International Folk Dance Festival sho...

International Folk Dance Festival showcases traditional steps, ...

There are 13 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Apr 12, 2010, titled International Folk Dance Festival showcases traditional steps, .... In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Dancers at the 12th Arcata International Folk Dance Festival in Bayside wrapped up their weekend of performances and lessons on Sunday with brunch and toe-tapping music.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

Domino 21

Cupertino, CA

#1 Apr 12, 2010
Why is this in the news section? Front page no less? The State is broke, it will be passed on to the Counties, because the counties will obey, which will impact the Cities etc. And a lifestyle story about square dancing Turkish style is on the front page? And you wonder why people won't subscribe?
Tip Top Club

San Mateo, CA

#2 Apr 12, 2010
I like female naked folk-dancing night. Yeeeaaaahhhh!
Linnea Mandell

Union City, CA

#3 Apr 17, 2010
This year's festival turned out to be an amazing, fun, educational, and well-attended event! Many thanks to the many organizers, teachers, performers, and participants.
Frank

Milpitas, CA

#4 Apr 17, 2010
Naked cooter pie, yumm, Hippie stink and all.
Bob Olofson

United States

#5 Apr 17, 2010
Live music, good food, many different kinds of dancing, meeting people from different areas, learning to play and sing songs from different cultures, modeling fun healthy alternatives to television and video games for young people...

My question is, why would people rather see yet another panic headline about the economy?
Terry Allaway

Crescent City, CA

#6 Apr 17, 2010
What other activity can people from all walks of life participate in and enjoy without any special knowledge or equipment and without breaking the bank? The positive energy in the hall just sizzled with so many happy people dancing and singing to this most extraordinary live music! A needed balm to the soul during such stormy times. Plus, I learned some new dances to take back and share with my local group.

What does this good-time festival have to do with the state being broke? Would it be better if we all stood around and wrung our hands?
Natalie Cabrera

San Bruno, CA

#7 Apr 17, 2010
It is such a wonderful, fun, unique event here in our own town.
Sonya Jackson

Castro Valley, CA

#8 Apr 17, 2010
Thanks to all those who put on another great music and dance festival. It is a great cultural event and brings in many guests from out of town.
Gretchen Schuster

Danville, CA

#9 Apr 20, 2010
Another wonderful year, you folks work so hard to make this incredible event affordable and accessible. It is really special that we can enjoy a Spring blast of cross cultural pollination here in our small community. Guaranteed smiles. Many local events engage my mind or create a party like atmosphere, but this one lifts up my spirit.
asuman

Tokat, Turkey

#10 Oct 20, 2010
The 2nd. Art and Folklore festival of Municipality of Istanbul Beylikdüzü, organised by Afem will be presented from July 12th to 17th 2011 with participations of Folk Dance, Dance and Music Groups from 25-30 different countries.
The folklore groups that are willing to attend our international festival, are supposed to be the best groups of their countries.
The Folk Dance, Dance and Music Groups that would like to take place in our festival, have to apply with their document, CD etc. describing details of their performance in writing before the deadline of December 25th 2010.
Best regards,
Asuman Süar
Executer
The General Coordinator of the Festival
asuman

Tokat, Turkey

#11 Oct 20, 2010
The 2nd. Art and Folklore festival of Municipality of Istanbul Beylikdüzü, organised by Afem will be presented from July 12th to 17th 2011 with participations of Folk Dance, Dance and Music Groups from 25-30 different countries.
The folklore groups that are willing to attend our international festival, are supposed to be the best groups of their countries.
The Folk Dance, Dance and Music Groups that would like to take place in our festival, have to apply with their document, CD etc. describing details of their performance in writing before the deadline of December 25th 2010.
Best regards,
Asuman Süar
Executer

bhumika

Bangalore, India

#12 Oct 20, 2010
please give us some folk dance songs
asuman

Istanbul, Turkey

#13 Oct 21, 2010

Best regards,
Asuman Süar
Executer

+90 5324146017

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bayside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Metrolink Inland Empire-Orange County Line 10 hr METROLINK IEOC LINE 2
News Assyrian, Armenian, Greek Genocide Commemoratio... 11 hr Former Armo 4
White Mexicans (Sep '13) 12 hr Jeffrey acosta 5
Review: Friendship Christian Fellowship Church Apr 22 Riverside Church 10
eureka yall better be getting out of there Apr 22 Calling Russia Don 2
Commune Apr 20 BlueIrisheyez 1
News Two men allegedly rob Bayside marijuana seller (Oct '09) Jan '15 champ2015 44

Bayside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bayside Mortgages