Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2009

Judged:

I saw Dr. Bernard for an infection in my gum above a tooth that a root canal was performed on years ago. Upon my consultation I was told there was a good chance the tooth would need to be extracted but he couldn't be sure until my oral surgery was underway. As my insurance did not cover a good portion of the procedure I asked for an estimate on the procedure cost if my tooth could be saved as well as the cost if the tooth needed to be extracted so I would know what I needed to pay out of pocket. I was given estimates for both scenarios. In the event of an extraction there were two choices for tooth replacement, one of which was a post implant. Prior to my surgery with Dr. Bernard I had spoken with my primary dentist who determined I was not a good candidate for the post due to the placement of my sinus. As it turns out Dr. Bernard did extract the tooth and then performed an additional procedure that was necessary to prepare the site for a post implant. I was not informed of this procedure during my consultation, nor was this included in my estimate. Had Dr. Bernard or one of his staff inform me this would be done I would have opted not have authorized the additional procedure since I had already determined I would not be having a post implanted. As I woke up from my anesthesia one of his assistants causally mentioned that they added a membrane to the extraction site (which was the additional procedure)and that it would be an extra $300 that I would be responsible for. In short, Dr. Bernard took it upon himself to perform an additional UNNECESSARY procedure without any knowledge on my part that I am now responsible to pay for on top of the cost of my surgery. I would not recommend Dr. Bernard to anyone!
Althea J

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

Stephanie wrote:
I saw Dr. Bernard for an infection in my gum above a tooth that a root canal was performed on years ago. Upon my consultation I was told there was a good chance the tooth would need to be extracted but he couldn't be sure until my oral surgery was underway. As my insurance did not cover a good portion of the procedure I asked for an estimate on the procedure cost if my tooth could be saved as well as the cost if the tooth needed to be extracted so I would know what I needed to pay out of pocket. I was given estimates for both scenarios. In the event of an extraction there were two choices for tooth replacement, one of which was a post implant. Prior to my surgery with Dr. Bernard I had spoken with my primary dentist who determined I was not a good candidate for the post due to the placement of my sinus. As it turns out Dr. Bernard did extract the tooth and then performed an additional procedure that was necessary to prepare the site for a post implant. I was not informed of this procedure during my consultation, nor was this included in my estimate. Had Dr. Bernard or one of his staff inform me this would be done I would have opted not have authorized the additional procedure since I had already determined I would not be having a post implanted. As I woke up from my anesthesia one of his assistants causally mentioned that they added a membrane to the extraction site (which was the additional procedure)and that it would be an extra $300 that I would be responsible for. In short, Dr. Bernard took it upon himself to perform an additional UNNECESSARY procedure without any knowledge on my part that I am now responsible to pay for on top of the cost of my surgery. I would not recommend Dr. Bernard to anyone!
HERE IS MY STORY *****

CONTINUE YOUR SEARCH AND DO NOT USE THEM
Stay away from this office!!!. I called this dental office to confirm that they accept my insurance plan. They took all of my information and called me back within the hour to say that they verified my insurance plan and the extraction would be covered under my plan. However, if I needed to be put to sleep the cost would be $250 dollars at my expense. I choose to have my wisdom tooth pulled and endure the pain to save $250.00 under local novocaine.(These are difficult times with the recession.) It took them over an hour to extract because the root was so big.
After that traumatic experience a month later I receive a bill in the mail. I called the office and spoke to that lackey office manager because she was the person I originally spoke to about the insurance verification. She then turned around and told me that she did not write the contact person's information down and I was stuck with a $326.00 bill. Basically I was out of luck. Apparently they are not a participating provider and basically, they freaking lied to get my money. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE, THERE BUSINESS PRACTICE IS UN-ETHICAL.
Althea J

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

Stay away from this office!!!. I called this dental office to confirm that they accept my insurance plan. They took all of my information and called me back within the hour to say that they verified my insurance plan and the extraction would be covered under my plan. However, if I needed to be put to sleep the cost would be $250 dollars at my expense. I choose to have my wisdom tooth pulled and endure the pain to save $250.00 under local novocaine.(These are difficult times with the recession.) It took them over an hour to extract because the root was so big.

After that traumatic experience a month later I receive a bill in the mail. I called the office and spoke to that lackey office manager because she was the person I originally spoke to about the insurance verification. She then turned around and told me that she did not write the contact person's information down and I was stuck with a $326.00 bill. Basically I was out of luck. Apparently they are not a participating provider and basically, they freaking lied to get my money. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE, THERE BUSINESS PRACTICE IS UN-ETHICAL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bay Shore Discussions

Search the Bay Shore Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 21 min krackerjacks 115,292
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 25 min Sean Hannitys Hair 6,365
Review: Secrets Secrets (Jul '13) 3 hr incognito 16
Motocross, extreme sports at Ronkonkoma's Club MX (Aug '07) 12 hr NITECRAWLER NYCQ 13
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 13 hr General Robert E Lee 6,361
Cops:Dylan Vitti Goes on Patchogue Crime Spree 18 hr zakk m 2
Venice luster returning to Babylon (Feb '07) 23 hr Lindy Lori 29
•••
•••

Bay Shore News Video

•••
•••

Bay Shore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••