School gardens help promote good nutrition

When Chris Hollen sent her daughter to Freshwater Elementary School with a salad in her lunch five years ago, the other kids laughed at her. Full Story
Donna

AOL

#1 Apr 4, 2008
Hi: My two Grandchildren go to Freshwater school and participate in the gardening program. My husband and I have been raising our two Grandchildren going on 8 years and they have been raised around lots of veggies and fruits. They love to garden with Grandma and help her can the vegetables also. Thank you, Cris Hollen for such a wonderful program you have put together for our children who go to Freshwater school. I know that they will all reward you by passing on their knowledge they have gotten from you. THANK YOU AGAIN, Ms. Hollen
Cynthia

Hollywood, FL

#2 Apr 7, 2008
I would love to hire a landscaper for my ranch who can help me set up gardens like this for my family. Does anyone know how I can reach Ms. Hollen?

“HENCHMAN OF JUSTICE”

Since: Dec 07

McKinleyville

#3 Apr 7, 2008
Now, let us talk about how FLOURIDE can be taught to kids as well.

Jeffrey Lytle
McKinleyville - 5th District
Debrah

Vincentown, NJ

#4 Apr 9, 2008
If "Mother Nature" was a mortal... she would be Chris Hollen! Like a magic garden nymph, she sprinkles her love over the Earth and wonderful things grow! She enriches peoples lives in so many ways and if she could, she would feed and nurture the world from her gardens and groves, beautify the world with her flowers, and cure all that ails you with that which grows from the soil. Lucky are those whose lives she touches!
Shut Up Hippie

Eureka, CA

#5 Apr 10, 2008
So farmers all over America are worthy of your worship Debrah? Doubt it, you say crap like tha above then slam the rest by calling them rednecks.

I know your type.

BFD she grows plants. Wow.
Matt

North Hampton, NH

#6 Jul 24, 2008
I don't get it "shut up hippie", friends and family aren't allowed to give chris a pat on the back for doing a great job? Chris never called herself a farmer, she arranged a childhood developement program. You're really great at missing the point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bayside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr subscibe 15,995
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Adds up 200,938
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 5 hr lollypop 5,068
Riverside, California Weather Forecast (Sep '12) Mon Weather Forecast 30
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon GOP bull 2,265
Scotland independence referendum Sun Johnny 3
What's with all this hate towards Armenians? (Jul '10) Sep 12 Glendalian 170
•••
•••
•••

Bayside Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Bayside People Search