wasted food at schools

Posted in the Baytown Forum

Albert

Manvel, TX

#1 Aug 29, 2011
The kids are being served breakfast in the classroom at CB Middle school.
My son said there are piles and piles of unopened food containers being tossed in the trash every morning, and (by the end of the day) the food stinks up the classrooms.
The administration (to cut costs ?) is having breackfast served in the classrooms cutting into the teaching time the kids get, then they have to clean up the messes the kids make, and by the time they're done the class time is over.
The food is going to waste! There are so many people who would gladly take this food to shelters, but instead its going to the dumpsters.
The savings are also not there because the caffeteria people have to be there anyway, except that instead of just messing up the caffeteria, they mess up every classroom + the hallways AND waste even more food. WHERE IS THE SAVINGS?
This year the teachers have more kids per class, less supplies than ever, AND have to clean the classrooms themselves because they even cut the cleaning crews.
These are the future US leaders. Presidents, congressmen, senators, mayors, business leaders, etc. We dont have to worry about AlQaeda comming to destroy our country, we are doing that already by continuing to elect incompetents to the Texas legislature. Have a few minutes, do a search to see how much $ Rick Perry had when he was first elected.... How does someone who had no money become a multi-millionaire while in public office??? Have you seen the land deals he has made? Why would anyone buy a piece of land worth $100 and pay $10,000? I tell you why: They get very lucrative deals from the State of Texas if they help the governor out....
THINK ABOUT THIS NEXT TIME YOU GO AND VOTE!
StopWastingOurTa xMoney

Manvel, TX

#2 Aug 29, 2011
There is no surprise here. Baytown schools like to waste tax money and offer little in return. It has been this way for years - every year it gets a little worse.
The teachers are great, but the administration is all about making themselves look good at the expense of the kids education. I bet they're already telling the news how much money they "saved" by having the kids eat in the class room, but they wont talk about how much more itwill cost to clean up or how the kids loose 1/2 the class time in the morning because of the mess that this creates.
They cut the cleaning staff by 2/3, they reduced the quality of the food again, the A/C hardly works, and some of the best teachers are leaving or have been cut.
The bilingual education is all about Mexican.... These kids already know Mexican. TEACH THEM ENGLISH!
This year they're averaging about 33 kids per class!
In my day we had good schools in Baytown.
TIMMY

Manvel, TX

#3 Aug 29, 2011
QUOTE who="Albert"
This year the teachers have more kids per class, less supplies than ever, AND have to clean the classrooms themselves because they even cut the cleaning crews.

LOL - the schools a mess, I heard they have a kid that likes to take his pecker out and touch kids with it but they cant do nothing cause he's in the retard class. The school cop had to chase him but just took him back to class so he got not trouble and can do it all he want.
bob

Humble, TX

#4 Aug 29, 2011
Wow Timmy. You sound real smart. What school did you go to?
TIMMY

Manvel, TX

#5 Aug 30, 2011
Anywhere I went be better than Crosby where the cows have to walk crosslegged you old fart
bob

Humble, TX

#6 Aug 30, 2011
I didn't go to Crosby, but you're right, wherever you went probably do be better than Crosby.
ConcernedMom

Manvel, TX

#7 Sep 1, 2011
I spoke on the phone with another parent and was told that their daughter confirmed about the boy who runs away from the teachers and is assaulting the kids and teachers with his private parts. I also called the school. They told me they cannot discuss the situation with a parent, even if my child is being affected.
The principal (lady) I spoke with said that its a privacy concern for the welfare of the kid - not my kid, but the one running around exposing himself and touching other kids.
I then tried calling the administration offices, but they "politely" told me its a school problem and I should speak with the school personnel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man beheads woman in Oklahoma - religion of pea... 5 min dogs4donna 11
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 6 min xxxx 681
Woman has third breast added! 9 min dogs4donna 5
My Lost Dog 11 min dogs4donna 7
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 40 min fubar 374
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 55 min fubar 590
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr SportSyTb 18,738

Baytown News Video

Baytown Jobs

Baytown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baytown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baytown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]