Brentwood man killed crossing street

Full story: Newsday

A Brentwood man crossing the street in Bay Shore was struck and killed by a motorist Saturday, Suffolk police said.
Comments
61 - 71 of 71 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
dexter

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2009

my condolences to your family.....bet you that heartless jerk is also green cardless.....let him rot in jail and if he every gets out...send him back we he belongs......accountabilty..ho pefully he will stand up and apologize to your family...but dont count on it.....
WALTER FOREVER

Merrick, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

dexter wrote:
my condolences to your family.....bet you that heartless jerk is also green cardless.....let him rot in jail and if he every gets out...send him back we he belongs......accountabilty..ho pefully he will stand up and apologize to your family...but dont count on it.....
The police called it an accident even though it was his fault. They did not even do a toxicology report of this killer. I think he should have been charged with involuntary man slaughter. Maybe I will get my apology in COURT.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

WALTER FOREVER wrote:
Peace be with your family. My prayers are with all of you. My husband was killed on May 5 by Carlos Gomez of Brentwood and he never apologized. Carlos pulled out of a shopping center without looking and killed my angel at the age of 41..My husband was riding his motorcycle to a class. He was 2 minutes away from his destination, 45 minutes from our home. He left behind 2 daughters 10 and 14 and a large family. My life was DESTROYED by this heartless jerk who was careless.
Some killers never own up to their guilt and blame their victims.
My prayers are with you...
Natalie

Sound Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

I have no remorse for tara. Who cares if she has to live with it. She deserves to live with it. She killed my grandfather 5 years ago and changed my entire families life due to her stupidity of not paying attention to the road. I hope she rots in hell she didnt even have the decency to apologize to my family. I dont believe she is sorry.
Natalie

Sound Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Mike wrote:
At the risk of reopening old wounds..
I happen to know Tara, and I can tell you that she felt/feels awful about what happened. She is not the callous person people are assuming. Most of you don't even know her, but she is not like that. Try not to assume she is a certain type of person, based only on your anger.
I wouldn't expect anyone to put this up on their Myspace site. It's difficult enough to have to live with as it is, and something she has difficulty talking about even with her friends.
I am saddened for Mr. Parisi's and his family, but it was an accident.
Unfortunately this is something Mr. Parisi's family, and Tara, will have to live with for the rest of their lives, and my prayers go out to everyone involved.
Sincerely;
Mike
How can i get ahold of her? I want to know what happened to my grandpa
JOHNNY

Brentwood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

THIS WAS NOT ON A HIGHWAY OR MAIN ROAD.... THE OLD MAN WAS CROSSING THE STREET, THERE WAS A LINE OF CARS PARKED ALONG THE CURB, ON THE ROAD, BY THE APARTMENT BUILDINGS..... SHE WAS DRIVING BELOW THE POSTED SPEED LIMIT TO GO TO SAXON AVE.... THE OLD MAN POPPED OUT INTO THE STREET AND GOT HIT.... SIMPLE AS THAT IT WAS A TRAGIC ACCIDENT.... TALK ABOUT TARA BEING SUED.... PUT YOURSELF IN HER SHOES.... COULD OF EASILY BEEN ANYONE BEHIND THAT WHEEL..... NOT LIKE SHE WAS HAULING ASS DOWN THE ROAD BRO.... RELAX
sue

Shoreham, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

JOHNNY wrote:
THIS WAS NOT ON A HIGHWAY OR MAIN ROAD.... THE OLD MAN WAS CROSSING THE STREET, THERE WAS A LINE OF CARS PARKED ALONG THE CURB, ON THE ROAD, BY THE APARTMENT BUILDINGS..... SHE WAS DRIVING BELOW THE POSTED SPEED LIMIT TO GO TO SAXON AVE.... THE OLD MAN POPPED OUT INTO THE STREET AND GOT HIT.... SIMPLE AS THAT IT WAS A TRAGIC ACCIDENT.... TALK ABOUT TARA BEING SUED.... PUT YOURSELF IN HER SHOES.... COULD OF EASILY BEEN ANYONE BEHIND THAT WHEEL..... NOT LIKE SHE WAS HAULING ASS DOWN THE ROAD BRO.... RELAX
Relax? Would you feel relaxed if someone killed your father who was crossing the street. My father had a driving school for fifty years in Brentwood. He was a very cautious person and he taught Driver Safety classes. Yes, she didn't mean to kill him but she had to be at the very least a careless driver because if you are driving in a development, the speed can't be more than 15 to 20 MPH. If you are looking at the road, you would see what is in front of you. My father would have never POPPED into the street. Relax, not appropriate.
sue

Shoreham, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Relax? Would you feel relaxed if your father was rundown in the street? My father had a driving school for fifty years in Brentwood. He was a very cautious person and he taught Driver Safety classes. Yes, she didn't mean to kill him but she had to be and the very least a careless driver because if you are driving in a development, the speed can't be more than 15 or 20 miles per hour. If you are looking at the road, you would see what is in front of you. My father would have never POPPED into the street. As a matter of fact, I think he saw her coming but couldn't do anything about it. He must have started to cross the street she came around the bend and was maybe looking at her phone. We don't know. She said that she looked down to put her windshield wipers on. You don't have to look down to put your windshield wipers on. Relax? Not appropriate. By the way Tara obviously told you this story and she abviously hasn't taken responsiblity. And yes, we would have appreciated a sympathy card from her and her family..
sue

Shoreham, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Maybe Tara should have gone around giving talks at schools about this accident and how people could avoid this type of tragedy from happening again. DONT TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE ROAD. Little kids may POP into the street but not and elderly man. This happened two weeks before my daughters wedding and instead of wearing his new suit to her wedding. her wore his new suit at his funeral.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

I am so sorry Sur. God be with you!
Sue

Shoreham, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

I Hate Syracuse wrote:
I am so sorry Sur. God be with you!
Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bay Shore Discussions

Search the Bay Shore Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Island near Buffalo overrun by hundreds of cats 1 hr Cat got your tongue 3
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr gianni cartooni 115,654
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Lumpy Churchhill 6,372
Review: Normandy Garden Apartments (Sep '08) 10 hr Billy Jonesa 18
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 10 hr Bruser 2,263
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Tue Gravity Pete 670
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 28 cornholio 437
•••
•••

Bay Shore News Video

•••
•••

Bay Shore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bay Shore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE