Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Jul 17, 2010
Jeremy Santos

Baytown, TX

#1 May 3, 2010
Do not waste your time going to this hobby shop. They hardly have anything and the prices is not worth your time.

I tried to buy stuff on several occasions and they either didn't have the product or the prices was way too high. Their prices are almost double that of victory rc or odyssey hobby.

They also say they will order more stuff 5 weeks later still don't have the part you need. I don't see them lasting more than year.

Although i did here something about another hobby shop opening soon. Close to baker rd don't know where though.
rocketman

Baytown, TX

#2 May 11, 2010
i went to store and the people were kind and frendly helped me with my problem and the prices were the same as all the other hobby stores
johndoe

Baytown, TX

#3 May 11, 2010
I purchased my first remote control at this hobby store, they
opened the package, put free batteries in, and started the
car to make sure it ran right. I thought this was great.
I brought the car home, wrecked it,amd broke the axle. Brought back to hobby store, they fixed for me. It only cost me the part, and 10.00 for repair time. The guys were friendly and answered all my questions.
CrazyRoller5460

United States

#4 May 28, 2010
A bit dissapointed when i visited this store. Not alot to choose from. And the younger guy i talked to when i was their was rude. Tried to ask a simple question about parts on redcat cars compared to HPI and didnt even answer my question fully. As well as i asked a general question in regards to engine tuning that any shop owner should know and he gave me the wrong answer. Note: you dont lean your car out when its cold you richen it. And they dont have alot a parts in stock as well as way over priced. I could buy parts and cars from other redcat dealers in the area alot cheaper.

Also Jeremy whats the name of that shop hopefully they have more to choose from, and someone that actually knows more about everything.
Traxxas_Rolla

Baytown, TX

#5 May 29, 2010
Jeremy Santos wrote:
Do not waste your time going to this hobby shop. They hardly have anything and the prices is not worth your time.
I tried to buy stuff on several occasions and they either didn't have the product or the prices was way too high. Their prices are almost double that of victory rc or odyssey hobby.
They also say they will order more stuff 5 weeks later still don't have the part you need. I don't see them lasting more than year.
Although i did here something about another hobby shop opening soon. Close to baker rd don't know where though.
I don't really share your full hate, but will say i did have the same issue where it took forever to get a part for my redcat car from them.
passin by

Baytown, TX

#6 May 29, 2010
I think hobby lobby is a nice store.
J1MH0Ss

Dayton, TX

#7 Jun 24, 2010
Are these guys still open i went by the shop and no one was there. It said to call for help and the phone rang and rang.?????????

Have gone by there 2 times and no one was there.

If you have posted hours you would think they would be open. Very sad face :(
Teh Fonz

Baytown, TX

#8 Jul 5, 2010
Second to above. This is typical of Baytown's crap stain they call shopping here. I need parts, they aren't even open for business. Very disappointing...
localbaytownian

Baytown, TX

#9 Jul 8, 2010
A full week and nobody has answered the phone. It's hard to support a local shop when it's not open.
J1MH0Ss

Baytown, TX

#10 Jul 17, 2010
Ok this is the low down from what i understand Gulf Coast Hobbies is no longer in business. I talked to a guy that shopped there and he said that he went out of business.
J1MH0Ss

Baytown, TX

#11 Jul 17, 2010
The new hobby shop that I shop at now is Razor Hobbies in baytown, tx.

They have quite a bit of stuff.

Search for them in google.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 7 min Defiant1 22,338
On vacation. 32 min Elaine 1
Youth Wrestling coming to La Porte! 1 hr poor heavy 39
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 1 hr why 529
Darwinism in Arizona 3 hr Lucy 20
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 6 hr That Fart Guy 17,911
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 9 hr That Fart Guy 337
•••

Baytown News Video

•••
•••

Baytown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baytown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••