This forum has died on the vine
Lomaxx

Missouri City, TX

#21 Oct 12, 2013
DAMN I hate to agree with fatass! LOL!
GOTP

La Porte, TX

#22 Oct 12, 2013
Well, there you go again, two gay? racist peas in a pod.

Lomazz and Heavy, hand in hand, skipping down the road called denial.

Sweet

But seriously what part of Obama's American do you disagree with? And why.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#23 Oct 12, 2013
GOTP wrote:

Sweet

I disagree with what Obama is DOING to America... this is NOT Obama's America... this is OUR America and its obvious to me that he does not give a damn about it.

Most everything he said he WOULD do... he did not... and most everything he said he WOULDN'T do... he DID!

He is a proven liar... he is full of deceit... and he DOES NOT SUPPORT THE PEOPLE!

You think he cares about YOU?

LOL

He cares about as much for you as any old swamp gator would... you're his meal.

He's eating you alive... and you are offering him seconds.
GOTP

La Porte, TX

#24 Oct 13, 2013
Care to give examples or are you all fat and no substance.

You cannot name anything Obama has done to harm America. not anything backed up with facts.

And why is in Your America?

Why is he eating me alive? Explain.

Location hidden

#25 Oct 13, 2013
GOTP wrote:
Care to give examples or are you all fat and no substance.

You cannot name anything Obama has done to harm America. not anything backed up with facts.

And why is in Your America?

Why is he eating me alive? Explain.
You think because someone offers you something for nothing they are your friend?

Obama is bleeding this country dry... he has run up more debt than all the Presidents before him combined.

Everything has to be paid for... if not by you then by someone else.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#26 Oct 15, 2013
Still waiting on Fizzled Out to post a "useful" message. We're waiting OP!

It's easy. Just register your name and post a message.
Fizzled out

La Porte, TX

#27 Oct 18, 2013
Elaine wrote:
Still waiting on Fizzled Out to post a "useful" message. We're waiting OP!
It's easy. Just register your name and post a message.
In re-reading this entire thread, it is obvious that you are simply trying to goad me into an argument. This is EXACTLY what my original post was about. It won't work. I'm one to talk, discuss, or even debate, but not argue.
I get what Heavy said before. He enjoys the banter. I just choose not to.....especially when it turns ugly.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#28 Oct 18, 2013
Here is where it started and you first complained that we arenít up to your standards:
Fizzled out wrote:
Topix is a great concept. Too bad the LaPorte forum has gone to the dogs. No pun intended. It's really a shame.
Here, is where you complained of meanness and accused me personally, even though I have never written to you before:
Fizzled out wrote:
You speak as if you know me. I assure you you do not. It's been quite some time since I've looked at this Forum because it had become riddled with meanness. I see that has not changed. You, ma'am, are a fine example.
Here is where you denied it:
Fizzled out wrote:
It was an observation, not a complaint.
Here is you, despondent over the hopelessness of posting here as if it is an excuse for complaining but not contributing:
Fizzled out wrote:
This is exactly what I'm talking about. I've participated in useful threads and have started useful threads. My only point was that no matter what the subject, it either turns ugly or veers from the original topic. This is a perfect case in point. Can there not be meaningful dialogue without unnecessary conflict? There is little kindness anymore.
Where is your positive contribution? I have asked for it many times:
Fizzled out wrote:
Oh, I don't think so. If you guys enjoy sparring, then have at it. I'm not interested in nosey neighbors and the like. That's not useful. My idea of "useful" is community safety, our city tax dollars being spent responsibly, cleaning up our city and our children's education. I guess I just don't understand the hatefulness. That's just not who I am.
Now letís change the subject and dodge the request for your contribution. Complaints keep coming:
Fizzled out wrote:
<quoted text>In re-reading this entire thread, it is obvious that you are simply trying to goad me into an argument. This is EXACTLY what my original post was about. It won't work. I'm one to talk, discuss, or even debate, but not argue.I get what Heavy said before. He enjoys the banter. I just choose not to.....especially when it turns ugly.
Whatís it going to be FO? Iím starting to like you. But you have to post something new here. I canít control the foulness of all of the posters. But I will give you my personal guarantee that I will not stomp on your posts (unless they are immoral).
Fizzled out

United States

#29 Oct 18, 2013
First, I'd like to say that I would never post anything immoral. Secondly, I'm cautious with my words because I want to be understood and not be rude. However, beginning with my very first post, my intent was to be light-hearted, but your reading of it registered a complaint. I guess I just am not cut out for a forum like this. I love people and don't like arguing. As far as a contribution goes; I'm not inclined to just pull a topic out of the air because you asked me to. People should post topics when there is a particular subject they'd like to address. I guess my life Is running pretty smoothly right now. I have God to thank for that. I hope this post serves as a better example of what I was originally trying to say.
Elaine

United States

#30 Oct 18, 2013
Fizzled out wrote:
First, I'd like to say that I would never post anything immoral. Secondly, I'm cautious with my words because I want to be understood and not be rude. However, beginning with my very first post, my intent was to be light-hearted, but your reading of it registered a complaint. I guess I just am not cut out for a forum like this. I love people and don't like arguing. As far as a contribution goes; I'm not inclined to just pull a topic out of the air because you asked me to. People should post topics when there is a particular subject they'd like to address. I guess my life Is running pretty smoothly right now. I have God to thank for that. I hope this post serves as a better example of what I was originally trying to say.
Fizzled:
What would you do if you won $100 million in the lottery? Travel? Gifts? Tell me how it would change your life.

Location hidden

#31 Oct 18, 2013
Elaine wrote:
<quoted text>Fizzled:
What would you do if you won $100 million in the lottery? Travel? Gifts? Tell me how it would change your life.
If I won $100,000,000... I'd use every cent of it to transform Main Street La Porte back to 1960's 1970's La Porte and make a huge tourist attraction of it.

Location hidden

#32 Oct 18, 2013
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>If I won $100,000,000... I'd use every cent of it to transform Main Street La Porte back to 1960's 1970's La Porte and make a huge tourist attraction of it.
Of course... that will be just a start to what I'd like to see done with La Porte.

I'd like to have a trolley that ran the length of Broadway from Shoreacres to the Senior Center/Fitness Center up to Krogers, go back down Main Street to Broadway with stops along the way... and a stop at Five Points and back down to Shoreacres. There could also be a tourist variation that included a detour to the Sylvan Beach Depot. Make some good use of that old depot sitting there rotting away... make it pay for itself and use profits to keep the place in running order.

You could do that on the cheap and use wheeled trolleys like they have in Austin.

Also if you used wheeled trolleys... you could afford to include another one that ran a loop down Spencer to San Jac and back up Fairmont to Krogers where you could catch the other trolley to the rest of La Porte.

You could have three or four interconnecting routes that cover most all of La Porte and sell cheap student passes for Elementary, Junior High, High School and San Jac students... take part of the burden off the public schools... save the schools some money and partially finance the trolley system with those funds.

By the time La Porte achieves what I have planned for it... the city will pay for itself... with no tax on the citizens.

It will take years of planning and working... but why should we not be headed in that direction now?

Rather than making plans that raise taxes... lets begin making plans that LOWER taxes... and plans that pay for themselves... rather than burdening the tax payers!!!

www.HeavyFed.com
Elaine

Houston, TX

#33 Oct 18, 2013
If you did that, you would be taking LP away from everyone else. You would be doing exactly what you rail against.

Location hidden

#34 Oct 18, 2013
Elaine wrote:
If you did that, you would be taking LP away from everyone else. You would be doing exactly what you rail against.
No dear... I would be giving La Porte back to the people... and quit giving it to the Port and the surrounding industry that contribute to campaign funds and pay consulting fees.

Nothing I would do... would harm La Porte at all.

My plan for La Porte will be implemented slowly... because they will be self financed... they will pay their own way but it will take years to achieve certain goals.

When you use tax funds... you take money from the people... and build what you please almost instantly, that's how we get things like Five Points.

Quality... like a grand old Oak tree... takes years of nurturing to achieve.

My projects will please as they build... self funding... with as little tax money involved as possible.

All building projects will be quality... not this rinky dink bought at Cheapo Depot over inflated to rob the people $4-$5 million dollar park we got!!
Fizzled out

La Porte, TX

#35 Oct 18, 2013
Wow. I think we only THINK we know what we would do with that kind of money. It really has always been my desire to see some of the world. But it would only take a fraction of that sum to make me happy. I'm not a greedy or complicated person. A little goes a long way with me. I don't have a lot of debt to speak of but a bit nicer house would do. Again, I'm a simple person at heart. I would help those closest to me with any financial difficulties. I'd definitely make sure all of my loved ones had the very best health insurance. Beyond that, as there would be a lot of money left over, I'd have to give it some thought. It feels like a big responsibility; one that I'd want to take seriously and put it where it would do some real good. Boring answer, huh? I guess I'm just kinda....boring. But my answer is sincere.
Lomaxx

Missouri City, TX

#36 Oct 18, 2013
GOTP wrote:
Sweet
Yo'MammaCare
Lomaxx

Missouri City, TX

#37 Oct 18, 2013
Get off the meth and you can hit the correct keys...
Elaine

Houston, TX

#38 Oct 21, 2013
Fizzled out wrote:
Wow. I think we only THINK we know what we would do with that kind of money. It really has always been my desire to see some of the world. But it would only take a fraction of that sum to make me happy. I'm not a greedy or complicated person. A little goes a long way with me. I don't have a lot of debt to speak of but a bit nicer house would do. Again, I'm a simple person at heart. I would help those closest to me with any financial difficulties. I'd definitely make sure all of my loved ones had the very best health insurance. Beyond that, as there would be a lot of money left over, I'd have to give it some thought. It feels like a big responsibility; one that I'd want to take seriously and put it where it would do some real good. Boring answer, huh? I guess I'm just kinda....boring. But my answer is sincere.
First, I would change my phone number.

Then I would invite all of my Kids and their families and my cousins and their families to go on a cruise for a week.

Expecting that there is a lot left, I would create a trust fund for my family to be used only for medical and education. No one gets money for gifts, crazy investments or living expenses. That's what jobs are for.

I might buy a new couch and some shoes and then give away the rest.
Fizzled out

La Porte, TX

#39 Oct 21, 2013
Elaine wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I would change my phone number.
Then I would invite all of my Kids and their families and my cousins and their families to go on a cruise for a week.
Expecting that there is a lot left, I would create a trust fund for my family to be used only for medical and education. No one gets money for gifts, crazy investments or living expenses. That's what jobs are for.
I might buy a new couch and some shoes and then give away the rest.
Good choices. Like I said, We don't really know until it happens, but it's a fun thing to fantasize about.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#40 Oct 21, 2013
Fizzled out wrote:
<quoted text>
Good choices. Like I said, We don't really know until it happens, but it's a fun thing to fantasize about.
It would give you a lot of choices to do some really good things.

I was thinking of a private foundation to quietly help deserving people without taking any public credit. The publicity would only complicate my life.

But, how do you define "deserving"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ikea reportedly buying 160 acres in Generation ... 55 min Walter glen stockton 1
the agenda 5 hr Hospital Farts 21
BEWARE of Stores using Certegy Check Approval l... (Mar '10) Apr 20 Fart Cutting 47
Cenikor (Feb '11) Apr 17 Live Farts 135
Mayors race Apr 15 red fart 2 10
Do you know what REALLY goes on at The Boys and... (Sep '10) Apr 7 Fart Kenmore 102
homeless people in cars at walmart (Feb '17) Apr 2 FART Now 40

Baytown Jobs

Personal Finance

Baytown Mortgages