Local Jobs Now Require One to Speak C...

Local Jobs Now Require One to Speak Chinese (Mandarin), Korean or Spanish

Posted in the Bayside Forum

KCBayside

Elmhurst, NY

#1 Oct 5, 2016
From what I've seen lately on many job ads in Flushing, Bayside, Whitestone, Douglaston, etc. for office positions, some retail positions, as well as some restaurants, it seems more and more likely that they ask if you are applying that you speak either Chinese, Korean or Spanish. To be honest, if a person who is qualified is searching for a position and doesn't speak any of those languages, it just makes the available positions all that more scarce for those of us that don't speak those languages. Granted, Spanish is a much more common language and much easier to learn for most English speaking people and I honestly don't have a problem with that because most places looking for spanish speaking people will hire someone who doesn't speak it if they are qualified for the position, as I've heard of this happening, however, when it comes to the positions asking for Chinese and Korean speaking people, that is just not right and not fair to the many qualified, smart job seekers who don't speak the language. I'm sure they have plenty of people who speak their language to scoop up the jobs. Instead of us having to adapt to their needs, perhaps they should try and learn English. I have a job, however, I have friends who are looking who only speak English and it's quite frustrating when the majority of ads you come across ask for Chinese, Korean, Spanish and in some areas Russian speaking as well. They are taking jobs away from English speaking qualified people. What is this place coming too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bayside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CityViews: De Blasio Can Fulfill his Progressiv... Tue three blocks 1
News Cuomo vows to sue Trump over hurricane response... Sep 16 illegalisillegal 2
News Suspected high-rise shooter is tied to African ... Sep 16 xusxipot 23
discover nepa Sep 14 Ray 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Bayside (Dec '13) May '18 Jovie 71
News Queens residents rip de Blasio as streets are l... (Jan '16) Dec '17 WATCHING LIVONIA 4
Poll Asian invasion in Bayside (Nov '12) Dec '17 KC Bayside 23

Bayside Jobs

Personal Finance

Bayside Mortgages