Crash results in vehicular homicide charge for Silver City man (4:13 a.m.)

Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

A Silver City man has been charged with vehicular homicide and aggravated DUI, for a repeated offense, a fourth degree felony, after allegedly driving drunk Sunday evening and plowing into a Santa Clara man who was on his motorcycle, and killing him.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
LC Today

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Judged:

This is a really good example of what is wrong with the DUI situations in NM. This guy should have been cooling his heels in a jail cell, but since some bleeding heart
judge decided he was a misunderstood, nice guy, he suffered no punishment for his previous two DUI's. The result was another innocent person killed by a worthless drunk.

The family of the victim needs to file a major lawsuit beginning with Dickson and ending with the judge that has continually allowed him off.

Since: Jul 10

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

The judge who allowed this jackass to be driving in the first place ought to be charged as an accessory in Robert Rowland's murder if you ask me.

Since: Jul 10

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

To add: I will never understand why these guys have to KILL somebody before the judges will do something about them. One DUI should result in loss of driving privileges for life, and a second should result in hefty jail time. This guy should NEVER have been on the road in the first place.
News2Me

Silver City, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Just goes to show that these stupid rehab programs don't work worth beans! If this guy had been put away this poor man on his bike would still be alive today! Everyone who let this man go twice before should be removed from duty and charged with accessory...I can't believe this! If we don't have enough facilities to house these creeps then build some MORE! Create jobs for people and take these creeps off the road and put them behind BARS! Unbelievable! Getting so you can't wipe your butt safely anymore for one reason or another! Honestly!
News2Me

Silver City, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

I hadn't even heard about this incident. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones. Another one taken before his time due to ignorance and stupidity. You think you have a Lexus so that gives you the right to drive around drunk all the time...Poor family!
Carmen

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

I am curouis to see what sort of sentence this guy gets...... My sincere condolences to the victim's family. Oh how I hate drunks that drive.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Bayard Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bayard Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••