Norma Elliott

United States

#1 May 1, 2013
Mock car crash scene happening at Fairmont and Park intersection.
Roads to that intersection will be blocked till about 10 am.
Program called "Shattered Dreams", partnership between LPPD and LP High School
LP Res

La Porte, TX

#2 May 1, 2013
Don't forget LPFD they are the ones who get the victims out of the cars when they are trapped. And let's include LP EMS. They transport the injured. Shattered Dreams is a citywide effort on educating our young people into hopefully making a better decision. My child was in Shattered Dreams several years ago. It is a very emotional experience. You never know how precious life is until you are writing a mock obituary for a 17 year old child.
Norma Elliott

Euless, TX

#3 May 11, 2013
You're right!! Every vehicle that would be called to an actual car crash was involved!!
It was a very somber event. There were also 2 Grim Reapers that were walking around the "crash" site. There were some parents that were there on the sidelines watching the event because their son or daughter was one of the actors. I got to talk to a grandfather of one of the students that happened to be one to die in the "crash". I could see that he was very affected by it. He said his wife, the students Grandmother, and another relative were very upset and crying. They knew it wasn't real but that's how powerful this event was for them. They watched their granddaughter being taken off by a hearse.
I just hope and pray that an impression was made on all the high school students. Especially being right around the corner from Prom time.
LP Res wrote:
Don't forget LPFD they are the ones who get the victims out of the cars when they are trapped. And let's include LP EMS. They transport the injured. Shattered Dreams is a citywide effort on educating our young people into hopefully making a better decision. My child was in Shattered Dreams several years ago. It is a very emotional experience. You never know how precious life is until you are writing a mock obituary for a 17 year old child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Educating African Americans is Racist!! 3 hr Job 2
Homeland? 7 hr Elaine 29
Gas Flaring 7 hr Elaine 11
Y'all leave poor Fubar alone! 8 hr Elaine 20
Linde installs gasifier vessel at Texas gases c... 9 hr Lomaxx 8
Obama arrested? Sat fubar 19
Fed and the White (power?) Movement Sat fubar 27

Baytown News Video

Baytown Dating
Find my Match