Holocaust survivors share stories with students

Full story: Eureka Times Standard

For the past six years, the California State Assembly has honored Holocaust survivors during California Holocaust Memorial Week in April.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Charles E Smith

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2009

Gee, bringing up a dead issue, again and again. Get over it. It happened and it's over. You have your coffee latte and begals and lox. Get over it. We don't see other people crying and bitching about what happened to me or them.
Jeff Katz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2009

Mr. Smith...reading between the lines of your commentary sounds like the classic anti-Semite remarks. What is wrong with remembering the past so it does not repeat itself? What is wrong with teaching history to our children? No one is crying or bitching, and if you would open your mind, you will learn that Professor Oliner came to this country with less than nothing, ultimately got an education, served our country during the Korean War, raised a family, wrote many books, is Professor Emeritus at HSU, and an inspiring person who has had a positive impact on the lives he has touched....can you make that same claim Mr. Smith?
anonanon

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2009

Charles E Smith wrote:
Gee, bringing up a dead issue, again and again. Get over it. It happened and it's over. You have your coffee latte and begals and lox. Get over it. We don't see other people crying and bitching about what happened to me or them.
Wow, You are sincerely insensitive and ignorant.
Should we also forget about slavery, what happened to the native americans, or the Armenian genocide?

lox and bagels doesn't make up for 6 million dead.
argumentum

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2009

anonanon wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, You are sincerely insensitive and ignorant.
Should we also forget about slavery, what happened to the native americans, or the Armenian genocide?
lox and bagels doesn't make up for 6 million dead.
Yes, and while we are at it, let's not forget the estimated 5 million who were largely forgotten after being killed by the Nazis. Remember? The Seventh-Day Adventists? The Gypsies? The Homosexuals? The Communists? The Disabled? The Mentally Ill?

Let's not remember only the Jews who died in that Hell known as the Holocaust.

Let's remember ALL the victims of Hitler's demonic regime.

And if we do that, we must, to be fair, remember the millions of Russians and others who died under Stalin's orders. Most died not for any personal crime or characteristic, but because they were part of an entire group of people Stalin wanted "liquidated."

There's more, but that's all I can stand to think about now.

Let's just not limit our condemnation of human cruelty to the people whose ideas we oppose. Let's not limit our sympathy only to the people whose ethnic origin or national identity we share.
argumentum

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2009

Jason wrote:
Yahhhhhhnnnnnmmmm. Boring news, get on with life, go kill some ni##rs and asians, at least we'll have something to discuss.
Empty words from an empty soul.
never forget

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2009

if we really want to make this old news mean something and TRULY "never forget", we must use this information to stop the israeli holocaust against the Palestinians because THAT is what is happening today. NOW! at THIS MOMENT. and it's something we should be STOPPING instead of supporting.
Instead all we see are some rude jews wearing clown wigs who rush to silence those who talk about this current HOLOCAUST perpetrated by the israeli government - the most racist government in the world.
Jews are the ones who ALWAYS forget when it comes to the misery caused by israel and they in effect are the most vicious anti-semites of all.
You are either against ALL holocausts or merely against the ones YOU don't like and that makes all supporters of isreal's wars NAZIS.
So... where do you stand? With the current nazi state of israel - the only "country" which actually possesses ILLEGAL NUCLEAR weapons?
Or with the rest of the thinking world, who realize that israel is an aggressive terrorist regime?
radioactive

King William, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2009

i believe that samuel oliner was a surviver and i respect that
radioactive

King William, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2009

he is a great man
radioactive

King William, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2009

awesome
radioactive

King William, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2009

forget you man really !!!!!!!!!!
radioactive

King William, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2009

i wasn't talking about samuel oliner i was taling about jason dumbass
radioactive

King William, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2009

argumentum wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and while we are at it, let's not forget the estimated 5 million who were largely forgotten after being killed by the Nazis. Remember? The Seventh-Day Adventists? The Gypsies? The Homosexuals? The Communists? The Disabled? The Mentally Ill?
Let's not remember only the Jews who died in that Hell known as the Holocaust.
Let's remember ALL the victims of Hitler's demonic regime.
And if we do that, we must, to be fair, remember the millions of Russians and others who died under Stalin's orders. Most died not for any personal crime or characteristic, but because they were part of an entire group of people Stalin wanted "liquidated."
There's more, but that's all I can stand to think about now.
Let's just not limit our condemnation of human cruelty to the people whose ideas we oppose. Let's not limit our sympathy only to the people whose ethnic origin or national identity we share.
man i am a 13 year old boy and we are talkingabout the holocaust and i am doing a research paper on samuel oliner so i just wondering if i can get a little help
radioactive

King William, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2009

back then life was a bitch wasn't it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bayside Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bayside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••