Police shoot suspected rabid foxes ne...

Police shoot suspected rabid foxes near Arcata on Friday

There are 22 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Dec 27, 2008, titled Police shoot suspected rabid foxes near Arcata on Friday. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

According to the Arcata Police Department, at around 1 p.m. Friday two foxes thought to be infected with rabies were killed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rey

Seaside, CA

#1 Dec 27, 2008
I've heard that it's easier to test the attacking animal for rabies than to go through long expensive medical teatment.

“Fred's Humboldt Blog”

Since: Jan 08

Eureka, CA

#2 Dec 27, 2008
That might be true, but that assumes they can catch the suspect animal. I also suspect, even if they put traps out and caught a fox or two, they couldn't be sure that was the animal in question.
anonymous

United States

#3 Dec 27, 2008
So what do you do if your neighbor is feeding feral cats.... he puts out 15 full paper plates of food every day.
the grinch

United States

#4 Dec 27, 2008
anonymous wrote:
So what do you do if your neighbor is feeding feral cats.... he puts out 15 full paper plates of food every day.
Put out traps, and take them to the animal shelter in McVille.
Gilligan

AOL

#6 Dec 27, 2008
Better check some of those clowns on the plaza. GOD knows some of them have rabies!!!
california

Boulder Creek, CA

#7 Dec 27, 2008
thats how the eureka PD deals with strange or suspicious acting PEOPLE!!!!
Mike

Danville, CA

#8 Dec 27, 2008
Sure it wasn't a transient disguised as a fox and merely foaming at the mouth over the thought of an Obama administration?

Now, if it were 'mad' fox, perhaps they got into someone's stash?

PETA notified?
horse person

Seaside, CA

#9 Dec 27, 2008
I live in Bayside, I go outside with a shotgun in one hand and a baseball bat in the other, you Plaza people bashers and anti Eureka PD can find out how I deal with strange or suspicious people and animals
bring it
sad people

Powder Springs, GA

#10 Dec 27, 2008
WOW
horse sense

Menlo Park, CA

#11 Dec 27, 2008
horse person wrote:
I live in Bayside, I go outside with a shotgun in one hand and a baseball bat in the other, you Plaza people bashers and anti Eureka PD can find out how I deal with strange or suspicious people and animals
bring it
Maybe you ought to have a business on or near the plaza. You'd have a different opinion on where to apply the bat. But maybe your a cross between a horse and a burro.
Bass Ackwards

Amity, OR

#12 Dec 27, 2008
horse person wrote:
bring it
The butt end of a shotgun makes a pretty good bat.How the heck do you shoot a shotgun and hold a bat at the same time?
TomC

Sterling, VA

#13 Dec 27, 2008
OMG...that means the Racoons and every other critter will be...contaminated.

Not Good, at all.
Bunion John

Santa Rosa, CA

#14 Dec 27, 2008
Bass Ackwards wrote:
The butt end of a shotgun makes a pretty good bat.How the heck do you shoot a shotgun and hold a bat at the same time?
He holds the Bat with his Tail...
Bass Ackwards

Amity, OR

#15 Dec 27, 2008
Bunion John wrote:
<quoted text>
He holds the Bat with his Tail...
Maybe it's one of them SWAT shotguns?
hcn

United States

#16 Dec 27, 2008
Those mean POlice !!!!! Just kidding.

Stumpy

Santa Rosa, CA

#17 Dec 27, 2008
Bass Ackwards wrote:
Maybe it's one of them SWAT shotguns?
He holds the Bat with his Tail because he's a Rainbow-Striped-Ass Baboon and Very Clever...
Stumpy

Santa Rosa, CA

#18 Dec 27, 2008
That's
Rainbow-Striped-*A*s*s* Baboon and Very Clever...
(These Stoopid Filters...!)
Stumpy

Santa Rosa, CA

#20 Dec 27, 2008
In the report, Humboldt County has actually done
pretty good for the period 1997 - 2006
3-Cats
17-Bats
15-Foxes
14-Skunks
No Dog, Possums, or Raccoons.
(These are reported, tested animals)
Stumpy

Santa Rosa, CA

#21 Dec 28, 2008
Someone axed my link to the Report.
Don't do that...
Here it is again...
It's Rabies info for several animal species
Statewide for 1997-2006
http://www.cdph.ca.gov/HealthInfo/discond/Doc...
horse person

Seaside, CA

#22 Dec 28, 2008
Bass Ackwards wrote:
<quoted text>
Think fast, choose your weapon according to species, make it count

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bayside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Forensic scientists say Dickson case is priority (Aug '08) 18 hr Darth 17
News Armenian organized crime grows more complex (Oct '10) Thu painterdavegln 811
Mira Loma Christian Adult School (Jan '15) Thu Skys the limit 17
News Hash receives 11 years in prison (Jan '09) Jan 17 Debbie 87
News Bigfoot is not at all imaginary for many inland... (May '09) Jan 16 Callme TRUMP 69
News Two men allegedly rob Bayside marijuana seller (Oct '09) Jan '15 champ2015 44
News on the Cover: Sometimes Jerry wins Nuisance nei... (May '07) Feb '14 Allan 11

Bayside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bayside Mortgages