Two Guys From Harrison

Two Guys From Harrison

Posted in the Bayonne Forum

Jason Wendell Konopka

Jermyn, PA

#1 Dec 22, 2008
Even Though Two Guys From Harrison Was Before My Time. I Wish They Still Had That Store. I Think It's Better Than Stupid Kmart. I Heard Two Guys Were A Good Company. Herb And Sid Hubschman Knew
How To Sell It. The Only Thing They Wouldn't Have
Sold Is Video Games. If I Was Working There And You Asked Me Where The Video Games Are I'd Just
Laugh In Your Face And Say "We Don't Sell Video
Games." I Mean I Hate Video Games. That's One Thing They Didn't Sell And That's Great. I Wish They Had A Two Guys From Harrison Again.

Since: Dec 07

Belleville

#2 Dec 23, 2008
I miss channel lumber.
Jason Wendell Konopka

Jermyn, PA

#3 Jan 30, 2009
Jeff Nice wrote:
I miss channel lumber.
Yeah Channel Lumber Was A Good Store
Too. Wish They Had That Too. Hey It's Better
Than Stupid Kmart.
bernice jacksonville nc

Snow Hill, NC

#4 Feb 1, 2009
Hey'I miss Two guys,John bargain, Kliens. THEY were good places to go when you wanted something nice and no to expenisive
Jason Wendell Konopka

Jermyn, PA

#5 Feb 1, 2009
bernice jacksonville nc wrote:
Hey'I miss Two guys,John bargain, Kliens. THEY were good places to go when you wanted something nice and no to expenisive
Yes That's Right. I
Wish They'd Bring Back Two Guys Because They'd
Give You A Discount. Two Guys, John bargain, And
Kliens Were Great Because They Weren't Expensive.
They Were Doing Well Until Kmart Came Along And
Made Two Guys Close. Well Wal Mart Is Coming Along
With Wal Mart Super Center As If To Say "Well If
You Made Two Guys From Harrison Close. We'll Make
You Close Kmart." But Kmart Closed Two Guys. And
The Best Part Is Kmart's Gonna Close.
okbuilder

Plainview, NY

#6 Feb 2, 2009
I remember Kearny Pool, and a candy store across the library and a bar,and the Bright Spot Diner
good memories
Steven

West Palm Beach, FL

#7 Mar 3, 2009
Jason Wendell Konopka wrote:
Even Though Two Guys From Harrison Was Before My Time. I Wish They Still Had That Store. I Think It's Better Than Stupid Kmart. I Heard Two Guys Were A Good Company. Herb And Sid Hubschman Knew
Sold Is Video Games. If I Was Working There And You Asked Me Where The Video Games Are I'd Just
Games." I Mean I Hate Video Games. That's One Thing They Didn't Sell And That's Great. I Wish They Had A Two Guys From Harrison Again.
Your wrong you know about not selling video games at Two Guys!! I started there in 1976 right out of college and worked my way up to store manager before they went out of business. Right from the beginning we sold Coleco Telstar, Atari Pong and then later Telstar 2 and Super Pong. Also, had a few other odd names that didn't go over very well. But those were the days ... what a great place to work it was :)
George

AOL

#8 Mar 8, 2009
okbuilder wrote:
I remember Kearny Pool, and a candy store across the library and a bar,and the Bright Spot Diner
good memories
Anyone who remembers the greasy spoon, Bright Spot, is a real Kearny native. Kearny pool is now the Recycle Center and home of the DPW.
cool

Newark, NJ

#9 Apr 29, 2010
They were the original before Walmart!
STAN KURZAWA

AOL

#10 Jun 12, 2010
I WAS BORN IN HARRISON NJ IN 1940. I REMEMBER IT ALL! USED TO GO TO THE KEARNY POOL FOR YEARS. ALSO WENT TO THE BRIGHT SPOT ON KEARNY AVENUE. USED TO FISH IN WEST HUDSON PARK TOO. I COULD GO ON AND ON.
STAN
[email protected]
mulrenant

Maplewood, NJ

#11 Jul 18, 2010
Sid Hushman, one of the two guys from Harrison.
He lived on sixth street in a house built by Jacky Sheehan. I remember the merry-go-round which was where Marshals is now.
JoeF

Claremont, NH

#12 Feb 27, 2013
Well, during my college years, I worked for their main competitor - GREAT EASTERN! Both stores were on the "back highway" aka route 440 in Jersey City, NJ. Ironically, my spouse, we were 'just' dating then, worked at Two Guys. Thus, during every date, we would be comparing and contrasting the differences. Hence, their retail competition was the source of our competitive arguments!

Therefore, after being together 40+ yrs, I wish those were the only topic fights we would ever be having these days.:-D
Jason Wendell Konopka wrote:
shy kid

Eugene, OR

#13 Mar 1, 2013
Wasn't there one next to the Bradlees in Clifton? My friends and I used to bus/walk over from Nutley, I think there was an arcade in the mall too. We used to get Pizza in the joint next to it. Forget their name as well.
paul steberger

United States

#14 Nov 23, 2013
Does anyone have any pictures of thr bright spot or kearny ave from the early 60's late 50's. Thx. Graduated from KHS in 64

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bayonne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help an Aspiring Newark Native Author? 7 hr BillyDeCarlo 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr commenters 20,985
News Gay pastor fights censure by United Methodist C... Fri Rose_NoHo 171
Why dont East Indian/Asian guys date white women? (Feb '10) Apr 28 Windblownazureskies 109
News Some officials must be fired for not living in ... Apr 27 Linda matthias 1
News Lesbian Methodist bishop faces challenge to her... Apr 26 Rainbow Referee 2
News Hudson County Sheriff's officers help save resi... Apr 25 Jerseycityreeder 1

Bayonne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bayonne Mortgages