Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72043 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#69547 Mar 16, 2014
former res wrote:

<quoted text>

On the way to Hong Kong I sat next to a non-meat-eating Indian on the plane. He explained to me how he could not eat cows because they are sacred and also helped them historically to work the land and they were almost like dogs are to Americans, part of the family.

Different strokes for different folks.
The taboo against beef eating among the Hindus is superstition.

In the Vedas, the Sanskrit word "gau" has more than 30 contextual meanings most which deal with lofty states of consciousness.

However, the ignorant Hindu masses infer the word 'gau" to mean a cow, the animal. But, at the same time, in the Vedas, as far my knowledge goes, certain seers like Manu have warned against killing of cows for reasons pertaining to its supposed benevolence and due to its so-called spiritual qualities in the animal kingdom.

If a person eats meat, then he should go the whole hog and eat any thing that walks on fours.

Meat is simply a source of proteins among other nutrients.

I am against cruelty to animals.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#69548 Mar 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Atheism itself has no morals. It is simply the absence of religious belief/faith.
All that is trivia.

Every ism is based on a certain set of values like for instance atheism stands for negation of god for want of evidence but at the same time it espouses the same old religious values of doing good, respect for parents, nonstealing, etc.

Every atheist that I have met has a moral code that he/she carries with him/her.

Our parents taught us morals but our parents who could have been believers received these morals from religion and if they happened to be atheists then they learned about morals from their parents who got these morals from religion and so on.

The higher morals usually originate in religion especially from Buddhism and Jainism.

Can you show me any ancient society dating back millennia whose moral code has not been derived either directly or indirectly from religion?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#69549 Mar 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

I am not religious but I do follow the Golden Rule. IMO any decent person would.
Morals are a mode of conflict resolution and/or of self-preservation at the primitive level of society but the higher morals invariably originated in the minds/practices of the sages of old and the sages of old were either philosophers or mystic-philosophers especially the latter.
Buddhism/Jainism have by far the sublimest moral code.

Nothing can beat their moral teachings.

I can scarcely believe that sages like the Buddha or Mahavira walked the face of the earth.

I bow to such great human beings for the sublime moral teachings they gave to the masses and for the loftiness of character they displayed.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#69550 Mar 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Please explain this statement:

"Many atheists advocate sex between siblings with a condom, next they may advocate sex between son-mother, father-daughter."

Who and where are these people?

Please provide links/sources to support your claims.
Lawrence Krauss said it.

Google and see the vid in which he actually said it much to the shock of many in the audience.

BTW, since atheism discards the supernatural for lack of evidence and goes by natural explanations offered by science, tell me, which scientific laws can tell us whether siblings should have/should not have sex or whether it is OK for a mother to have sex with her son or whether it is fine for a dad to screw his daughter?

Can you point out the scientific laws that teach for/against sex in the aforementioned context?

I want to know the scientific evidence supporting/disfavoring incestuous sex since we atheists always go by the hard evidence, right?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#69551 Mar 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Thank you and I hope we can still be friends after I have pointed out your blatant idiocy on this subject.

Kisses.
Of course, we're pals.

You're so loving and kind.

Take care.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#69552 Mar 16, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

I want your life.

BBC and juice.

I think I want to BE you!

:)))
You won't be able to endure the mind-body suffering for known reasons if you step into my shoes....

Anyway, stay safe and don't ever venture anywhere close to any genuine occultist for then if he targets you with his energetics (mantras) you'll soon forget all about atheism and ruin into a church praying to Jeebus to save you (which of course won't work) or the best bet for you would be to seek refuge at the feet of the occultist begging for mercy.

I am dead serious.

Take care.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#69553 Mar 16, 2014
typo

run (not ruin)

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#69554 Mar 16, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. If it's open to Xtians, should be open to everyone else as well. Don't know why Xtians should get special treatment, and am shocked to learn that Rick would support Xtian privilege.
I doubt he consciously supports extra priviledge. I think more likely he doesnt realize the implications, somewhat because he is not fully immersed in our culture.

Location hidden

#69555 Mar 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>

The Cambridge educated Camelia...
Shades of your internalized Colonialism here...

Location hidden

#69556 Mar 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
All that is trivia.
Every ism is based on a certain set of values like for instance atheism stands for negation of god for want of evidence but at the same time it espouses the same old religious values of doing good, respect for parents, nonstealing, etc.
Every atheist that I have met has a moral code that he/she carries with him/her.
Our parents taught us morals but our parents who could have been believers received these morals from religion and if they happened to be atheists then they learned about morals from their parents who got these morals from religion and so on.
The higher morals usually originate in religion especially from Buddhism and Jainism.
Can you show me any ancient society dating back millennia whose moral code has not been derived either directly or indirectly from religion?
So you have argued that morals dont come from atheism, per se.

Thats all FR and I were trying to say

Atheism is not an ethical or philosophical SYSTEM, it is simply a philosophical belief.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#69557 Mar 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Before money came into existence, humans fought over essential commodities, cattle, land, etc.
This proves you were wrong since you said money is the roots of all evil, which was/is one of my points.
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>Money means purchasing power.
Yes if you go by ordinary definition... but money means different things to different people.
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text> In the past goods/services came to be acquired via barter or loot.
With these material assets now being exchanged for money (that is ever since money has replaced barter as the form of selling/buying of goods and services) thus money has become the root of all evil.
It misses, or rather you don't know the causal link of how the material assests being exchanged for money, has become the root of all evil?
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>Understand?
I understood that you don't know what you are talking about. I have the sensation that when you are caught in error instead of admit you're wrong, you just try to cover all up with a messy post that doesn't clarify your position.

Location hidden

#69558 Mar 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>

I want to know the scientific evidence supporting/disfavoring incestuous sex since we atheists always go by the hard evidence, right?
Atheism is not a system, it is a single belief.

You should know, as you just declared yourself an atheist.

Why are you pretending to be an idiot?

Location hidden

#69559 Mar 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not the same as the authentic fare served in India.
Of course not. In the west. we don't always have the privilege of dining with Hepatitus C, or any of the the more entertaining GI microbes.

All of which undoubtedly add to the flavor.

Location hidden

#69560 Mar 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
What rubbish.
Disease are not prized by any sane human being and besides most diseases have a cure or the symptoms can be supposed through medication or in the worst of cases we learn to live with it out of compulsion and always hope a disease will leave us.
Famines bring in destruction and so no one cherishes a famine.
So, diseases and famines bring no pleasure, no prosperity no comfort, no sense of satiety.
Whereas, money which is equivalent to purchasing power (of the bare necessities or of luxuries) is universally coveted and most people adopt unethical means to acquire and to preserve and to multiply it.
Disease and caresty are two things that make people suffer. In general, suffering and in particular those kind of are considered evil.
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone wants to be wealthy and to have the best things in life that money can buy.
No one wants to get rid of money unlike a disease or a famine which everyone wants to eliminate at the earliest.
Not everyone wants to be wealthy. If you have a tv or you can afford if you would watch from time to time that certain people who had a well paid job, quit it to go to live in a forest or some isolated place. They live with what the nature gives them. In the past too there were examples of people who wanted to get rid of money, like Buddha or Saint Francis, etc.
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>Understand, now?
There was nothing to understand.

Location hidden

#69561 Mar 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in many instances, atheism has made people immoral, cruel and harsh.
How?
It was cruel, UNSYMPATHETIC and immoral.
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>Many atheists advocate sex between siblings with a condom, next they may advocate sex between son-mother, father-daughter.
Many atheists who? Recently you have written of one person says like that. This doesn't make that many atheist advocate that nor you have explained how atheism turns people into immoral, cruel and unsympatheitic.
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>The religious man is deluded by mumbo jumbo of faith but in all religions there are strong commands to do be moral and to do good.
In part that this true, but irrelevant to the main question I made in my previous post.
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>See, an ordinary religious man can be intrinsically evil but in most cases, under normal circumstances, he's most likely to forgive, give much of his earnings to the poor or to bear ill-will simply because a god would want him to behave in this benign manner. On the other hand,. many atheists have nothing to restrain them like say belief in a supernatural power to keep their behavior or their morals in check.
Yes, in fact we see everyday ordinary men give much of their earnings to poor...

Are you a terrestrial?
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>This is my observation on many occasions.
Atheism draws much of its morals from Buddhism and Jainism and from the benign facets of Semitic faiths.
Ignorant fool, any person who lack of belief in a god may call themself atheist. Each atheist acts according to what they think is "right" or "wrong", "good" or "evil". Some Atheists may be influenced by society, other by religion(s) other by their intellect and/or experience to follow moral codes, if they want to, and decide what moral code follow and what to reject...

Besides, one can open a topic about moral, but I don't want to confuse your mind any further.

Location hidden

#69562 Mar 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
Even with Hugh who he often debates, he has not a single sympathetic word or a word of warmth or an inquiry about family.
He doesn't have to. I think is better his behaviour than one person here that on one hand say nice things to posters or inquire about family but on the other hand insult heavily those posters and sometimes going into personal.
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>Besides, COR has this dictatorial tendency and childish habit that's common to men of low intelligence and of bad breeding to blacklist a poster like in the manner he often does to Hugh and on top of that the brainless bastard also advises his stupid friends here to boycott Hugh. I have objected to this crude behavior in the past.
Call him brainless bastard confirms my point. You have something personal against him. Useless, using Hugh as an excuse

Location hidden

#69563 Mar 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
No, good and evil are dual aspects of moral behavior that's ingrained in human personality.
Morality cannot be subtracted from human personality. It's a permanent feature.
Heredity, upbringing, education, environmental influences and lifestyle habits bring out these dual aspects - good and evil - in lesser or in greater measure in a person.
You don't even know the suject you are talking about. Keep yourself silent was e better answer at this point.

Location hidden

#69564 Mar 16, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, to an extent but in many ways no.
For example, betrayal, rape or falsely implicating an innocent person are absolute wrongs.
They are all subjective. Also, there is no such a thing like absolute wrong or absolute right.
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>Further, a moral person would rather starve than murder someone to fill his stomach, a moral female would rather die than get raped, a moral mother would rather save her kid than herself, a moral leader would rather step down from power than ruin his nation, a moral student would rather fail an exam than cheat and so on.
These are some examples of absolute morality in life.
What I see is what Joel thinks how a moral person should act. Your argument is subjective which is what I said and involuntarily you gave me right. There is no such a thing like absolute morality and absolute immorality.

Location hidden

#69565 Mar 16, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is not a system, it is a single belief.
You should know, as you just declared yourself an atheist.
Why are you pretending to be an idiot?
A self claimed atheist that doesn't know what atheism is, is not credible. He wasn't credible neither when he claimed to be a yogi or that has some "supranatural powers".

The real question is why this lunatic idiot is always wearing someone else's skin?

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#69567 Mar 16, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Disease and caresty are two things that make people suffer. In general, suffering and in particular those kind of are considered evil.
<quoted text>
Not everyone wants to be wealthy. If you have a tv or you can afford if you would watch from time to time that certain people who had a well paid job, quit it to go to live in a forest or some isolated place. They live with what the nature gives them. In the past too there were examples of people who wanted to get rid of money, like Buddha or Saint Francis, etc.
<quoted text>
There was nothing to understand.
rabbee: all diseases, try to describe themselves as good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bayard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deming MainStreet puts focus on economic develo... (Jan '10) Nov 15 Jackie 53
News Reward offered in rash of burglaries (Sep '09) Nov 15 nairy 41
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep '16 Tony 627
News Santa Clara mayor Imelda Lopez resigns (Jul '09) Sep '16 Youwishusetobethere 4
News Southwest Print Fiesta will be held on Labor Da... Aug '16 just asking 1
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... (Jun '15) Aug '16 save the water 5
Please VOTE 2016..Democrats! (Nov '15) Nov '15 Don Don 1

Bayard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bayard Mortgages