Alone again

Full story: The Minneapolis-St. Paul Pioneer Press

BY MARY DIVINE | PIONEER PRESS The troubled boy was adopted when he was 7 and brought to Minnesota from the other side of the world.
Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Nov 5, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Alex Bignell

Rogers, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2006

Judged:

While Alex may seem charming on the out side, he also has a very dangerous side to him that most do not see except in the home where he lives. He is an excellant con artist who can manupulate you into believing what ever he wants from you. He killed my one year old poodle the first two weeks he came into my home, stabbed two dairy cows with a pitch fork causing them to die a slow death before we found out what had happened. He also killed several baby goats on our farm.
He ran away to the neighbors house telling them he did not know the Kinghorns and that his folks came from the Ukraine and dropped him off in Meadowlands while they went onto Minneapolis to live.
He tried to stab many other of our dogs, put codeine in my coffee which I am alergic to. Dirt into the bakery buckets of flour and sugar of which we ate from. Hid weapons contantly to use on his siblings, and dogs, as well as broke as many things as he could in the home. He also broke the front tooth of my baby when she was a year old.

Sweet, cute and charming you bet he is look up RAD and you will know more about the RAD child. I personally do not ever want him to know where we live as we all feel he is a threat to my family, and fully believe he would try to locate us and do us harm. This is why Michelle and Jeff decided to return him to the too.
Also for the record we were never being investigated for taking in children illegally as we had an attorney, we paid thousands of dollars to to adopt the four children. We were unaware at that time that Mn was not a private adoption state which is why we moved to AR.
Alex was with us for two years and then we could not longer to take the stress he caused us, as well as I could no longer retrain him as he was too strong for me, and when he blew up I did not have the luxury of thorazine shots the mental health system is allowed to give to those who are out of control.
Yes my former husband did a horrible thing during his mental illness, but we loved Alex with all our hearts. But for the best interest of the other children in our home we felt we could no longer keep him in our home, nor finalize his adoption into our family.
If you need an outside witness to many of his actions please contact Lloyd Olds in Meadowlands MN he can verify Alex's behaviors as they saw him on many occasions flipping out and destroying my home,and during church services!
it would be nice to get the full story before you make unfounded and hurtful accusations about families who are trying to help the children no one wants!
Glenda Kinghorn
orbo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2006

Judged:

At least you tried. Many, many people are so quick
to judge you but, never willing to go through with
what you and your ex-husband tried. Sound to me like he is a bad seed and should be institutionalized. Good luck.
Brandon Stahl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2006

Hi Glenda, I'm a reporter with the Duluth News Tribune working on a follow-up story to the one the Pioneer Press published. I'm hoping to do an interview with you regarding Alex and want to provide a chance to add additional information to the story. Please, please contact me at 218-720-4154 or email me at bstahl@duluthnews.com.
Thanks,
Brandon Stahl
Reporter
Duluth News Tribune
Just Me

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2007

New article in the Duluth Tribune about this boy- http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/articles/ind...
orbo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2007

Excellent article!! It scares me that this "bad seed" will eventually slip through the system
and be an adult here in the U.S.A. Personally,
we have enough problems-ship him back to Russia,
Let them deal with him!!
Jackie

International Falls, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2007

Judged:

Alex Bignell wrote:
While Alex may seem charming on the out side, he also has a very dangerous side to him that most do not see except in the home where he lives. He is an excellant con artist who can manupulate you into believing what ever he wants from you. He killed my one year old poodle the first two weeks he came into my home, stabbed two dairy cows with a pitch fork causing them to die a slow death before we found out what had happened. He also killed several baby goats on our farm.
He ran away to the neighbors house telling them he did not know the Kinghorns and that his folks came from the Ukraine and dropped him off in Meadowlands while they went onto Minneapolis to live.
He tried to stab many other of our dogs, put codeine in my coffee which I am alergic to. Dirt into the bakery buckets of flour and sugar of which we ate from. Hid weapons contantly to use on his siblings, and dogs, as well as broke as many things as he could in the home. He also broke the front tooth of my baby when she was a year old.
Sweet, cute and charming you bet he is look up RAD and you will know more about the RAD child. I personally do not ever want him to know where we live as we all feel he is a threat to my family, and fully believe he would try to locate us and do us harm. This is why Michelle and Jeff decided to return him to the too.
Also for the record we were never being investigated for taking in children illegally as we had an attorney, we paid thousands of dollars to to adopt the four children. We were unaware at that time that Mn was not a private adoption state which is why we moved to AR.
Alex was with us for two years and then we could not longer to take the stress he caused us, as well as I could no longer retrain him as he was too strong for me, and when he blew up I did not have the luxury of thorazine shots the mental health system is allowed to give to those who are out of control.
Yes my former husband did a horrible thing during his mental illness, but we loved Alex with all our hearts. But for the best interest of the other children in our home we felt we could no longer keep him in our home, nor finalize his adoption into our family.
If you need an outside witness to many of his actions please contact Lloyd Olds in Meadowlands MN he can verify Alex's behaviors as they saw him on many occasions flipping out and destroying my home,and during church services!
it would be nice to get the full story before you make unfounded and hurtful accusations about families who are trying to help the children no one wants!
Glenda Kinghorn
I know...
Jackie

International Falls, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2007

Judged:

I know...I know your living situation. You let those kids live in filth.
anon

Fayetteville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

Jackie wrote:
JACKIE. IF YOU SEE THIS PLEASE EMAIL ME. IM INVESTIGATING THE KINGHORN FAMILY AND NEED ANY INFORMATION YOU CAN GIVE ME.
SEBASTIANCASA2@SBCGLOBAL.NET
Orchid

Winona, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

anon wrote:
<quoted text>
JACKIE. IF YOU SEE THIS PLEASE EMAIL ME. IM INVESTIGATING THE KINGHORN FAMILY AND NEED ANY INFORMATION YOU CAN GIVE ME.
SEBASTIANCASA2@SBCGLOBAL.NET
Thank God someone is.
glenda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

You have never even met me or been to my home how cab you lie and make judgements you ignorant woman!
someone who knows you

Rocklin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

you deserve all you get my dear Glenda. Its called Karma baby.....
guess who

Rocklin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

no my dear, you are the ignorant one. You are well know by many sorry to say. You deserve all bad that comes your way. Its called KARMA.....
no ones fool

Rocklin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

oh so David Kinghorn was mentally ill? Go figure. Ill tell ya, you are full of stories. It never quits with you. Those poor children!
no ones fool

Rocklin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

So now you say David Kinghorn is mentally ill? Go figure. Last you said he was on drugs and flipped out. What ever it is ,you had no business with taking in any children for any reason. For gods sake, these children need safe, healthy place to stay. If your husband was so bad off, why would you subject these children to more adversity in their lives?? Oh I know, its about the money.
DISGUSTED

Rocklin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

WELL ,SINCE YOU LIKE TO PUT YOUR LIFE IN THE LIME LIGHT ONE CANT HELP BUT TO RESPOND.AFTER READING THE SANTA THING AND YOUR HELPFUL HINTS ON ADOPTION YOU SURE SOUNDED LIKE THE PERFECT COUPLE HELPING CHILDREN. WOW,JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU, YOU CANT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ. I GUESS YOU NEED MORE OF THAT 24/7 TO PROTECT THE CHILDREN YOU SO MUCH CARED ABOUT.
Joe

Homer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2008

So whatever happened to Glenda and her children?
Guess who

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Gee must be Bill kinghorn from all the comments from Sacramento, the one who had sex with "HIS " own bio sister Dorothy kinghorn Burns! I guess it runs in your famiy Bill! and Debbie Your daughter, who had an abortion right after she got married so "daddy" wouldn't know his little yellow tulip was PG when she got married! It is interesting that all the blame has been shifted off of David and all onto Glenda in all of this isn't it?!
tell no lies

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2009

that is a lie glenda drove alex insane.she would tie him down and beat him till he could not cry no more.they would take him out strip him nakid and throw us on the ice then put us on the electtric fence.manny more painfull momeries.
survivor

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

Jackie wrote:
yea u and steve wold bring weapons to tourchure the 17 children. you were going 2 thi land 2 get your sex change and was going 2 bring chalee 2 the orphage.i dont have anithang nice to say 2 you!!!!!!! thats y yall moved with tha kinghorns because dhs was looking 4 the children u helped tourched.they never evan went 2 school because they would tell the story of abuse.its ok their safe now and its only a matter of time ....the REAL story will come out.WHAT WAS DONE IN THE DARK WILL COME 2 LIGHT !!!! HISTORY NEVER REMIAN UN TOLD AND UNHERD OF. STORIES NEVER GO UN-TOLD.
searching

Roy, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2009

Dear Survivor ...

I am looking for one of the children living with the Kinghorns.

We are a family that placed our child with them because we believed it was a good home, and so much better to help our child through the problems that we could not help with. We thought we were doing the right thing and CPS agreed, at that time, that it was a good placement.

But ... for the past three years we have doubted and begun to grow very concerned. Glenda no longer responds to our efforts to reach her. Mail we send to the address comes back as undeliverable.

We are so scared and worried. Can you please email me? Please.

searchingforsam@gmail.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Bayport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bayport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Bayport News, Events & Info