Student apprehended after firing a sh...

Student apprehended after firing a shot in the air

There are 5 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from Jan 12, 2011, titled Student apprehended after firing a shot in the air. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

Eighteen-year-old Guillermo Villa, a student at Cobre's Alternative High School, was apprehended this morning at about 11 a.m. after he left school and school officials later heard what they thought was a shot being fired.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

Wheres the honesty

Silver City, NM

#1 Jan 12, 2011
Why cant I read about the kid with the gun at school? Got to love the honesty in the news.# Student with a gun apprehended at Cobre…- Silver Cit… <the head line form yahoo's front page. opens a totally different article
what

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Jan 12, 2011
what goes up must some down .
Wow

Silver City, NM

#3 Jan 12, 2011
That is why I encouraged my kids to get their GED and dropping out of Grant County Schools, they a joke.
yourkidsarecount ingonyou

Santa Fe, NM

#4 Jan 13, 2011
By your grammar, you must have dropped out of school. As a parent, you should encourage your kids, and try to paint a positive image of your community. When adult influences in childrens lives always blame outside influences for their failures, that sets them up to be a victim the rest of their lives. It gives them an excuse to be "bad", because they can always blame somebody else for their behavior.
i.e.: "wahhh, our schools suck, so I ended up at the alternative school" or "My teacher is mean, she/he is always picking on me". Or, the one I like the best: "The cops are after me, they follow me around, and I don't do anything wrong".
Of course I have cleaned up the language and used proper english, but you get the idea.
Please parents, do your kids a favor and instill a sense of responsibility and pride in them. People who have had appropriate consequences for their actions, become much better able to handle set-backs in their lives, than those who's parents have made them feel like they are perfect and nothing they do is wrong, or on the other end of the spectrum, those who's parents give inappropriate consequences for the slightest infraction.
When you made the decision to become a parent, you took on a great responsibility, PLEASE don't shirk your duties. Your kids are counting on you!
Oh Oh

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jan 13, 2011
A young child was terrified because her school was in lock-down and realized she could'nt get in or out and was worried about her parents. What an experience for a little girl.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bayard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr Sam 72,041
Officers, Details added to Bascom Suit Dec 6 Bo Degn 1
Schadels bakery Nov 28 April Montano 1
The Making of "Ah Boys To Men 4" Nov 19 Boon Teng Goh 1
News Couple recounts wilderness ordeal (Sep '09) Nov 12 bullwinkle 24
News Bataan Legion prepares Veterans Day ceremony Nov '17 God bless America 1
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Oct '17 Tony 631

Bayard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bayard Mortgages