Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Why is it that when city employees were taking a huge cute in pay this past year that you guys didn't feel as strongly as you do about the coaches? I feel really feel bad for the coaches they dedicated themselves for years and it was a great program. However, from what I understand cuts had to be made. We all took huge cuts in pay. Maybe one day the economy will turn around.

I agree we shouldn't be wasting money on silly things like golf course bridges. Money should be spent on our infrastructure and maintaining it before we spend it on bridges and golf course greens.

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Just me wrote:
Why is it that when city employees were taking a huge cute in pay this past year that you guys didn't feel as strongly as you do about the coaches? I feel really feel bad for the coaches they dedicated themselves for years and it was a great program. However, from what I understand cuts had to be made. We all took huge cuts in pay. Maybe one day the economy will turn around.
I agree we shouldn't be wasting money on silly things like golf course bridges. Money should be spent on our infrastructure and maintaining it before we spend it on bridges and golf course greens.
I agree, and when I ran I was always an advocate for City employees, and still do. Ask around... Please continue to stay informed and attend city council meetings. It is quite an eye opener.
Bill

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Andrea wrote:
I said I had a meeting with the city on my FB post, you didn't see that?
I was asked by someone to put my FB posts on topix. I agreed and felt it would be good to shed some light and hopefully since most council members read Topix, perhaps they will find a way to KEEP these great coaches.
I got both sides of the story. When I was done talking I asked them if they had anything to add and I asked if they had any questions for me. Only a few things were said.
1)They had given them 2 options, remain contract or become city employees (no details were given).
2)I was NEVER told the budget for the program was cut, only the employee classification was the issue. The classification they offered meant a cut in pay. 3)It was suggested they have another meeting with the coaches.
They had no more comments or questions for me.
The coaches really only had 1 option, become city employee so they could continue to transport kids in a city van that are less fortunate to have the funds to have their entire family attend the big meets. However, that option meant a cut in pay which they can't afford either.
I will say it again I would be insulted if my pay was cut. In 26 yrs that coach has seen about 2600 kids go through the program and approximately 200 make it to the big events. Sometimes these kids get scholarships that help them go on and run for a college. I want my tax dollars to help KEEP these experienced coaches.
It is EASY to stand up for what I feel is right. I believe it is RIGHT to find a way NOT to cut their pay. If I don't get a future vote from you I understand and when you tell others not to vote for me, make sure you mention that.... Andrea doesn't sit idly by, she gathers her facts, and she is not afraid to stand up for what she believes in... but you really don't like that in a candidate and find it shameful.
"2)I was NEVER told the budget for the program was cut, only the employee classification was the issue. The classification they offered meant a cut in pay. 3)It was suggested they have another meeting with the coaches."

If I remember correctly years ago the classification was changed for the custodians, but those who were on board at the time of the change were grandfathered in at the old classification and that is how some of the custodians were able to attain pay around $22.00 an hour. So if the custodians were able to be grandfathered in years ago so they were able to continue their then current salary and eventually receive the excessive salary for custodian work, then how is it that the coaches were not given the same consideration and grandfathered in? Nepotism and who you know makes a big difference! Sometimes it is the only difference. Just saying.

Andrea

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

"Just Me", I was contacted by one of the coaches letting me know they would not be returning. I inquired more and before I knew it I was advocating on their behalf.
Bill

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Just me wrote:
"We all took huge cuts in pay"
So tell me what your huge cut in pay was?

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Well, I'm not climbing on board this train.
There are still a lot of people out of work.
The city is still having trouble coming up with a balanced budget and looking for ways to raise more revenues through more fees and taxes.

It has to stop somewhere.
If the coaches refused the offer, I hope they have other gainful employment awaiting them.

Of course, there's still that money pit on Georgia...

Someone commented about the money being spent on the "bridge"... that money is supposedly coming from the hotel taxes and those funds can't be used for general budgetary expenses, in accordance with Texas state law.

However, as far as replacing the greens... the city could save even more if they got rid of the course. I suppose it's possible, but doubtful that they will find someone to lease it.
yooflungpoo

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

DPTX wrote:
However, as far as replacing the greens... the city could save even more if they got rid of the course. I suppose it's possible, but doubtful that they will find someone to lease it.
don't you mean it's doubtful that they will find some idiot to invest in your money pit????

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

yooflungpoo wrote:
don't you mean it's doubtful that they will find some idiot to invest in your money pit????
hmmm... you're starting to catch on?

See what fresh air can do for you when you pull your head out and take a breath, instead of guzzling a 12oz bottle.
Funny

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

sdjs wrote:
<quoted text>Shame on you, and screw you. If you really cared about this program you would use your real name, like Andrea and myself, Shelley. Grow a pair and quit hiding behind these asinine names. Drop by for some tea and let's discuss it. Oh, I forgot, nobody ever takes me up on my offer...
You didn't initially use your real name, the word would be surveys and not survey's and the reason nobody ever takes you up on your offer is because you are a joke. So screw you bitter old hag who didn't cut it on council either.

“Perplexed”

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't initially use your real name, the word would be surveys and not survey's and the reason nobody ever takes you up on your offer is because you are a joke. So screw you bitter old hag who didn't cut it on council either.
;)

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Funny wrote:
What are you doing? Trying to compete with yoopoo & Hez over who the biggest shithead is on this forum?

Now, pay real close attention, dumbass... I've been on this forum for 5+ years and Shelley was on here long before me and it was no secret who she was at that time, either.

Now, you can post anonymously and I don't really care... but, before you start calling someone a bitter old 'anything', you should check to see if you have a pair of balls hanging between your scrawny legs, nitwit. You're not funny, but you're certainly the joke. Now, shove your head back up your chute and chow down.

“Perplexed”

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

DPTX wrote:
<quoted text>What are you doing? Trying to compete with yoopoo & Hez over who the biggest shithead is on this forum?
Now, pay real close attention, dumbass... I've been on this forum for 5+ years and Shelley was on here long before me and it was no secret who she was at that time, either.
Now, you can post anonymously and I don't really care... but, before you start calling someone a bitter old 'anything', you should check to see if you have a pair of balls hanging between your scrawny legs, nitwit. You're not funny, but you're certainly the joke. Now, shove your head back up your chute and chow down.
Thank you, my friend! I've never kept my identity a secret, only using my initials.... For you morons it is S (Shelley), D (Deane),J (Jones),S (Stokes). Keep up..... and keep sipping the kool-aid. I'll save the tea for those who are worthy. Thanks again, Dptx, for having my back. I will do the same..
yooflungpoo

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

lofuckingl
Death Starr

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

DPISD board votes to rescind land sale contract

Written by Bobby Vasquez. Posted in News

Deer Park_ISD_logoThe Deer Park ISD Board of Trustees has rescinded a contract that would have led to the sale of a tract of land that could have been used for low-housing apartment development.

The Board held a special meeting Monday morning and voted 7-0 in favor of rescinding the contract, which was initially approved in December of last year.

At this month's regular board meeting, homeowners living near the 6.0748-acre tract near the intersection of Genoa-Red Bluff and Space Center Boulevard objected to the district's pending sale.

Citing the potential of lowering property values, traffic congestion and other issues, residents packed the board room and an adjacent overflow room to voice their concerns with the pending sale of the land.

As part of the motion rescinding the contract, the Board also declared that the land is no longer surplus property and authorized "the superintendent or his designee to take all further actions necessary and advisable to effectuate this action, including, without limitation, the termination of any contracts and the execution of any documents."

Amazing what can happen when you fill the chamber with citizens speaking out.
Captain

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
"We all took huge cuts in pay"
So tell me what your huge cut in pay was?
Bill gets a tingle down his leg when he hears there are cuts with City employees.
winston zeddemore

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

sdjs wrote:
<quoted text>Shame on you, and screw you. If you really cared about this program you would use your real name, like Andrea and myself, Shelley. Grow a pair and quit hiding behind these asinine names. Drop by for some tea and let's discuss it. Oh, I forgot, nobody ever takes me up on my offer...

Shelley, et. al. you can't shut down one form of recreation (golf course) and justify funding another (track). you and andrea sound very hypocritical.
Andrea

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Winston ~ They never intended to shut down "(track)" only to cut the coaches pay and cut back their hrs.

I found out today 2 out of the 3 coaches will be returning!!! We are very happy!!!
yooflungpoo

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

2 outta 3 insinuated through texting they would not return...
now 2 outta 3 ARE returning....

isn't it better to let the story BECOME a story... instead of sensationalizing interpretations only to find out they were wrong?

*bracing for the wrath of "the bodyguard"*
PeeWee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Andrea wrote:
Winston ~ They never intended to shut down "(track)" only to cut the coaches pay and cut back their hrs.
I found out today 2 out of the 3 coaches will be returning!!! We are very happy!!!
Wonder what or who had influence on their mind change, Glad it worked out.

“Perplexed”

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

winston zeddemore wrote:
<quoted text>,
Shelley, et. al. you can't shut down one form of recreation (golf course) and justify funding another (track). you and andrea sound very hypocritical.
Whatever. The money pit and the track program are two different animals. Go smoke a pack, Winston, then get back to us. Maybe it will clear your mind...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Baytown Forum right now

Search the Baytown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 20 min Batch 37 Pain Is Good 17,206
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Defiant1 21,665
What happened 2 hr SamDamnit 32
La Porte preacher 4 hr Henry 4
New Orphan Charity 7 hr Witty Nickname 1
Construction on Canada 12 hr noway 3
Obama arresting doctors if they talk.. Tue Defiant1 58
•••
•••

Baytown News Video

•••
•••

Baytown Jobs

•••