Blood Road Legend in Baytown, Tx

Posted in the Baytown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ghost Hunter

Baytown, TX

#1 Oct 10, 2008
Has anyone heard of Blood Road in the Baytown area??
Ghost Hunter

Baytown, TX

#2 Oct 10, 2008
Has anyone heard of the legend of Blood Road in Baytown???
desperate

United States

#3 Oct 14, 2008
Ghost Hunter wrote:
Has anyone heard of Blood Road in the Baytown area??
I wonder if its the sameone they call the Bloody Road?
Baytown Native

Baytown, TX

#4 Oct 21, 2008
Yes, it's out off 3180 on Barrow Rd. It's off the road that goes to McCollum Park. It's been paved over and you can no longer see the red paint while driving one direction on the road. Also the road is very residential now, used to be very country with hardly anyone living on that road.
snatchman

Somerset, KY

#5 Oct 24, 2008
heard that
gfreely

United States

#6 Jan 9, 2009
I remember back in the 80's you could go out there @ night and thanks to the lack of traffic, you could drive down one direction and see nothing...then turn around a follow the "blood trail"...haven't been back there since 2000. So it's been repaved, huh? One more Baytown Legend put to rest then...
Shannon H

Houston, TX

#7 Mar 10, 2009
Hell yes! I have been there several times as a teen and it freaked me out.It is the road that goes to the park.Used to be pressed rock and you could stop and look down and see what appeared to be either dried blood or paint on the surface of the road. what was so strange was that all sides of the rock surface were covered yet you could only see it going one way and not the other.
sun2shine

Houston, TX

#8 May 21, 2009
I live on this road. I was not aware of the legend until right before I moved there. It kind of freaked me out at first, but then you forget about it. Just out of curiosity, but supposedly how did the blood get there? The legend part that is. Wasn't it about some man killing his wife there?
Mit25

United States

#9 Jun 14, 2009
I grew up on McCullum Park Rd. Blood Rd is actually Point Barrow Rd. My uncle lived at the corner of both roads. I have been up and down the road, walking, riding horses, as well as driving. I do not believe this legend. There was paint on the road at one point. As many times as i have been up and down the road, day or night, this paint did not resemble blood. Just a legend. Just a good way for the high school boys to scare the girls on a summer night after a few beers
B-dog

Austin, TX

#10 Jul 25, 2009
From about 1990 (when i got my car) until 1994 we used to take girls out there. Yeah it was paint and you could only see it one way.. My grandfather has a big house on the old Barrow ranch at the corner now and the blood is gone. I have two stories about this road and both parties swear up and down this is true..

First my friend Tony was driving out there around 1986 or so with girls and saw a man and woman dressed in prom suits who looked like ghost. He was so freaked out by this he wouldn't even go to the park with us and swore it was true. I never really believed this story growing up.

Second my cousin was staying with my grandfather on that road. This story is so freaky because he basically saw the same thing, a couple that looked like ghost and were from homecoming. What freaks me out to this day is he had never heard of blood road. He is much younger. He told me the story about the ghost before I told him about how we used to always go out there in High School. I don't really believe in ghost but I still kind of get freaked out that he made the same claim.
samantha

Baytown, TX

#11 Sep 1, 2009
bloody road is the same as blood road, all it has to deal with is a girl got killed on that road an when you turn your lights off at the end of the road she supposably shows up an starts walking towards you, and you see blood on the road the storie is your suppose to start your car and leave before she touches your car! i advice you to talk off before she gets to your car(:
ErynMichelle

United States

#12 Sep 7, 2009
I lived in Mont Belvieu my WHOLE life... and I was told it was on 3180 like by all the schools and I was told a man killed his wife and pulled her dead body up the road like coming from beach city towards the schools and when up and down eagle dr... that's just what i heard... great thing about little towns... all the rumors lol...

OH but it was all about sarah's grave when I was in high school that was the "hot spot"
noe diaz

Baytown, TX

#13 Oct 23, 2009
the bloody road was a story about a mankilling his wife and dragging her through one end to another.cutting off lights made it not wanting to go back.if not true why would they tear the road down?
LilKeat

Idalou, TX

#14 Jan 5, 2010
noe diaz wrote:
the bloody road was a story about a mankilling his wife and dragging her through one end to another.cutting off lights made it not wanting to go back.if not true why would they tear the road down?
They didn't tear it down, LOL they paved over the road and now its nonnoticable now becuz of the jackass' who paved over the road... I never seen it to be honest but my mom told me about story and i believe her. The story seems pretty believable.
double a

Baytown, TX

#15 Jul 3, 2010
....iv never hard about blood road...im going to go out there tonight just to see whats up....i guess ill go to Point Barrow Rd, and McCullum Park Rd...i remember that not to long ago McCullum had a red road..but i guess thats not what yall are talking about and iv honestly never been down point barrow, but i do know thay close off the park at McCullum, and i do know of the graves that are their...and another thing sarah's grave the oil plant has tooking over that area..me and my firends have been all over that place i some times even go out their by myself and just wounder around...idk if that story is real...but its still a very good place to go if you want to get creeped out
Nathalie

Houston, TX

#16 Aug 15, 2010
Oh my gosh, we used to go to that road when I was in High School. And yes- you could see red going one way, but not see it driving the other way. If you're willing to be spooked, it was spooky!

There was a house near there - a big old house - completely abandoned, with their mail and belongings all there, still food in the chest freezers all gone bad. Anyone remember that?

I should post on here about Goat Man's Road in La Porte, the glowing tombstone in Seabrook, and the Anderson Mansion in Shoreacres... see if anyone has heard of those.
Kristal

Houston, TX

#17 Aug 23, 2010
Nathalie wrote:
Oh my gosh, we used to go to that road when I was in High School. And yes- you could see red going one way, but not see it driving the other way. If you're willing to be spooked, it was spooky!
There was a house near there - a big old house - completely abandoned, with their mail and belongings all there, still food in the chest freezers all gone bad. Anyone remember that?
I should post on here about Goat Man's Road in La Porte, the glowing tombstone in Seabrook, and the Anderson Mansion in Shoreacres... see if anyone has heard of those.
I would like to know about them places.....there is a place in Baytown we call goat mans house too....
mike

Crosby, TX

#18 Aug 23, 2010
kristal if you to goat man road and walk down it backwards wearing nothing but a tin foil hat, the mother ship will beam your weird ass up.
Kristal

Houston, TX

#19 Aug 24, 2010
hey mike....screw you.....i just like to know about all the different places....it is interesting to see how the legend got started in the first place. you aint got to be a smart ass.
red dawn

Crosby, TX

#20 Aug 24, 2010
kristal said--(you AINT got to be a smartass) bet you went to sterling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cosby 13 min SamDamnit 35
Fed and the White (power?) Movement 18 min SamDamnit 20
Kirby Vacuum "salesmen" in the area. (Oct '08) 3 hr big budz in kona 394
Cenikor (Feb '11) 6 hr Smith 118
KKK in Deer Park (Jan '10) 14 hr Mom41 130
Homeland? 22 hr Elaine 16
LaPorte Post Office Fri Josh 5

Baytown News Video

Baytown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Baytown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baytown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baytown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:58 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:58PM
Will the Philadelphia Eagles Miss the Playoffs?
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:10 PM
DeAndre Hopkins questionable after sitting out third straight practice
NBC Sports 3:16 PM
DeMarco Murray is determined to play
NBC Sports 4:14 PM
Ryan Mallett wants to be the Texans' QB next season