Cannabis conference continues: SoHum ...

Cannabis conference continues: SoHum marijuana legalization discuss...

There are 41 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Jul 23, 2010, titled Cannabis conference continues: SoHum marijuana legalization discuss.... In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Those invested in the pot industry down south are bringing the conversation to Northern Humboldt this weekend, with the hopes of having an all-inclusive conversation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Harry Pothead

Palo Alto, CA

#1 Jul 23, 2010
This is all a big smoke screen for the "ILLEGAL" industry. They should be called NORTHBUMS and SOUTHBUMS. When you join, you get a patch to wear with a nasty pit bull on it. The County needs an enema, or better rat traps. Hamilton fears legalization. "You'll have fun..fun..fun..til daddy takes your cash cow away!"
Lets give the meth dealers, pill sellers a seat at the table too. They're a cash industry that "contributes to economic growth" Your a joke Anna. Geez...sounds like "organized" crime, not clinics to really help sick people?
Domino 21

Napa, CA

#2 Jul 23, 2010
Again, I hope law enforcement is taking pics and tag numbers. These folks are part of the problem. I know that this will be scoffed at, but did you stoners note that Prop 19 is given a 15% chance at passing? That other than white hippy types most are against this? The primary reason I will not vote for it is that it was written by the same folks that wrote Prop 215, and that is an unqualified charlie foxtrot of a poorly written law.
Jeff E

Eureka, CA

#3 Jul 23, 2010
Another non story. Just an excuse for the Times Standard to put its corporate symbol, the pot leaf, on page 1.
anonomous

Mckinleyville, CA

#4 Jul 23, 2010
Domino 21 wrote:
Again, I hope law enforcement is taking pics and tag numbers. These folks are part of the problem. I know that this will be scoffed at, but did you stoners note that Prop 19 is given a 15% chance at passing? That other than white hippy types most are against this? The primary reason I will not vote for it is that it was written by the same folks that wrote Prop 215, and that is an unqualified charlie foxtrot of a poorly written law.
1. It is illegal to profile people because the attend a political function, attending a political function is not a crime.
2.Prop 15 has at least 56% support among REGISTERED voters, and the California NAACP just came out with "unqualified support" of the proposition.Stop trying to make your OPINION into some sort of fact. Learn to read and go read the facts.

PS
The is a great article on the Arcata Eye website this week about legal illegal and quasi legal cannabis. After you learn to read , go read it.
longwind

Redway, CA

#5 Jul 23, 2010
If stereotypes were dollars, we'd have a far stronger economy here. As it is, pot is our economic base no matter how comfy some people are saying and thinking the same stuff for 30 years. Over the last 30 years the rest of our economy has tanked, while pot has just kept growing and spreading its influence--and kept our countywide economy afloat.

Harry Pothead, I hope your magic bong is stronger than your thinking, because we'll need some real help if we think like you and keep treating our strongest economic performers like meth-heads.
Buffalo

United States

#6 Jul 23, 2010
One arrested after Vallejo altercation
Times-Herald staff report
Posted: 07/23/2010 01:01:06 AM PDT

www.timesheraldonline.com/ci_15584610
Mary

United States

#7 Jul 23, 2010
Medical marijuana not welcome in 'mellow' Marin

www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/inmarin/detail...
Domino 21

Napa, CA

#8 Jul 23, 2010
anonomous wrote:
<quoted text>
1. It is illegal to profile people because the attend a political function, attending a political function is not a crime.
2.Prop 15 has at least 56% support among REGISTERED voters, and the California NAACP just came out with "unqualified support" of the proposition.Stop trying to make your OPINION into some sort of fact. Learn to read and go read the facts.
PS
The is a great article on the Arcata Eye website this week about legal illegal and quasi legal cannabis. After you learn to read , go read it.

Wow, I read the article by the lady that is against Prop 19. And I was going to go read an opinion for the Prop next, your anger makes me think that my default position is the correct one. I will have to see what Prop 15 is about. As for the Field Poll I am using their numbers. They say 10-15% chance of passage. As for the NAACP, I find it incredibly arrogant for people to treat other groups as mindless followers, and that is what the NAACP does.

I hope that after you light your first joint you can calm down. Facts are facts. And you have no expectation of privacy in Public. LEO's can shoot pics at will.
Observer

Eureka, CA

#9 Jul 23, 2010
anonomous wrote:
<quoted text>

You might try to use some REAL facts yourself big guy. The field poll of last week showed legalized pot measure ls LOSING 44% to 48%
Just opinions

Eureka, CA

#10 Jul 23, 2010
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
You might try to use some REAL facts yourself big guy. The field poll of last week showed legalized pot measure ls LOSING 44% to 48%
The latest Field poll survey was published July 10,2010.
Observer's numbers are correct - 48% against - 44% in favor
Now a look inside the numbers:
8% undecided - most avid pros/cons have made up their mind.
For Prop.19 to pass 77% of the undecided voters have to vote Yes.
Both Meg & Jerry are against Prop 19.
Both Attorney General Candidates Too.LA's DA Cooly is against $ale$.
That's a lot of $$$$ coming out against it.
Field polls have been correct in 92 out of 101 Cal.proposition votes since the 90's.

Just wait.The cops will make some huge pot bust of some notorious badboys(crips/bloods/angels/ay rians/Mex.mafia,etc.)right before the election and showcase it as an example for voting NO.
Forst Gump

Eureka, CA

#11 Jul 23, 2010
Just saw the "No on 19" website with all the major players pictures-Jerry Brown,Meg Witman,Barb Boxer & Fiareno - on the home page.

They say it's poorly written and vague.
They say the USA Govt. will cut us off from federal funds.
They say the Field poll guy says "it's all over" the "No's" are going to win.
domino 21

Millville, CA

#12 Jul 23, 2010
MR Gump,The US Government will have to end many contracts, you can't work for the Feds and use a 215 card either. The "Field poll guy", when I heard him said that for a Prop to win it needs to have a big approval from the start. I have yet to read it, but it is from the same folks that gave us 215 which is poorly written and vague. I assume that you misspelled the Republicans names to disrespect them. It does not help your cause.

j.o., my guess is that some of the big growers will run some splashy ads, then turn in a rival outfit. If there are few honest men in crime, there are no honest men in the dope industry.

anonomous, I went to read the article in the EYE and by the second paragraph it was clear that the writer had an agenda and that he doesn't read history, and he doesn't like the US. More power to him. But preaching to the choir will not help your cause. Just as attacking those that you want to vote for your Prop doesn't help. Thankfully, dope does not affect the brain. ;) ;) ;)
JohnnyHempseed

Eureka, CA

#13 Jul 23, 2010
Hurry up and catch up.
With all the little towns saying "no" and Arcata and Eureka regulating, the Board of Supes are this county's only hope of being a "Napa" of cannabis.Meetings like this one do serve a good purpose.
BTW - Now that Prop.19 is predicted to lose,will any politicians be there?Bet not?
hammertime

Paris, France

#14 Jul 24, 2010
The Canabis Entrepreneurs are probably the smartest most talented people in the community. Redirecting there talents into other fields will be a great boost to the county.
Rigamaroll

Mckinleyville, CA

#15 Jul 24, 2010
People really like the lobby infused legislature, yeah, the one that is in the pocket of BIG CORP. It has become such the norm in this country/state. It takes money to make money, all of these new laws and regulations will create new bills for the budget strapped state. Prop 19 was written by non-growers and a few rich dispensary owners in Oakland who stand to gain ten-fold if it is passed. Vote no on the same rigamaroll as any other introduced bill by a member of the state assembly.
George

United States

#16 Jul 24, 2010
Yolo DA, U.S. Attorney announce indictment against pot growers in Yolo County
By Democrat Staff
Created: 07/24/2010 02:30:27 AM PDT

www.dailydemocrat.com/news/ci_15593228
George

United States

#17 Jul 24, 2010
hammertime wrote:
The Canabis Entrepreneurs are probably the smartest most talented people in the community. Redirecting there talents into other fields will be a great boost to the county.
Is that while in or out of incarceration?
Rigamaroll

Mckinleyville, CA

#18 Jul 24, 2010
And you all like orally pleasuring BIG CORP, its what makes you a patriot.
Linda

United States

#19 Jul 24, 2010
Corning teacher hit, killed in Chico
CHP: Driver under influence of marijuana
By GREG WELTER MediaNews Group Writer

www.redbluffdailynews.com/ci_15585779...

"...arrested on suspicion of felony driving under the influence of marijuana and vehicular manslaughter."
KnowItAll

United States

#20 Jul 24, 2010
So, the moral of the story is - "let's continue to hide our heads in the sand and pretend that smoking MJ is immoral, because Reefer Madness told us so?" The war is OVER. This battle may lose by a slim margin, but THE WAR IS OVER! It's just a matter of time before the anti-crowd either dies off, or grows up. To oppose rational discourse over how to deal with reality is juvenile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bayside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reggie 2 hr Pablo 2
who is the biggest gang in riverside? (Jan '12) Sun WSRiVa Gang 61
Review: New Exceptational CSRA Adult Program Ce... Oct 15 EXCEPTATIONAL CSR... 32
Free Amazon Stuff Oct 13 Justin 1
7819 Cypress Ave. Riverside, CA 92503 Oct 12 RIVERSIDE CSRA AD... 33
Review: Riverside Job/Employment Center Oct 12 RIVERSIDE CA EMPL... 20
News Two men allegedly rob Bayside marijuana seller (Oct '09) Jan '15 champ2015 44

Bayside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bayside Mortgages