Nesconset developer arraigned on felo...

Nesconset developer arraigned on felony charges -

There are 43 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 15, 2007, titled Nesconset developer arraigned on felony charges -. In it, Newsday reports that:

Longtime Nesconset developer Robert Fitzpatrick, surrendered to authorities shortly after being named in an indictment by a special grand jury that was unsealed Thursday -- and was arraigned on felony charges ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LI Home Owner

United States

#1 Nov 15, 2007
Before buying an existing home, I tried to work with several LI builders. My experience was that they were mostly crooks or "worked the System" in ways you or I could not. Good to see the "System" working them. Now...lets bring it to Nassau!
Stop the insanity

Port Washington, NY

#4 Nov 15, 2007
No more building on new lots should be allowed on Long Island. There are just too many damn people on this Island. Building should only be allowed on existing lots. And more towns need to help preserve historic homes from demolition. This island will look like northern New Jersey if we don't out an end to it. In fact, Nassau County already does!
Uh huh

Sea Cliff, NY

#6 Nov 15, 2007
Now let's go after the big boys. This guy is small potatoes.
Vindicated

Norton, MA

#9 Nov 15, 2007
Add another dirtbag to the list. Anthony Calderon, LB Home Improvements in Long Beach.
Add Klar

New York, NY

#10 Nov 15, 2007
In my opinion, Steven Klar should be added to the list. I bought a townhome from him and after he completed the work there was no money left in the homeowner's association fund, due to "miscellaneous" charges that mysteriously appeared...to the tune of over 20 grand.
Billy Purdue

Medford, NY

#11 Nov 15, 2007
E Racanelli says it all...!!!!!
friend

AOL

#12 Nov 15, 2007
...wait to the fill and chemicals starts seeping through the foundations of these new homes starts .. then go find the real crooks...bless us all
Dr Doom

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Nov 15, 2007
A fly-by-night builder did a botch job next to me. What a major hassel for me, and us as neighbors don't make 1 cent for all the inconvenience. These builders are greedy and could care less about anyone else.
Smithtown taxpayer

Peekskill, NY

#14 Nov 15, 2007
I ask again whatever happened to Bonerba?
He was a flaming A-hole and should do serious jail time, the friggin' loser.
The Great American

Piedmont, OK

#15 Nov 15, 2007
These are the crooks that don't robbed you with a gun, only a pen
Rich

Bayport, NY

#16 Nov 15, 2007
I know this builder. He's a good builder who builds a good home and backs up his work.

The story is pretty vague on to what he is really being accused of. You can add an addition onto a house and as long as 51% of the completed structure is old then it is an additionl. If you knock it all down and then rebuild an entire new home, it's a new structure. However, I know that MANY builders do take down all the wall and build new and still call it an addition.

I vouch for this builder, he's not a crook like many others.
PETE F

AOL

#18 Nov 15, 2007
I guess Tommy wants Pat Vecchio added to his list of victims. Building to getting Vecchio discredited for his next election. Maybe make him elect not to run so one of his own boys can move in.
Jac

AOL

#19 Nov 15, 2007
The Great American wrote:
These are the crooks that don't robbed you with a gun, only a pen
You forgot to add a hammer, screwdrivers and nail guns.
WOODY FROM ST JAMES

AOL

#20 Nov 15, 2007
Rich wrote:
I know this builder. He's a good builder who builds a good home and backs up his work.
The story is pretty vague on to what he is really being accused of. You can add an addition onto a house and as long as 51% of the completed structure is old then it is an additionl. If you knock it all down and then rebuild an entire new home, it's a new structure. However, I know that MANY builders do take down all the wall and build new and still call it an addition.
I vouch for this builder, he's not a crook like many others.
I AGREE WITH RICH....MR FITZPATRICK IS A GOOD BUILDER, NOT A SLASHER. HE IS A TOP NOTCH PERSON.....THESE CHARGES ARE UNFOUNDED...... MR SPOTA SHOULD BE PAYING MORE ATTENTION TO THE MARTY TANKLEFF ISSUE.....IF A NEW TRIAL IS ALLOWED IN THAT CASE,TOMMY'S GOOSE WILL BE COOKED!!!!
poconoweeze

Sunbury, PA

#21 Nov 16, 2007
This one looks like a real winner. Consumers beware of con artist contractors.
ON MY JUST TERRIBLE

Kastamonu, Turkey

#22 Nov 16, 2007
These are the type of cases that the death penalty was designed for.GIVE ME A BREAK !!The biggest corruption going on in suffolk cty is coming from their own D.A.s office which appears like it will never end.
Jeff

New York, NY

#23 Nov 16, 2007
The Town of SMithtown is the WORST buildings dept. in the county! I'm not suprised to hear there's corruption involved. I had to get a permit this past summer for work being done on my house and the entire staff was nasty and arrogant... I hope they all go to jail!
bobby

Valley Stream, NY

#24 Nov 16, 2007
jeff the town of brookhaven is just as bad . they make jesse james look like an altar boy.
Who Cares

Dallas, TX

#25 Nov 16, 2007
Who really even cares about some residential home builder???....There are thousands of these guys here on LI...when it said Developer I thought it was a large scale commercial landlord not some guy who builds a house or two....great story Newsday
Gene

Patchogue, NY

#26 Nov 16, 2007
Newsday states "Ward, who works in the district attorney's Government Corruption Bureau, said Fitzpatrick's indictment was the first one to come out of a special grand jury looking into corruption in Smithtown's building department."

So my question is, drum roll please,......
where is the corruption in the Smithtown building department?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bayport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Les Jardins, Coram NY (Feb '10) 6 hr Chuck 16
Review: Wood Kingdom Inc (Feb '11) Sun Fudd Jipacker 57
ILoveKickboxing- Lake Grove (Jul '15) Sat Lee 7
Review: Long Island Academy Of Dance (Oct '08) Sat Lee 14
News Angie Carpenter, Islip supervisor, optimistic a... (May '15) Apr 28 Enoch 15
Patchogue, May 24, 1960 (Jul '13) Apr 27 Frank Lambert 5
News Arrest Report: DWI, Criminal Possession (Nov '11) Apr 24 BIue Iady 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bayport Mortgages