Shame on you, Deer Park city council

Shame on you, Deer Park city council

Posted in the Baytown Forum

Delores Martin

Houston, TX

#1 Oct 21, 2013
I went to check out the recent city council meeting online but there was no video, only a muddy sounding recording. The council packet is incomplete and it's almost pointless to try and follow along when you can't see the presentation and the documents are posted online.
Who has time to sit through meetings on a school night? But they can't manage to make anything available online.
As for the school board, that's a complete mystery. They don't even bother trying to provide information about their school board meetings online. You have to be there in person. They purposely make it difficult to find out what is going on here.
Lame!
When elections come I am going to demand anyone I vote for make improvements to make information more available to the public.
TexDP

Houston, TX

#2 Oct 22, 2013
Welcome to DP!
DP Dead But Not Forgotten

Hempstead, TX

#3 Oct 22, 2013
Delores Martin wrote:
I went to check out the recent city council meeting online but there was no video, only a muddy sounding recording. The council packet is incomplete and it's almost pointless to try and follow along when you can't see the presentation and the documents are posted online.
Who has time to sit through meetings on a school night? But they can't manage to make anything available online.
As for the school board, that's a complete mystery. They don't even bother trying to provide information about their school board meetings online. You have to be there in person. They purposely make it difficult to find out what is going on here.
Lame!
When elections come I am going to demand anyone I vote for make improvements to make information more available to the public.
You just sound like a typical lazy citizen to me. The Council meetings don't last very long and I`m sure they are veeeeery sorry they're during the week and can't accommodate you. Try leaving your house for just a few minutes to gather info if you need it or are you one of those shut-ins who's afraid to go outside?
DPDead AND forgotten

Deer Park, TX

#4 Oct 22, 2013
No everyone has time to sit on their A$$!

DP City Council does not want you to know what they are doing!
Delores Martin

Pearland, TX

#5 Oct 22, 2013
DP Dead, you sound like an overpaid public employee.
silly me. everyone knows elected officials and city staffers in Deer Park are too busy patting each other on the back to do anything useful anyway.
Rocky

Pasadena, TX

#6 Oct 24, 2013
Ask Jeff Pound and Charly Greer, they were supposed to be our saviors and hold everyone on city council accountable. That stopped after about the second city council meeting after the last election. Remember their lies when they decide to come back around asking for you to support them for next year's election.
Delores Martin wrote:
Lame!

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#7 Oct 24, 2013
Rocky wrote:
Ask Jeff Pound and Charly Greer, they were supposed to be our saviors and hold everyone on city council accountable. That stopped after about the second city council meeting after the last election. Remember their lies when they decide to come back around asking for you to support them for next year's election.
<quoted text>
Rocky, you've taken too many blows to the head.... Keep up. We've formed our own Tea Party, and our membership is growing like a wildfire.... We will keep and hold our city officials feet to the fire. We have a huge voting block and will vote out those that don't have our best interests at heart. We may not attend all meetings, but rest assured, we know what is going on. Don't start petty talk about Jeff or Charlie as you have no clue what is on the horizon. All is well. Stay tuned.......
Andrea

Friendswood, TX

#8 Oct 25, 2013
sdjs wrote:
<quoted text>Rocky, you've taken too many blows to the head.... Keep up. We've formed our own Tea Party, and our membership is growing like a wildfire.... We will keep and hold our city officials feet to the fire. We have a huge voting block and will vote out those that don't have our best interests at heart. We may not attend all meetings, but rest assured, we know what is going on. Don't start petty talk about Jeff or Charlie as you have no clue what is on the horizon. All is well. Stay tuned.......
;)
Andrea

Friendswood, TX

#9 Oct 25, 2013
Rocky wrote:
<quoted text>
Only certain people would know whether Jeff or Charlie have or have not been present at meetings. Only certain people would know whether or not they committed to holding council accountable. You post negative comments here with an anonymous name and we are all suppose to believe the almighty Rocky. Ha! You are hysterical. Put your name out there and maybe your comment will have more credibility.

“Perplexed”

Deer Park

#10 Oct 25, 2013
Andrea wrote:
<quoted text>Only certain people would know whether Jeff or Charlie have or have not been present at meetings. Only certain people would know whether or not they committed to holding council accountable. You post negative comments here with an anonymous name and we are all suppose to believe the almighty Rocky. Ha! You are hysterical. Put your name out there and maybe your comment will have more credibility.
Rocky won't, A... You should have invited him over for some ice cold tea ;)
Andrea

Friendswood, TX

#11 Oct 25, 2013
sdjs wrote:
<quoted text>Rocky won't, A... You should have invited him over for some ice cold tea ;)
I serve sweet decaf tea. Have a pitcher made up nearly all the time. Would love to sit down and chat with Rocky, but I bet Jeff and Charlie would really love chatting with Rocky.

“Perplexed”

Deer Park

#12 Oct 25, 2013
Andrea wrote:
<quoted text>I serve sweet decaf tea. Have a pitcher made up nearly all the time. Would love to sit down and chat with Rocky, but I bet Jeff and Charlie would really love chatting with Rocky.
Yep! ;)
DPTX

Deer Park, TX

#13 Nov 5, 2013
Andrea wrote:
<quoted text>I serve sweet decaf tea. Have a pitcher made up nearly all the time. Would love to sit down and chat with Rocky, but I bet Jeff and Charlie would really love chatting with Rocky.
Decaf tea? Yuck! No thanks.

Now, why would you really want to sit down and chat with Rocky? You can't fix stupid... or do you just have some spare time to waste?
jhtk

Deer Park, TX

#14 Nov 8, 2013
look who's Chair of the DPISD Board of Trustees and that will explain the poor management. talk about not checking credentials, he just slithered right into the position....
itsmesteph11

Deer Park, TX

#15 Apr 26, 2015
DP should have elected Mr. Pound.
Head up butt mentality. Truth is 1/2 of DP probably doesn't know who the mayor is much less council members and they thrive on that fact
Delores Martin wrote:
Lame!
Farter

Houston, TX

#16 Apr 27, 2015
Elect farts
DPTEX

Houston, TX

#17 Apr 27, 2015
Delores Martin wrote:
Lame!
You can email these issues to on the Deer Park Website. I have gotten good responses from it.
Minutes of all meetings should be open and provided to the Citizens. Tell them about it!
Email Farts

Houston, TX

#18 Apr 27, 2015
Deer farts
Oogor12

Deer Park, TX

#19 Jun 16, 2015
sdjs wrote:
<quoted text>Rocky, you've taken too many blows to the head.... Keep up. We've formed our own Tea Party, and our membership is growing like a wildfire.... We will keep and hold our city officials feet to the fire. We have a huge voting block and will vote out those that don't have our best interests at heart. We may not attend all meetings, but rest assured, we know what is going on. Don't start petty talk about Jeff or Charlie as you have no clue what is on the horizon. All is well. Stay tuned.......
You say you formed your own Tea Party and its growing.... Nice! When do you and your multiple personalities meet?
Multiple Farts

Katy, TX

#20 Jun 17, 2015
Fart meeting tonight

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
say goodbye to boys and girls harbor (Jan '13) 2 hr Jrjroofer 97
White House Correspondents Association Dinner..... 11 hr red dawn 3
32 and snow 13 hr Defiant1 2
Job 13 hr Defiant1 184
is OBSERVER really HEAVY FED ?? Sat red dawn 1
POLL--- is OBSERVER ---POO ???? Sat red dawn 9
At 100 days Trump is a still an idiot, like his... Sat Defiant1 4

Baytown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance