Drug Task Force on fire in Hancock Co...

Drug Task Force on fire in Hancock County!

Posted in the Bay St. Louis Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fed Up

Gulfport, MS

#1 Jul 26, 2011
Oh, wait, I was confused. Psych! I feel sure if they were raiding and busting the largest concentration of meth labs, dealers and users in South Mississippi the Echo would have told us!
Thank God for all of the foster parents! There aren't enough of you and you are overwhelmed. We can only pray that help is coming!
no I

Gulfport, MS

#2 Jul 27, 2011
I thinkn someone in the sheriff office worried bout his job makin himself look impotent. oops
HelpUs

Gulfport, MS

#3 Jul 29, 2011
I didn't even know there was a drug task force. I don't ever remember seeing anything about them in the paper! Who runs it?
Youdontknow

Valdosta, GA

#4 Jul 30, 2011
HelpUs wrote:
I didn't even know there was a drug task force. I don't ever remember seeing anything about them in the paper! Who runs it?
The Narcs at Hancock Sheriff's Office handled several complaints from Waveland Citizens. Wake up.
HelpUs

Biloxi, MS

#5 Jul 30, 2011
Read your own words: they "handled several complaints". The purpose of the "Narcs" and the Task Force is to be proactive - not wait for a complaint! In the 80's and 90's the Task Force was proactive. They would spend months working on numerous cases at once and then before 5 a.m. on one unsuspecting morning they would make dozens of surprise arrests. There were out there. They were visible and invisible and the drug community feared them. Now, there is no fear. You have no clue what I know and what I don't know, so please give your opinion about the issue, but try to keep the conversation on point. Debate is healthy, arguing is a waste of time.
NotAllTheirFault

Bartlesville, OK

#6 Aug 1, 2011
The county narcs do their job in the county, bay and waveland. I too know about how the task force used to be and how it is now. Then you could give a person off the street 25 bucks to buy some rock from multiple dealers that would run up to the car with the crack in open view. Now the curb side service days are over, the hanging out in public places are over and now the d.a. office does not want use of any c/i just undercover officers.
And in the 80s and 90s how many north end busts or meth lab busts were there? Since 2000 there have been literally hundreds a year either being active or dump sites.
Even Harrison county's round ups are not as large as they used to be this last one was for 9 or 10 warrants if i read correctly.
Yes there needs to be more local drug interdiction at the S.O. but it does not need to come just from the narc division. I think they need a street crimes unit and more proactive patrolmen.

Just my 2cp.
Seriously

Urbandale, IA

#7 Aug 2, 2011
Do y'all even care if the family's of these people read this or are y'all just that stupid?!
Concerned too

United States

#8 Aug 2, 2011
Go right now to Washington/ Old Spanish Trail (AT MLK Park), St Francis in BSL and see drug dealing live!!! Its rampat, blatant, and nothing is being done. The dealers hold up traffic until the sale is done!!!
NotAllTheirFault

Bartlesville, OK

#9 Aug 2, 2011
Concerned too wrote:
Go right now to Washington/ Old Spanish Trail (AT MLK Park), St Francis in BSL and see drug dealing live!!! Its rampat, blatant, and nothing is being done. The dealers hold up traffic until the sale is done!!!
Again this sounds like something more proactive patrolling can help out with. But that is good info to know and I'll make sure the right people hear about that corner!!! And if anyone knows of hot spots post them and I can assure you that the right people will hear about it and try to do something about it!!
what

Gulfport, MS

#10 Aug 2, 2011
you can't be serious that corner has been a problem long before I was born. Every cop in the county knows about that corner don't act like you are doing something great. If you are a cop and don't know about that corner you need to hang up your uniform and go to work at Kmart.

Since: Aug 11

Urbandale, IA

#11 Aug 2, 2011
Just because it has been a problem for a long time does not mean that they haven't tried doing something about it! I know many many people that have done almost everything they can to fix this! And until you get up and try to do something about it yourself stop throwing around judgement at everyone else who is willing to risk their lives for you!
Concerned too

United States

#12 Aug 2, 2011
nicole if i pull up and shoot the dealers in the head with my pistol I would solve the problem but I would then get arrested (note:just a hypothetical solution). How do you stop drug dealers as a citizen if the cops cant stop them?

Urbandale, IA

#13 Aug 2, 2011
All I'm saying is that people need to stop going around saying that they aren't even trying and that they are all bad people, they go out there everyday and try, think about the families of these people, they read this stuff too!
do you read

Biloxi, MS

#14 Aug 2, 2011
Nicole do you read? Try reading that post again I don't see where it says they are not trying I think it said that everyone knows it is a problem. Noteall.... was saying they would tell the right people like no one knows it is a problem. read it again a little slower this time.

Urbandale, IA

#15 Aug 2, 2011
Not just this one but all the other ones too! Does anyone have anything positive to say about Hancock County at all?! And with people basically saying they aren't trying, yes I do read:)

Urbandale, IA

#16 Aug 2, 2011
do you read wrote:
Nicole do you read? Try reading that post again I don't see where it says they are not trying I think it said that everyone knows it is a problem. Noteall.... was saying they would tell the right people like no one knows it is a problem. read it again a little slower this time.
"Concerned too" said nothing is being done! I believe that is somewhere along the line of no one is trying!
Travis Foreman scumbag

Providence, UT

#17 Aug 3, 2011
Not All Their Fault wrote:
The county narcs do their job in the county, bay and waveland. I too know about how the task force used to be and how it is now. Then you could give a person off the street 25 bucks to buy some rock from multiple dealers that would run up to the car with the crack in open view. Now the curb side service days are over, the hanging out in public places are over and now the d.a. office does not want use of any c/i just undercover officers.
And in the 80s and 90s how many north end busts or meth lab busts were there? Since 2000 there have been literally hundreds a year either being active or dump sites.
Even Harrison county's round ups are not as large as they used to be this last one was for 9 or 10 warrants if i read correctly.
Yes there needs to be more local drug interdiction at the S.O. but it does not need to come just from the narc division. I think they need a street crimes unit and more proactive patrolmen.
Just my 2cp.
That's it exactly. They sit on their asses collecting taxpayer money and wait to be handed the complaints. Then they jump in and expect kudos. WPD and BPD are lazy inept scum. WE demand DECENT COPS! Fire the whole waveland police dept even the secretary. Hire ppl who earn their pay.
FIRE ALL WPD STAFF

Providence, UT

#18 Aug 3, 2011
That's it exactly. They sit on their asses collecting taxpayer money and wait to be handed the complaints. Then they jump in and expect kudos. WPD and BPD are lazy inept scum and bullies. WE demand DECENT COPS! Fire the whole waveland police dept even the secretary. Hire ppl who earn their pay.

I vow to do everything in my power to get rid of the bullies at wpd.
what

Gulfport, MS

#19 Aug 3, 2011
FIRE ALL WPD STAFF wrote:
That's it exactly. They sit on their asses collecting taxpayer money and wait to be handed the complaints. Then they jump in and expect kudos. WPD and BPD are lazy inept scum and bullies. WE demand DECENT COPS! Fire the whole waveland police dept even the secretary. Hire ppl who earn their pay.
I vow to do everything in my power to get rid of the bullies at wpd.
You know there is meds you can take for your problem. Dumb a$$ do you not realize your ip address shows up under your "name"? Man do you look STUPID you commented under a new name agreeing with yourself. DUH!!!!!!!!!! LOL I'll take anything you say serious. RIGHT!

My suggestion.......... Move to New York!
FedUp

Gulfport, MS

#20 Aug 3, 2011
I started this thread because I AM fed up with the drug issues in this County. I have more children in foster care because of drugged out parents here than Harrison County does! Compare the demographics. We have about half as many care workers to help those children. Get the facts by doing a little due diligence before you comment please. We need a solution, not constant babbling.
You can blame the DA, the PD, and the Sheriff if you like, but none of that flies. They are all excuses for failure, not reasons. The truth of the matter is, the Drug Task Force is NOT effective. That is a fact. If something this critical to our society is not working, then you either fix it, or you eliminate it and come up with a better plan.
Now, if someone's family reads this and gets their feelings hurt, well, I apologize. BUT, the state of this community is far more important to me than hurting someone's feelings. Sometimes, the truth hurts. You will get over that. However, this community can't get over this problem unless something changes, and fast.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bay St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Investigator Kevin Hicks Arrests Dr. Juan Gamboa (Aug '15) May 21 Justice 4
Gulf Grove Apartments, Waveland, Mississippi (Apr '12) May 4 un happy renter 44
News Victims in I-59 wreck identified (Jun '07) May 3 Fan of Gunner and... 84
Locals May 3 IBelieve 1
Johnny Nugent Apr 29 hill billy 1
News Heavy rain floods some homes on Mississippi Gul... Apr 28 play 1
News Youth Court judge taken from bench (Oct '08) Apr '16 Hit by the gavel 61
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bay St. Louis Mortgages