Something's fishy

Something's fishy

There are 5 comments on the Lake County Record-Bee story from Oct 20, 2010, titled Something's fishy. In it, Lake County Record-Bee reports that:

Isn't it interesting that the incumbent State Assemblyman, Wes Chesbro, has now asked for a six month delay for Marine Protection Zones to be implemented off of our North Coast, yet he voted for MPA's in 1999 as State Senator? So who does he think he's kidding? This tricky maneuvering is to delay MLPA implementation until after the November 2nd ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake County Record-Bee.

Glenn Goodman

Lakeport, CA

#7 Oct 21, 2010
Once again, the Republican solution; make things way worse. Run someone so toxic that even if there is a third party candidate, it's risky to vote for them.
MJD

United States

#10 Oct 22, 2010
Glenn, here's an idea... Vote for the person you think will do the best job! Even if they aren't one of the 2 main candidates running! Voting for the lesser of 2 evils is still voting for evil! If more people would vote for the best candidate then things could possbily change. But just blaming Republican's will get you nowhere except some brownie points with some posters on this site.
Glenn Goodman

Geyserville, CA

#12 Oct 23, 2010
Wake up wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole system is the problem GG. There's really no 2 party system. They just want to maintain that illusion. You honestly believe the corporate powers don't hedge their bets on Repubs and Dems alike? You may think there's a change in power, but it's all smoke and mirrors. Multinational corps with no national or political allegiances merely put one party in for a while until we're tired of their antics and then the other side gets a turn for a while. We are so distracted by the puppets that we don't focus on the puppeteers. Look behind the curtain, even with the Obama show and who he's appointed to key cabinet and power positions. It's the GWB reruns all over again. I hate to sound like a fatalist, but it's how the world geopolitical stage acts out over and over. The coup really ocurred when JFK & RFK were eliminated by the military industrial mafia. They are the international thugs who enforce the will of your "toxic" corporations.
I wish I could tell you that you're wrong. My point still is that if millions of people didn't vote totally against their own interests, those of us who pay attention would have real choices. Any thinking person ought to be able to see the Republicans for what they are. The Democrats on the otherhand make a pretext about being on the side of the pepole and many of them are. Your point that it sure doesn't work out that way is painfully true, but the way they trap us, is to put the people who would like to make things better, and correctly see the Democrats as being lots better than the Republicans, in a dilema. If fewer people voted Republican, our politics would start to broaden out. We are constantly faced with the dilema of either offsetting Republican votes, or voting symbolically.

Look at what happened in 2000. If the Nader voters had voted lesser of two evils in Florida, Bush couldn't have stolen it. I'm sure Gore would have been a disappointment, but not nearly as bad as Bush. The real question is why did 45 million people vote for Bush? Twice!!?

Robert Parry wrote an excelent article about this saying that every time we vote to "teach the Democrats a lesson" we end up seeing the entire political picture shift to the right. The real problem is that we control only a marginal fraction of the media, and of course that a lot of people choose their politics to match their atitudes and self view.
Taxpayer

Kelseyville, CA

#14 Oct 23, 2010
A $126,000,000 Dollars a Year $300,000 Dollars a day to maintain the Lake County Sheriffs Department.
Taxpayer

San Jose, CA

#15 Oct 26, 2010
Taxpayer wrote:
A $126,000,000 Dollars a Year $300,000 Dollars a day to maintain the Lake County Sheriffs Department.
How come the Sheriffs Department needs $126,000,000 ayear for a sheriffs department in a county with a population of 60,000.
It sounds like the city of Bell!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bayside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
help 21 hr ddw 1
red light moving around & above to the right of... Sun mr1 ru12 1
need to get home please help me Jul 3 jarrell hayton 2
News TAP helps people get back home; bus tickets, ga... (Nov '11) Jul 3 clynn42 409
stranded couple Jun 30 ronm11 1
Stupid hillbillies with their nose in the air (Feb '14) Jun 25 whatthe 6
News Armenian organized crime grows more complex (Oct '10) Jun 24 johnnymark 792
More from around the web

Bayside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Bayside Mortgages