Rail-trail effort gets infusion

Rail-trail effort gets infusion

There are 5 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Sep 26, 2008, titled Rail-trail effort gets infusion. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

The North Coast brought in nearly $3 million Thursday from the California Coastal Conservancy for trail studies and the renovation of a dunes nature center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

unanonymous

United States

#1 Sep 26, 2008
"........about 90 miles of coastal trail are currently adequate for use, but parts of that are loosely defined and often not accessible other than on foot"

uh isn't that what a trail is supposed to be? This is no more than a bunch off wannabe greenies spending tax money to PAVE a coastal trail.
Chuck

Eureka, CA

#2 Sep 26, 2008
unanonymous wrote:
"........about 90 miles of coastal trail are currently adequate for use, but parts of that are loosely defined and often not accessible other than on foot"
uh isn't that what a trail is supposed to be? This is no more than a bunch off wannabe greenies spending tax money to PAVE a coastal trail.
Haven't you noticed - green is keen? Catch up, troll. Lift the rails, make em trails!
Jeff E

Eureka, CA

#3 Sep 26, 2008
"Rail Trails" is just another government waste of money.

For far less money, you could give every single one of the few that would use this trail, a lifetime membership in Cal Courts. You would have enough left over to buy the best treadmill for every home in Humboldt County.

California government doesn't have a deficit. It has plenty of money to waste on stuff like this.
peanut butter

Arcata, CA

#4 Sep 26, 2008
Give me and my family the 1.9 million dollars and I promise three times a year we will weed wack the trail and pick up the garbage!
Rotten Apple

Concord, CA

#5 Sep 26, 2008
Woooooo....Woooooo......All aboard Oakland Station, we'll be arriving in 3 1/2 hours in Garberville and 45 minutes more in Arcata. You may only bring a total of 20 pound luggage limit per person back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bayside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News TAP helps people get back home; bus tickets, ga... (Nov '11) 21 hr Annetta-49 750
Kimberling City Missouri Aug 21 Aaron 1
BEWARE DR. JOHN HUSTED- Bariatric Surgeon (Apr '14) Aug 18 Anonymous 21
News Parents in Fortuna hit-and-run case trade shots... Aug 18 marje 1
News Armenian organized crime grows more complex (Oct '10) Aug 17 Cinna Cinna Cinnamon 801
Review: Good Times Collision And Restoration (Jul '15) Aug 16 fastmagna 5
who is the biggest gang in riverside? (Jan '12) Aug 16 Rubidoux_123 38

Bayside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bayside Mortgages