Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,025
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#70077 Mar 25, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>

That is incorrect. The Rabbis would oppose anyone claiming to be G-d or a path to G-d which violates the Second Commandment.

Additionally, anyone preaching anything other than the unity of G-d would be rejected.
Adam,

You've got the intelligence of a 5 year old kid.

You've understood nothing about nondualism.

Nondualism is not the absurd echad of dualistic thinking.

I'll reply later.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#70078 Mar 25, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam,
I'll reply later.
There you go again

Location hidden

#70079 Mar 25, 2014
Nondualism mean perfect identity of the whole universe with its source with the result that anyone attaining to this nondual state of consciousness discovers that there's no difference between his consciousness and the supreme state of consciousness - in short, in the nondual state, the individual consciousness unites perfectly with its source (supreme state of consciousness). In this nondual poise in consciousness, the individual is G-d and then all barriers between the consciousness of the individual and the supreme consciousness dissolve and there's only a unitary consciousness. There's no G-d and no individual person in this nondual experience. It's simply one supreme consciousness.

Location hidden

#70080 Mar 25, 2014
Moses is not fit to tie the shoelaces of Jesus and Jesus is not fit to tie the shoelaces of the Buddha.

Location hidden

#70081 Mar 25, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Except gays.

You, like Huggy, are homophobic and don't support equal rights.

The right to adopt and raise children for example.

You hold antiquated positions on many issues.

You're a knuckle dragger. And a latent homo. Or active. I don't care.
Hi ex-nurse/property salesman.

Ooof, what a menial worker this brainless fool is.

LOL.

Location hidden

#70082 Mar 25, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

There you go again
Hi Fanatical Papa,

Preserve the little intelligence that you have.

I'm going out to the 4 Seasons to chill.

Don't worry your loved one, Hugh, will soon come online.

I know both of you can't live without each other.

(winks)

Bye.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#70083 Mar 25, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam,
I'll reply later.
Nothing in your port indicates you have the intelligence of anything above a 1 year old.

Either respond or continue being childish.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#70084 Mar 25, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Moses is not fit to tie the shoelaces of Jesus and Jesus is not fit to tie the shoelaces of the Buddha.
I doubt Buddha or Jesus had shoelaces
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70085 Mar 25, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look at Crimean history, there were population transfers (Tartars out, Russians in). Not that dissimilar to the history of the West Bank (Arabs out, Jews in)- except in terms of time scale (Over a longer time scale: Jews out, Arabs in, Jews in, Arabs out).
Was that a no?

I've read 58% of Crimeans consider themselves Russian and are very happy to be annexed.
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding the West bank, I am not sure a 2 state solution is even viable. Most Jews/Israelis at this point are weary at the intransigence of the Palestinians to even recognize Israel proper as a Jewish state, and understand that no peace can come under those circumstance. So the status quo politically would be to continue settling the West Bank. The pundits on the other hand, tend to be ungrounded.
I always say that about those who don't agree with me!

I don't know much about any of this.

/67 borders with land swaps sounds good -
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70086 Mar 25, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi ex-nurse/property salesman.
Ooof, what a menial worker this brainless fool is.
LOL.
Donald Trump is a property salesman.

I wouldn't mind owning a private jet.

Sorry you are a self-loathing gay person.

That means you will never experience the joy of marching in a gay rights parade where you can strut your stuff and show off your designer clothes and natural good looks.

Location hidden

#70087 Mar 25, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that a no?
I've read 58% of Crimeans consider themselves Russian and are very happy to be annexed.
<quoted text>
I always say that about those who don't agree with me!
I think the WB is something like 20% Jewish, and 80% Arab. But like I said, this is a snapshot in time. Would Crimea be 58% Russian in 1942? Sure, its 58% Russian NOW, but that is just because they got rid their Tatars over the years. Why does Carter give a free pass to Russia but not to Israel?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_Tatar_di...
"....The Crimean Tatar diaspora dates back to the annexation of Crimea by Russia in 1783, after which Crimean Tatars emigrated in a series of waves spanning the period from 1783 to 1917. The diaspora was largely the result of the destruction of their social and economic life as a consequence of integration into the Russian Empire.

The Soviet Union brought about the final dispersal of Crimean Tatars in 1944, in the midst of the World War II, when it deported all Tatars remaining in the Crimea to Central Asia. This population is considered an exiled community rather than a diaspora..."

Location hidden

#70088 Mar 25, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Arab League summit opens with row over Palestinian support

Summit draft resolution 'categorically' refuses to recognize Israel as Jewish state, rejects all pressure on Palestinian leadership' to accept demand.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-450...

Location hidden

#70089 Mar 25, 2014
http://www.salon.com/2014/03/25/calling_the_c...

Atheists have their number: How the Christian right is hastening religion’s decline

Research suggests Americans raised in Christian households are increasingly shunning the faith of their parents
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70090 Mar 25, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the WB is something like 20% Jewish, and 80% Arab. But like I said, this is a snapshot in time. Would Crimea be 58% Russian in 1942? Sure, its 58% Russian NOW, but that is just because they got rid their Tatars over the years. Why does Carter give a free pass to Russia but not to Israel?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_Tatar_di...
"....The Crimean Tatar diaspora dates back to the annexation of Crimea by Russia in 1783, after which Crimean Tatars emigrated in a series of waves spanning the period from 1783 to 1917. The diaspora was largely the result of the destruction of their social and economic life as a consequence of integration into the Russian Empire.
The Soviet Union brought about the final dispersal of Crimean Tatars in 1944, in the midst of the World War II, when it deported all Tatars remaining in the Crimea to Central Asia. This population is considered an exiled community rather than a diaspora..."
Doesn't look like a comparable situation.

They would vote to be annexed; the WB would not. So it's mutual. We aren't talking about 1942, we're talking now

If you really want to go back to 1942 - guess what that means for Israel itself?

Truman admitted his recognition was mostly political for his future re-election.

Russia is landlocked 2/3 of the year. They want that warm water port. Who's going to say they can't have it?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70091 Mar 25, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Arab League summit opens with row over Palestinian support
Summit draft resolution 'categorically' refuses to recognize Israel as Jewish state, rejects all pressure on Palestinian leadership' to accept demand.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-450...
Marshall predicted war if Truman recognized and I think it happened the next day.

Don't know the answer or the solution. Not sure if anyone does.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70092 Mar 25, 2014
The first major action was the joint intervention, allegedly on behalf of the majority Arab population that was being uprooted as the State of Israel emerged in 1948 (and in response to popular outcry in the Arab world), although in fact a main participant in this intervention, Transjordan, had agreed with the Israelis to divide up the Arab Palestinian state proposed by the UN General Assembly...

At the Beirut Summit on 28 March 2002, the league adopted the Arab Peace Initiative,[24] a Saudi-inspired peace plan for the Arab–Israeli conflict. The initiative offered full normalization of the relations with Israel. In exchange, Israel was required to withdraw from all occupied territories, including the Golan Heights, to recognize Palestinian independence in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, with East Jerusalem as its capital, as well as a "just solution" for the Palestinian refugees. The Peace Initiative was again endorsed at 2007 in the Riyadh Summit. In July 2007, the Arab League sent a mission, consisting of the Jordanian and Egyptian foreign ministers, to Israel to promote the initiative

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_League#Fore...

Location hidden

#70093 Mar 25, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>

I doubt Buddha or Jesus had shoelaces
The meaning is clear.

Well, put in another way, Moses is unfit to sit at the feet of Jesus and Jesus is unfit to sit at the feet of the Buddha.

Location hidden

#70094 Mar 25, 2014
It's too noisy in here. I am enjoying myself.

Location hidden

#70095 Mar 25, 2014
ATHEISM WILL FAIL IN THE LONGER RUN

Atheism is on the rise, in particular in the West, since it's very easy to show that it's illogical to believe in an extra-cosmic Judeo-Christian deity (HaShem) who creates from nothing and who in spite of not having a causal link with his cosmos yet somehow manages to rule over it.

Besides, the G-d of the Bible is a cruel tyrant and this fact that's printed in bold in the Bible is what puts off many more people and so for all these reasons atheism is growing at a high rate.

However, at the same time, atheism is bound to fail in the longer run since atheism hasn't a clue regarding the nature/basis of consciousness, the origin of the universe, the question of the fine tuning of the universe, the emergence of sentience in matter, the appearance of sentient creatures, the total incomprehension of the phenomenon of death, the inability to explain verifiable past life memories, the inability to create sentience from scratch, the inability to revive a clinically dead brain, the incapacity to isolate (or transfer or transplant or store or quantify) consciousness and the failure to resurrect a corpse among other unanswered queries of fundamental importance.

Location hidden

#70096 Mar 25, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't look like a comparable situation.
They would vote to be annexed; the WB would not. So it's mutual. We aren't talking about 1942, we're talking now
If you really want to go back to 1942 - guess what that means for Israel itself?
Truman admitted his recognition was mostly political for his future re-election.
Russia is landlocked 2/3 of the year. They want that warm water port. Who's going to say they can't have it?
You cant compare both nations in terms of the same year, but rather in the terms of the same stage of development.

Israel needs the West Bank to buffer against attack on its thin coastal strip. So there is geocontext as well.

Anyway, the point I am making isnt about Israel, or about Crimea (I surely understand its importance to Russia), its about Carter's hypocrisy. i.e. that he is willing to reward one nation for successfully cleansing and then aggrandizing, but then condemn another for basically doing the same thing (but in an earlier stage of development). The more prudent thing to do, given his public record, on his level, would be to withhold comment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bayard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Bayard Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bayard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bayard News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bayard

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM