fubar

Ashburn, VA

#21 Jul 15, 2013
Texan wrote:
fubar, wearing a cowboy hat doesn't make you anything. Black, brown, red, or white cowboys all tend to wear cowboy hats, and tend to judge each other by the way they behave and do their job. NOT BY THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN. Racist come in all colors and wear many different types of clothing.
That was my point. Pay attention wearing a hoodie makes you a thug the same way wearing a cowboy hat makes someone a racist. You should not judge a book by its cover. I live in an area with very few black people and yet there are tons of young people wearing goodies. That does not make them thugs. I personally hate goodies and would not let my own child wear one. I am not a fan of cowboy hats either. When I was a kid growing up in Texas it seemed only rednecks wore cowboy hats gatsby I was a dumb kid then, who sometimes judged people by their head gear. I am not dumb enough to do that now. Hats,scarves head coverings(goodies) are choices of style.
fubar

Ashburn, VA

#22 Jul 15, 2013
Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
<quoted text>
old enough to be a grandparent. And old enough to know that if you go around walking like a duck and quacking like a duck people are going to give you duck food. Yes, there are other people wearing hoodies. In broad daylight in cold weather. When you wear a thug uniform at night you are viewed as a thug. As with my friends, I invite you to drive down to any apartment complex in southeast Houston and pick up anyone wearing a thug uniform. If you are lucky you won't choose the one who robbed a woman at gunpoint a few steps from where I work. Good luck with that. And by the way, anyone wearing a hoodie in Houston in July is super suspicious. None of this is about race. It is about practical common sense.
Spell check even hates the word hoodie keeps changing it to goodie. You've smart you know what I meant.
fubar

San Jose, CA

#23 Jul 15, 2013
Elaine wrote:
If Treyvon had called 911 in stead of Precious, he might be alive today!
He never had a chance to call 911. The testimony showed he was talking to his girlfriend and was heard saying"get off of me...". The supreme court ruled that the cops can't stop someone for no reason like being black in a white neighborhood. The ruling was back in the 1960's. Stand your ground was never intended for people to start an altercation and then shoot someone when it doesn't go your way. Only cowards start trouble while carrying guns. You people are taking way too much satisfaction from this guy's death.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

#24 Jul 16, 2013
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>He never had a chance to call 911. The testimony showed he was talking to his girlfriend and was heard saying"get off of me...". The supreme court ruled that the cops can't stop someone for no reason like being black in a white neighborhood. The ruling was back in the 1960's. Stand your ground was never intended for people to start an altercation and then shoot someone when it doesn't go your way. Only cowards start trouble while carrying guns. You people are taking way too much satisfaction from this guy's death.
tell your theory to all the home and business owners who successfully defended themselves against armed robbers in the Houston area. The coward is the one who carries a gun to rob or steal. Too cowardly to work. Dare you again. Drive through southeast Houston on Saturday night and pick up a random guy in a hoodie and take him home for dinner with your family. Until you do all your talk about not judging people is just talk. Btw, one of my most vocal black friends who has worked where I work? Has her husband bring her to work and pick her up and walk her to and from the door because it is a bad area. Some others wont even work where I work. Put your family where your nonjudgmental mouth is or zip it.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#25 Jul 16, 2013
No crush Elaine, I just get tired of your holier than thou attitude. The young man is dead, what more could you possibly want? Dig him up and kill him again maybe?

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

#26 Jul 16, 2013
Texan wrote:
The young man is dead, what more could you possibly want?
What kind of a sick phfuck are you?
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#27 Jul 16, 2013
fubar I was paying attention, I got your point, I was agreeing with you, and I was only trying to help make your point. You should never judge by the color of their skin or what they wear. I am very white, wear cowboy hats, and I also on occasion wear hoodies, and I am neither a redneck or a thug. I am just a man who gets up and goes to work every day, and tries do do the right thing. I don't always get that last one done, but I do try. We all make mistakes and the result of those mistakes are often quite ugly. This was one of those times. Two young men one dead, and one who will pay for the rest of his life in one way or another.
Elaine

United States

#28 Jul 16, 2013
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>He never had a chance to call 911. The testimony showed he was talking to his girlfriend and was heard saying"get off of me...". The supreme court ruled that the cops can't stop someone for no reason like being black in a white neighborhood. The ruling was back in the 1960's. Stand your ground was never intended for people to start an altercation and then shoot someone when it doesn't go your way. Only cowards start trouble while carrying guns. You people are taking way too much satisfaction from this guy's death.
You are wrong. The testimony did not show that. Go read it again. Trayvon attacked Zimm 2 minutes after he got off the phone with Precious.

www.HeavyFed.com

#29 Jul 16, 2013
Elaine wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. The testimony did not show that. Go read it again. Trayvon attacked Zimm 2 minutes after he got off the phone with Precious.
Trayvon went back to teach that "crazy ass cracker" a lesson.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#30 Jul 16, 2013
And such is the reason for the continued hate and violence, none of you idiots can let it go. One dead,and one looking over his shoulder. You people are proof that racist come in all colors.

www.HeavyFed.com

#31 Jul 16, 2013
Texan wrote:
You people
What do you mean "you people"... you crazy ass cracka?
Pinche Gringo

Baytown, TX

#32 Jul 16, 2013
fubar wrote:
Zimmerman's defense didn't argue "stand your ground" as a defense.
Pinche Gringo

Baytown, TX

#33 Jul 16, 2013
Texan wrote:
And such is the reason for the continued hate and violence, none of you idiots can let it go. One dead,and one looking over his shoulder. You people are proof that racist come in all colors.
I'd be remiss to point out who can't let it go. They're in the streets in several cities as we speak. Buildings will burn ( and already have) and people will be attacked (and already have.)
Elaine

United States

#34 Jul 16, 2013
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean "you people"... you crazy ass cracka?
Oh! Well played...
Pinche Gringo

Baytown, TX

#35 Jul 16, 2013
It's amazing how people get so emotionally invested in these kinds of stories. I'll say that about the loudest people on both sides. Why can't the facts and context be taken into account? So much talk about hoodies and skittles and Zimmerman being "white-hispanic" and a vigilante. Not one effort to discuss the entire, tragic situation. What happened in Sanford played out like a Hollywood movie, that tells two stories that collide and get turned into a sideshow. It's fit for TruTV, if it already hasn't shown up on that channel.

There's so much that can be discussed, but I think the easiest way to go over the facts is to drill down the root cause. So let's go. From the end: Why did George Zimmerman (GZ)shoot Trayvon Martin (TM)? TM was on top of GZ beating the hell out him and bashing his head into the concrete. Why was TM doing this? TM, accord'g to the trial felt threat'nd by the man following him and for what'vr reason attacked GM. Why was GZ following TM? GZ was acting as neighborhood watch and thought TM looked suspicious. Why did GZ think TM looked suspicious. Obviously because biracial humans who aren't black think hoodies are thug uniforms. Just kidding. We'll let the neighbors explain why GZ thought TM looked suspicious:

One black neighbor of the George Zimmerman said the neighborhood’s recent history should be taken into account.

“Let’s talk about the elephant in the room. I’m black, OK?” the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race. She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes.“There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood,” she said.“That’s why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin.”

Reuters | By the summer of 2011, Twin Lakes was experiencing a rash of burglaries and break-ins. Previously a family-friendly, first-time homeowner community, it was devastated by the recession that hit the Florida housing market, and transient renters began to occupy some of the 263 town houses in the complex. Vandalism and occasional drug activity were reported, and home values plunged. One resident who bought his home in 2006 for $250,000 said it was worth $80,000 today.
At least eight burglaries were reported within Twin Lakes in the 14 months prior to the Trayvon Martin shooting, according to the Sanford Police Department. Yet in a series of interviews, Twin Lakes residents said dozens of reports of attempted break-ins and would-be burglars casing homes had created an atmosphere of growing fear in the neighborhood.
In several of the incidents, witnesses identified the suspects to police as young black men. Twin Lakes is about 50 percent white, with an African-American and Hispanic population of about 20 percent each, roughly similar to the surrounding city of Sanford, according to U.S. Census data.
One morning in July 2011, a black teenager walked up to Zimmerman’s front porch and stole a bicycle, neighbors told Reuters. A police report was taken, though the bicycle was not recovered.
But it was the August incursion into the home of Olivia Bertalan that really troubled the neighborhood, particularly Zimmerman. Shellie was home most days, taking online courses towards certification as a registered nurse.
On August 3, Bertalan was at home with her infant son while her husband, Michael, was at work. She watched from a downstairs window, she said, as two black men repeatedly rang her doorbell and then entered through a sliding door at the back of the house. She ran upstairs, locked herself inside the boy’s bedroom, and called a police dispatcher, whispering frantically.“I said,‘What am I supposed to do? I hear them coming up the stairs!’” she told Reuters. Bertalan tried to coo her crying child into silence and armed herself with a pair of rusty scissors...
Read the rest of the article here:
http://the-american-journal.com/zimmerman-nei...

So, yeah. Context people. Does this excuse death? No, but is helps explain it.
Pinche Gringo

Baytown, TX

#36 Jul 16, 2013
And I'd also like to add that if GZ had listened to the dispatcher and not followed, this wouldn't have happened. But "following" isn't cause for offensive action and not illegal. AND, if TM hadn't jumped GZ and commensed beating him, GZ would have had no cause to defend himself.

#nojusticedepartmentnopeaceful demonstrations
fubar

San Jose, CA

#37 Jul 16, 2013
Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
<quoted text>
tell your theory to all the home and business owners who successfully defended themselves against armed robbers in the Houston area. The coward is the one who carries a gun to rob or steal. Too cowardly to work. Dare you again. Drive through southeast Houston on Saturday night and pick up a random guy in a hoodie and take him home for dinner with your family. Until you do all your talk about not judging people is just talk. Btw, one of my most vocal black friends who has worked where I work? Has her husband bring her to work and pick her up and walk her to and from the door because it is a bad area. Some others wont even work where I work. Put your family where your nonjudgmental mouth is or zip it.
I live in a gang infested neighborhood not black but Hispanic. I have chased off drug dealers,taggers you name it. Every time I do, I am smart enough to know it could end badly for me. I call the cops too but in the middle of the night sometimes you have to stand up for yourself and your neighbors. I would take a wild guess that you wouldn't come to my neighborhood at night without a gun and even then not by yourself. I don't confront anyone until they commit a crime I can see. Most of the time someone wearing a hoodie late at night is just that,someone wearing a hoodie. My best friend lived in south central during last century's crack wars and he would always tell me not to stop or get out of my truck till I cleared the freeway. I would make it a point to stop and go in stores or buy gas there because I know that as long as you mind your business and don't show fear people will leave you alone. My son and I would stop and eat hot dogs at the corner of Florence and Normandy. If it sounds familiar it should.(Riots started there) I also worked on an island with a bunch of loud mouthed rednecks from Tx.,La.,Miss.,and All.. In the hotel I lived in out of @80-100 at least 60 of them got robbed by people following them home at night. When ever groups of people followed me I would change sides of the street and if they continued to follow me I would walk straight at them ready to get my but kicked but with the mindset I would do some damage first. If someone follows you for no reason it is reasonable to be concerned for your safety. You wouldn't want someone following your wife or kids at night for any reason. If you follow me and I see you have a gun and it looks like I am not going to be able to avoid a confrontation with with you, who might be a robber,rapist,or sadist, I am going to do everything I can to save my own life including trying to bash your head in if I got the chance. This is not a race thing this is a guy following another guy whose only crime was wearing a hoodie.
fubar

San Jose, CA

#38 Jul 16, 2013
Pinche Gringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman's defense didn't argue "stand your ground" as a defense.
His defense was self defense. As ny young person should be prepared to defend themselves when any man is following them and they have done nothing wrong. What if Zimmerman had been a pedophile with a gun? TM was minding his own business and GZ walked up on him from behind what was the kid suppose to do? I live in a real high crime area and when I confront these gang members I do it from a distance at first. I try to stay close enough to my door in case I have to defend myself. I don't start out with a gun on me but maybe that is what people with money do.

www.HeavyFed.com

#39 Jul 16, 2013
fubar wrote:
<quoted text> My son and I would stop and eat hot dogs at the corner of Florence and Normandy.
It just so happens that I live on Florence just a block away from Normandie.

You obviously don't know too much about the area... since you spelled Normandie wrong.

I have lived in the worst cardboard barrios in Mexico, the jungles of Guatemala, on Lincoln in Detroit... never carried a gun... never even a little fear.

I have been here in South Central for a year... getting ready to move to Santa Monica next month.
Stonecold

Houston, TX

#40 Jul 16, 2013
Elaine wrote:
Just remember that skittles and Arizona watermelon are the prime ingredients in Lean/Purple Drank a home made drug popular with the thug crowd. There is evidence that trayvon was attempting to score codeine cough syrup in times leading up to the events. Robitusin is used when codeine cannot be acquired.
This is probably the most ignorant post I've seen on this site. Skittles and Arizona watermelon have absolutely nothing to do with making "lean".... They are simply delicious and are in no way related to any dangerous drug....I'm hoping this was a bad attempt at sarcasm but somehow I find that unlikely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 50 min stupid people 378
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 1 hr Gasman 685
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr fossilfarts 18,748
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 2 hr Gasman 592
Man beheads woman in Oklahoma - religion of pea... 5 hr dogs4donna 11
Woman has third breast added! 5 hr dogs4donna 5
My Lost Dog 6 hr dogs4donna 7

Baytown News Video

Baytown Jobs

Baytown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baytown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baytown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]