Biggest Police and Fire Stories of th...

Biggest Police and Fire Stories of the Year

There are 1 comment on the Patch.com story from Dec 26, 2011, titled Biggest Police and Fire Stories of the Year. In it, Patch.com reports that:

NYPD Officer, Smithtown ResidentA Patrick Luca DiesA Kayaking in August in Nissequogue River Divers searched the Long Island Sound for Smithtown resident and NYPD officer Patrick Luca after boaters discovered a 5-year-old boy drifting along the shores of Kings Park Bluff.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Fire Story

Hempstead, NY

#1 Dec 29, 2011
I say the biggest Fire story on Long island is how the LI Volunteers get away with Drill race Teams, buying sports tickets on tax payers dime, going to Caribbean islands for training and seminars, have Bars, professional kitchens with Viking and sub zero appliances,numbers fire trucks that are over the top just like the large lavish and plush fire houses.

My honest opinion - these Volunteers get so many perks like 30% reduction in property taxes, large lucrative Pensions and retirements, Free college, Free college credit, Free Insurance, Free vacations on tax dime, use of free catering halls not available for public use in most fire houses even though public tax dollars paid for them, the drill teams are a whole another issue and problem why, how and they are useless.

No accountability, public has no say, and they have large budgets that are blown on things not needed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bay Shore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 3 hr Bruser 2,759
News SCPD Video: Suspect Made Off With $2300 in iPho... 3 hr Kingriker 1
Ronkonkomo Sep 14 SmokinJoe 1
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Sep 13 Jewel_and_Kaymac k 1,483
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) Sep 12 bulldog lover 101
News Many oldies acts are 'great pretenders' - (Aug '07) Sep 11 Kissr 30
Murder 1995 - 1996 (Mar '07) Sep 6 PrettyFlyForAWiFi 45

Bay Shore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bay Shore Mortgages