mike

Crosby, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

here is you a legend-- it is said there was some folks hung from the old baytown oak tree, when the kkk was the law in baytown-- which was called tri cities at the time.
Kristal

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

no i didnt....i just grew up in Baytown so I am used to the lingo from around here. If I would have went to Sterling it would have been more along the lines of Oh My God...really, you did not just say that. Ugghhh it is so rude.....you know all preppy and rich sounding....im just saying....
cinlou829

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2010

What is the history the McCollum Park and Road?
Where did the name come from?
Who is McCollum that it is named after?
red dawn

Crosby, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

from 1921 to 1923 the goose creek klan #4 held weekly parades down texas avenue.
StingOperation

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

The stories and legends surrounding "blood road" are stupid at best. I hope you morons don't really believe any of that drivel.

Please, everyone knows it's a UFO landing strip.

Last note, Nathalie, how would you know the house was abandoned with mail, belongings and rotted food had you not entered illegally. It's called "Breaking and Entering". Or, "Criminal Trespass".

Has it ever occured to you, no house is completely abandoned. Either the immediate family took ownership of the home or a bank owns the home. But trust me, somebody has rights to that property, and I dare say it's not you or your little buddies breaking in. Perhaps a family member shows up every few months to inspect the property and gather mail. Personally, I'd shoot anyone on-site had I went out to inspect the property for my family and found criminal trespassers breaking and entering illegally.
kedda

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

Ghost Hunter wrote:
Has anyone heard of Blood Road in the Baytown area??
yes when i was 17 i visited friends in seabrook tx and they took me there it was real there was no way it was staged we got out to make sure and we drove back and forth to make sure. it was cool.
Calpat

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

Kristal wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to know about them places.....there is a place in Baytown we call goat mans house too....
I graduated from LaPorte in 1989. I remember all this spooky local shit.
jjda

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2011

Ghost Hunter wrote:
Has anyone heard of Blood Road in the Baytown area??
hugbubufvvvtfyttftf
Tonja

Seabrook, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Nathalie wrote:
Oh my gosh, we used to go to that road when I was in High School. And yes- you could see red going one way, but not see it driving the other way. If you're willing to be spooked, it was spooky!
There was a house near there - a big old house - completely abandoned, with their mail and belongings all there, still food in the chest freezers all gone bad. Anyone remember that?
I should post on here about Goat Man's Road in La Porte, the glowing tombstone in Seabrook, and the Anderson Mansion in Shoreacres... see if anyone has heard of those.
I have heard of Goat Mans Road, I grew up in Deer Park and use to go down the road before it became the road it is today. Use to really freak me out when we would be brave enough to go at night which wasn't often. What is the story you heard about it...I have heard many and don't know which one if any is more common then the other.
Tonja

Seabrook, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Has anyone else heard the legend of the old house that use to be at the end of Millers Cut Off? I'm fairly sure the house in gone now, but I remember the legend very clearly, or atleast the version I was told.
Family being killed at the home and the new owner of the property putting dogs on it as guards and coming out and finding all the dogs killed. Bloody hand prints in the house that could not be covered with paint.....etc. Anybody else hear this one?
Gary L

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Yes! And it's TRUE!!!!!!

Well, it "was" true. But somebody called Ghostbusters and they rolled out in this big white station wagon and pointed these big raygun like things at the house and all the evil demons were sucked into this vacuum cleaner like thingey for evil spirits. It was pretty cool Tonja, from what I hear. But it's ok now.

By the way, helpful handyman tip number 1, you're going to want to clean and prep any surface before applying new paint. For a professional room painting job you'll want to address the bloody hand prints on all the walls in any home before simply painting over them. If hydrogen peroxide doesn't help with the bloody hand prints. Try light sanding followed by a couple coats of Kilzs primer. After a few coats of Kilz primer over the bloody hand prints, you may then apply a couple coats of paint and you'll find there are ways to paint over bloody hand prints on the wall and there's nothing supernatural about failure to do a job properly Tonja. In otherwords, Tonja, you're an f'n idiot!
Chris

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

smoked many a joints on that road oh the memories.
ibaker

Baytown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2011

gfreely wrote:
I remember back in the 80's you could go out there @ night and thanks to the lack of traffic, you could drive down one direction and see nothing...then turn around a follow the "blood trail"...haven't been back there since 2000. So it's been repaved, huh? One more Baytown Legend put to rest then...
what others legend's? never heard any. tell me more.
baytown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2011

The story I wana say wus d women killed the husband and draged him from one side to d other wer they lived wus it true or not who knows but u could see a strip off red down d street goin one way and not d other day or night it didn't matter u could get off nd try to see it up close but couldn't see it
baytown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2011

After they repaved d road u could only see it in spotted areas and had to drive dwn d rd a few times to see it
Lisa

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2011

Every time I jog I never see any blood or paint or a woman
S Crosslin

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

Yeah I have been there many times in the 80's

Story I heard was, lady (ghost) in the white dress that has been seen in the woods killed her husband and dragged him down the road behind her car and then at the corner the rope broke and slung him the opposite direction of the corner. But yeah it was real and scary with your headlights off on a full moon. Great Times!
mas22

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2011

Gary L wrote:
Yes! And it's TRUE!!!!!!
Well, it "was" true. But somebody called Ghostbusters and they rolled out in this big white station wagon and pointed these big raygun like things at the house and all the evil demons were sucked into this vacuum cleaner like thingey for evil spirits. It was pretty cool Tonja, from what I hear. But it's ok now.
By the way, helpful handyman tip number 1, you're going to want to clean and prep any surface before applying new paint. For a professional room painting job you'll want to address the bloody hand prints on all the walls in any home before simply painting over them. If hydrogen peroxide doesn't help with the bloody hand prints. Try light sanding followed by a couple coats of Kilzs primer. After a few coats of Kilz primer over the bloody hand prints, you may then apply a couple coats of paint and you'll find there are ways to paint over bloody hand prints on the wall and there's nothing supernatural about failure to do a job properly Tonja. In otherwords, Tonja, you're an f'n idiot!
jesus u sound like a serial killer. gtfoh
Don

Baytown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Fairly new to Baytown,,but I do like the some of the local ghost stories,,,The one that was really popular where I grew up was "Devils Bridge",,,the really old timers from the area was that some bank robbers met under the bridge to divide stolen money, tempers flared ,pistols came out and two of the robbers were killed,,,there have been many head on collisions near there,,,on the bridges,,,cars go off into the ditch right before the bridge, right after etc,,,,
redsix

Lufkin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

I remember some time around 85, that we used to go out to a house off Miller Cut Off. There was a long driveway that ended at a two story house. One of the details of the upstairs room was that you could go from one room to into a narrow passage to a little nook, then go into the next room. Also there was old mail and clothes, along with some person effects all over the place. Seem to think that there was like an old garge area and in the floor boards there was tax forms and mail. Rumor then was a Dr lived there and killed his family. I beleive there was a brick fireplace and you could go out the back to a small boat dock. Next door was another old house that was supposed to have a pool that was filled in, but I never saw that. Many a beer consumed there, good times.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of50
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Baytown News Video

•••
Baytown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Baytown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••