Another police officer bites the dust
DPTX

Deer Park, TX

#62 Jan 9, 2014
OverLord wrote:
Good ol DPTX used it often ....What happened to DPTX? I miss his rants..
I look in from time to time... usually just the same folks talking the same old crap. Nothing new worth talking about and the nitwits will never get it, anyway.

So, what 'handle' did you use to use?
shady

Austin, TX

#63 Jan 10, 2014
jhtk wrote:
Well well well yet another one dropped his papers and rumor has it theres another one in the making. Wonder if they will get an exit interview if they request one? Guess we will find out soon enough....
wonder when the bleeding will stop. seems the department has great officers and require a degree but they cant even keep them. other departments around the area are starting to get paid better than deer park and have better training it looks like. i can see why these officers are leaving on top of the internal issues
jhtk

Dallas, TX

#65 Jan 13, 2014
shady wrote:
<quoted text>wonder when the bleeding will stop. seems the department has great officers and require a degree but they cant even keep them. other departments around the area are starting to get paid better than deer park and have better training it looks like. i can see why these officers are leaving on top of the internal issues
What amuses me is the lack of concern for the loss of really good employees. WTH? Guess the City (of Deer Park) doesn't give a $..t? Time are a changing.
jhtk

Houston, TX

#66 Feb 27, 2014
My job here is done!!! Well at least halfway......
DP Proud

Katy, TX

#67 Feb 27, 2014
Good to see you posting again! Missed your informative comments. Hope you are doing well.
DPTX wrote:
<quoted text>I look in from time to time... usually just the same folks talking the same old crap. Nothing new worth talking about and the nitwits will never get it, anyway.
So, what 'handle' did you use to use?
jhtk

Houston, TX

#68 Feb 27, 2014
Off to expose another injustice!
question

Baytown, TX

#69 Feb 27, 2014
jhtk wrote:
My job here is done!!! Well at least halfway......
What happened?
Jedi

Deer Park, TX

#70 Feb 27, 2014
Heard through the grapevine that DPPD lost an outstanding detective/officer with over 15 years experience. According to my source, he couldn't stand the BS any longer and felt it was time to leave. So, who did they get as his replacement? A patrol officer with less than 6 years experience who has never attended any detective training. Classic.
question

Baytown, TX

#71 Feb 28, 2014
Jedi wrote:
Heard through the grapevine that DPPD lost an outstanding detective/officer with over 15 years experience. According to my source, he couldn't stand the BS any longer and felt it was time to leave. So, who did they get as his replacement? A patrol officer with less than 6 years experience who has never attended any detective training. Classic.
Chief Grigg sure does know how to make the citizens feel secure!
jhtk

Deer Park, TX

#72 Feb 28, 2014
question wrote:
<quoted text>Chief Grigg sure does know how to make the citizens feel secure!
Don't worry, grigg doesn't take away from the fact that DP still has great officers who will continue to keep us safe.
DP Proud

Katy, TX

#73 Mar 5, 2014
Just heard the number 2 man at the PD retired Friday. Hope this solves some of their problems!

“Candor for the few”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#74 Mar 31, 2014
DP Proud wrote:
Good to see you posting again! Missed your informative comments. Hope you are doing well. <quoted text>
Thank you DP. I'm doing well and business has been brisk. Hope you're doing well, as well.

I still keep up with what's going on... just haven't been commenting much, as there isn't much that has changed.

Hopefully, some of that will change with the upcoming election.
A vote for Shelley may send the message and provide hope that she can help make those changes start happening.
Exdppd

La Porte, TX

#75 Jun 21, 2014
What a croc! Everyone in the department wants to place blame on just one administrator. People come and go in the department with willing people to step up and take the place of the previous a hole. Too many people in that department have no idea what's going on in the city because they won't put a uniform on and hit the streets. As far as the person complaining about the one administrator, was this not the same person you used to sleep with back in the day? I understand that just about everyone has, but I didn't hear you complaining about that administrator back then!
Iraq Vet

Deer Park, TX

#76 Jul 6, 2014
If the city didn't t require a college degree you would have a wide group of combat tested soldiers who would stay. If they are good enough to protect and defend the US they should be able to protect the citizens of Deer Park. Plus there are tax incentives for hiring veterans.
yooflungpoo

La Porte, TX

#77 Aug 19, 2014
must be out of deer meat and power drinks....
Just Say No

Deer Park, TX

#78 Aug 19, 2014
Iraq Vet wrote:
If the city didn't t require a college degree you would have a wide group of combat tested soldiers who would stay. If they are good enough to protect and defend the US they should be able to protect the citizens of Deer Park. Plus there are tax incentives for hiring veterans.
Thank you for your service.
No, DP PD should continue to require an education.
While police departments across America continue to become more and more militarized, we need to have educated and properly trained police officers who know that the public is not the enemy.
DPPD already runs around with lights flashing, sirens blaring, and guns drawn at every little excuse. They even pull their weapons out for traffic stops!
No, we don't need more "combat tested" police officers, but veterans should go and get an education so they can make the transition and become effective police officers.
not to bright

Dallas, TX

#79 Aug 20, 2014
Just Say No wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your service.
No, DP PD should continue to require an education.
While police departments across America continue to become more and more militarized, we need to have educated and properly trained police officers who know that the public is not the enemy.
DPPD already runs around with lights flashing, sirens blaring, and guns drawn at every little excuse. They even pull their weapons out for traffic stops!
No, we don't need more "combat tested" police officers, but veterans should go and get an education so they can make the transition and become effective police officers.
I think you might be exaggerating just a bit. Have you ever thought there is a reason they have their guns pulled? Probably not. They might have info that the person was involved in some sort of disturbance and could possibly be armed with some sort of weapon. Use your brain.
No means NO

Deer Park, TX

#80 Aug 21, 2014
not to bright wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you might be exaggerating just a bit. Have you ever thought there is a reason they have their guns pulled? Probably not. They might have info that the person was involved in some sort of disturbance and could possibly be armed with some sort of weapon. Use your brain.
Did you read the post?
Do you have a clue?
Have you thought about using your brain? Do you have one?
No every response requires a weapon. But every response does require a clear thinking head and the ability to assess the situation. That takes training and education.
not to bright

Dallas, TX

#81 Aug 21, 2014
No means NO wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the post?
Do you have a clue?
Have you thought about using your brain? Do you have one?
No every response requires a weapon. But every response does require a clear thinking head and the ability to assess the situation. That takes training and education.
I guess your as ignorant as the other person. He made it out to be that cops pull their weapons on every traffic stop which just is not the case. I don't think you read his post.
laughing

Baytown, TX

#82 Sep 9, 2014
And another one is out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alt Right(KKK& White Supremacists) Supported Tr... 1 hr red dawn 6
Stock market up 2000 points! Thanks president ... 10 hr Texan 3
Trump Proves he is a POS 10 hr Texan 29
Time names Trump "Person of the Year"! 10 hr Texan 5
US Steel brings 10,000 jobs back to the US! Tha... 17 hr fubar 3
Does it bother you Christians? Wed Defiant1 104
Clinton bribed Lynch. Wed Defiant1 52

Baytown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance