DPTEX

Hempstead, TX

#1 Sep 28, 2013
how many parades does this town need especially at nite? Has gotten ridiculous!!! Cannot get down Center St., kids running across street back and forth, and money we don't have spent n Police, etc.! And at nite!! As taxpayers everyone should care where there money is going! Tired of being blocked from getting home on Sat. nite due to a parade. How much does it cost to clean up all the candy in the gutters? Who needs candy off the street for their child? I will gladly bring them some at my own expense!
I give up

Spring, TX

#2 Sep 28, 2013
DPTEX wrote:
how many parades does this town need especially at nite?
My guess is 44, is that about right?
DP Dead But Not Forgotten

Cypress, TX

#3 Sep 28, 2013
DPTEX wrote:
how many parades does this town need especially at nite? Has gotten ridiculous!!! Cannot get down Center St., kids running across street back and forth, and money we don't have spent n Police, etc.! And at nite!! As taxpayers everyone should care where there money is going! Tired of being blocked from getting home on Sat. nite due to a parade. How much does it cost to clean up all the candy in the gutters? Who needs candy off the street for their child? I will gladly bring them some at my own expense!
And THERE is our "Grinch Post of the Night"! Congratulations, old-timer!
yooflungpoo

Baytown, TX

#4 Sep 29, 2013
traffic moves on Center Street @parade speed anyway...

aside from having to detour... how can you tell any difference???
Wwwere

Pasadena, TX

#5 Sep 29, 2013
Parade went from X to san Augustine heading South. I am sure this delay was not too bad. You are allowed to complain but you don't speak for the majority. There were over 150 people in the parade and even more on the the street waving in in joy. You are out numbered.
Wwwere

Pasadena, TX

#6 Sep 29, 2013
Next time stop in to CBS for some mood pills for about 5 minutes to wait the parade out. That way you contribute your money in taxes back to the city and contribute to your health.... As you seem so concerned about taxpayers.
Wwwere

Pasadena, TX

#7 Sep 29, 2013
*Cvs
DPTEX

Houston, TX

#8 Oct 1, 2013
yooflungpoo wrote:
traffic moves on Center Street @parade speed anyway...
aside from having to detour... how can you tell any difference???
Candy all in gutters (that city taxes used to clean up), blocked roads, taxes being used!
DPTEX

Houston, TX

#9 Oct 1, 2013
Impossible to get through to people who have nothing else to do, never think about budget or leave DP!
Wwere

Pasadena, TX

#10 Oct 1, 2013
Work in the city (houston), travel into the city often and always come back to Deer park and pay my share of taxes. I was in the parade. I also live near the parade route. Took less then an hour to complete. It really wasn't that bad dude.

And yet "it's impossible to get through people who have nothing" better to do then to come on here and complain. I bet you also would be the first one on here calling for parades if the city never had one.

So what you missed your turn into your street o well. Be prepared there's a few fun runs coming up..there I've opened another avenue for you to complain about something else.
DPTEX

Houston, TX

#11 Oct 2, 2013
Wwere wrote:
Work in the city (houston), travel into the city often and always come back to Deer park and pay my share of taxes. I was in the parade. I also live near the parade route. Took less then an hour to complete. It really wasn't that bad dude.
And yet "it's impossible to get through people who have nothing" better to do then to come on here and complain. I bet you also would be the first one on here calling for parades if the city never had one.
So what you missed your turn into your street o well. Be prepared there's a few fun runs coming up..there I've opened another avenue for you to complain about something else.
Just so happened that we had someone not familiar with the area delivering a car to us. Had already given them diretions to our house! Major problem again. I most of all think it is a frivolous waste of tax dollars to have so many and especially the dangers at nite. Does a child or children who is running back and forth across street and picking up candy out of gutter in dark get hurt before we realize the dangers?
Wwere

Pasadena, TX

#12 Oct 2, 2013
I'll agree to kids running across route.
iheartparades

Euless, TX

#13 Oct 2, 2013
Parade this Saturday morning hope to see all of you there !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
La Porte's 1st ANNUAL MARDI GRAS 5 hr Heavy Fed 20
Republicans- open carry in high schools 6 hr Lomaxx 4
Republicans - Border Security 8 hr Heavy Fed 10
Bratty DPHS girls 13 hr 3atm3 3
Republicans - Obama saves the internet 13 hr Elaine 3
Republicans - UN take over of the Alamo 16 hr Elaine 3
Sarah Palin in Iowa Thu Heavy Fed 206

Baytown News Video

Baytown Dating
Find my Match