Two men allegedly rob Bayside marijuana seller

Two Southern California men were arrested Sunday after they allegedly pulled a gun on a Bayside man and stole a large amount of marijuana. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
B4D4SS

Healdsburg, CA

#44 Oct 15, 2009
rainbow haze wrote:
It's a fair deal. The north sends water and pot to the south. Workers in the south pay for the welfare , food stamps, SSI and crazy checks for people in the north. Without LA and the bay area humboldt bud would be worthless......yeah , I've heard it "everyone in the north is clean and honest and everyone in LA is a crook" haha , put down the bong.
What?! I think we all would be better without LA...
resident of humco

Oakland, CA

#45 Oct 15, 2009
despite what your stance is on marijuana and the issues that come with it the important thing here is our community. the pot isn't going anywhere. so instead of pointing the finger at the growers or whoever else you can come up with, lets come up with solutions. we need to come together as a community, form neighborhood watches, alliances with police, and tight nit relationships that do not allow for this type of mishap. these bangers are going to keep coming, but we can protect our utopia if we come together as a community. or we can divide ouselves despite our obvious commonalities. the fact is even if you are a legitimate worker, your businesses are thriving cause of pot. this entire community would be a ghost town without it. the fishing industry, lumber industry and other local large scale money makers almost cease to exist. our university is pushing the limits when it comes to tuition hikes and class cuts. our lifeline right now is marijuana. legalization will come soon enough and when it does we can either be a napa or meth haven. embrace the plant and the huge benefits our community reaps from it. stick together and protect our redwood curtain with everything we have. there was once a notion of the state of jefferson. a northern californian state of agrarian self sustained peoples. we need to come together in that and fight back against these attacks with everything we have. i was attacked by an individual fitting the description of these lovely people. i was asked if i knew where to find the dank and after i said no i didnt, was accused of lying, and grabbed by the shoulder and spun around. despite the fact the individual was at least 4-5 inches taller and a bit bigger than i, i grabbed him by the throat and bounced his head off a shelf leaving him unconscious inside a local retailer. i am not suggesting that a violent reaction is the only one to pursue, but we cannot sit idle as the home that we all love is overtaken and rn into the ground by some lifeless and uselss bangers. we are all responsible for preventing the urban sprawl from making its way up here and part of that is coming together to keep out the rift raft that comes with it. i sincerely hope that all residents of humboldt, trinity and mendocino can put aside their differences and see that whats at stake is the utopia we all love.
Adapt and Learn

Atlanta, GA

#46 Oct 16, 2009
Resident of Humco

While you may be correct in the assumption, the problem lies with those who choose to respond in a poor maner.

What is deplorable is the notion of those who are utilizing it illegally. I am all for the legalization of Pot, although not a smoker myself. Would not dream of it. However my views on not on trial, its the way to regulate the industry that grows it.

The government does not know how to address it. And if they address it who do they hold accountable?

Who wants to be held accountable for the illegal usage once its traced back to the orgin or dispenced location?

Your absolutely correct about the North Coast and its rich resources. But as you can see, the government itself has an open door policy on those resources.

IE: Redwood trees for loging and building homes; Larger freeways to travel faster from south to north and vice versa; Rivers that provide water to those homes that are built in the cities, etc...

It seems to me that our government--that you and I elected--have and will continue to utilize those resources and others until they are depleted, thus forcing those in the area to relocate once again. And the cycle begins again.

Yes, Marijuana does play a role in the community, however it is played by those who are using it wrongfully, while those who are utilizing the drug for its beneficial uses are being criticized.

It is up to the community in humboldt county, and other counties, to police themselves with the condition that those who are legitimzing the aspect of 215's--or what ever number they want to call it--to ensure that it is used for the purpose of healing compared to those who are using it for recreational use.

Now the big question is:

Who wants to snitch on those who are using it for recreational use?

All of a sudden most everyone wants to clam up.

I do not know if I would go as far as to state that businesses are striving because of the growing of Marijuana. There are pleanty of those in the area that do not grow or smoke the plant and their businesses are doing very well despite our economic slowdown.

The "embrace the plant and the huge benefits our community reaps from it" statement in and of itself could be incriminating, depending on how to research it and follow the roots of "drug" money entering the system from "plantation to business", however with that being said, I am sure that a substantial part of the flow of money from these "plantations" does enter the system.

If it was regulated properly, that "money" would not enter the system, and thus businesses would not "reap" from it.

Our Government grows Marijuana for the "THC" and uses it for those who have certain types of cancer.
What businesses "reap" the benefits?

None execpt big pharma companies...

So--to accept the possiblities of utilizing the benefits of growing Marijuana and what it can provide is one issue, but we must accept the result of its illegal usage and prepare to initiate the proper response as a result whether its our own family or not.

So I pose the questions again:

Who wants to be held accountable for the illegal usage once its traced back to the orgin or dispenced location?

Who wants to snitch on those who are using it for recreational use?

Who is willing to take that step?

Most likely no one. And thus no one wants to "come up with solutions".

Al.
champ2015

Palmdale, CA

#48 Tuesday Jan 13
We never robbed him. Ever!!!! The charges were dropped before we even got to court. There were several lies told by this "victim". He had a vendetta against someone we knew and we were unaware of it at the time in question. The "victim" apparently saw us as an "opportunity" for his vengeance! HE was the criminal on this day in question. High off his ass on meth. Tweeking the entire time. Truth prevailed. Oh and fuck everyone who made a negative comment! Just cause the newspaper wrote it a certain way does NOT make it fact!! Run our names and check the records.......PUBLIC INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!#DoYourHom ework

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bayside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TAP helps people get back home; bus tickets, ga... (Nov '11) Sat homeless family 293
JoAnns FAbric & Craft Store-Cheats Employees (Jun '07) Fri Leslie Abell 348
L.A., Glendale seek injunction against Toonervi... (Nov '08) Thu WICKED EWD 120
Homeowners!!! Renovating your home Jan 22 suppa1 1
Duane Flatmo's Willow Creek mural depicts kinde... (Jul '09) Jan 21 Username 80
opika Al. Jan 20 earcia loftis 1
Local Mennonite farmer victim of Highway 101 wr... (Jul '10) Jan 20 Friend n neighbor 88
Bayside Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bayside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:16 am PST