes, they need mom and dad to be there for them, but many parents get caught up with their busy schedule that they assume life is cool with their teen. Teens hide feelings and emotions and it is hard for many to express it.

Samantha had so much going for her, but struggled in dealing with it. Regardless of how she died, the fact remains, let her be a shining light for your life. Parents, talk to your teens. Get to know them. They aren't the same innocent babies that you had 13-19 years ago. Teens, make your parents take time for YOU. Not your brother or sister, but let others in your life and rely on your parents. Some, parents are caught up with work, cooking, cleaning, taking care of younger siblings, that you feel you are thrown to the side or pushed back. Trust me, that is NOT the case. You want to be independent and your parents are trying to allow that. Maybe they give you too much independence. Go to them for whatever is going on. Talk to them about the good and/or the bad in your life. Parents, don't judge!!! You were there. Give your kids that listening ear and that alone can help your child cope with life.

Wrap your arms around one another, with love and compassion.

God, I pray for the family of Samantha. Wrap your loving arms around them and comfort them. Give them the spirit to move on and honor their daughter, grand-daughter, niece, cousin, etc... Life is about ups and downs. Many are harder than others. What matters is how we deal with it.

God bless you all.
pop

Houston, TX

#17 Dec 14, 2010
My condolences to all that are affected by this tragedy. I am praying for you.
Bill

Houston, TX

#18 Dec 14, 2010
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and all those who knew and loved Samantha.
Jessica

San Antonio, TX

#19 Dec 14, 2010
Yes, this is so sad! Sam was such a beautiful girl. I can't imagine what her mom is going through. Her cousin is my sister and the family are having a hard time. Praying for peace, comfort and strength in this terrible time!
dont understand

Pasadena, TX

#20 Dec 14, 2010
WHY?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LaPorte Post Office 7 min fubar 7
Cosby 1 hr SamDamnit 35
Fed and the White (power?) Movement 1 hr SamDamnit 20
Kirby Vacuum "salesmen" in the area. (Oct '08) 4 hr big budz in kona 394
Cenikor (Feb '11) 7 hr Smith 118
KKK in Deer Park (Jan '10) 15 hr Mom41 130
Homeland? 23 hr Elaine 16

Baytown News Video

Baytown Dating
Find my Match