Who will be the new Sheriff in Hanco...
Steve

Houston, TX

#469 Jul 11, 2011
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, he's definitely been promised a job! Chief something or other, no doubt!
Nope
not LEO

Urbandale, IA

#470 Jul 11, 2011
I'm not in law enforcement, either. What does a Street Crimes Commander do?
Ed Burke

Urbandale, IA

#471 Jul 12, 2011
Depending on who is elected, WAVELAND R US!(Timeline by incident)

August '07: Miller v. Sgt. Travis Foreman

December '07: Jez v. Ed Besse and John/Jane Does

March '08: Peters v. Sgt. Travis Foreman

March '08: Coote v. Patrick Barber, Sgt. Travis Foreman, Sgt. Clay Necaise,

March '08: Dahl v. Jeffrey Guillot, Sgt. Clay Necaise

March '08: Holland v. Ed Besse, Jeffrey Guillot

September '08: Bryant v. Ed Besse, Eric Loveless, Mike Prendergast, John Salterelli

September '08: Parker v. Patrick Barber, Sgt. Travis Foreman, Sgt. Clay Necaise, Casey Piazza

November '08: Barr v. Sgt. Troy Borderlon, Jeffrey Guillot, Sgt. Charles Lipps

January '09: Hobgood v. Patrick Barber, Sgt. Troy Bordelon, Zenas Cappie, Sgt. Clay Necaise, Josh Poyadou

February 6,'10: Daigre v. Chris Allen, Henry Bouganim, Sgt. Clay Necaise, Josh Poyadou

February 7,'10: Seymour v. Jeffrey Guillot, Sgt. Clay Necaise

February 7,'10: Marquar v. Chris Allen, and John/Jane Does
Ed Burke

Urbandale, IA

#472 Jul 12, 2011
The wise determine from the gravity of the case; the irritable, from sensibility to oppression; the high-minded, from disdain and indignation at abusive power in the wrong hands.
Steve

Houston, TX

#473 Jul 12, 2011
Ed Burke wrote:
Depending on who is elected, WAVELAND R US!(Timeline by incident)
August '07: Miller v. Sgt. Travis Foreman
December '07: Jez v. Ed Besse and John/Jane Does
March '08: Peters v. Sgt. Travis Foreman
March '08: Coote v. Patrick Barber, Sgt. Travis Foreman, Sgt. Clay Necaise,
March '08: Dahl v. Jeffrey Guillot, Sgt. Clay Necaise
March '08: Holland v. Ed Besse, Jeffrey Guillot
September '08: Bryant v. Ed Besse, Eric Loveless, Mike Prendergast, John Salterelli
September '08: Parker v. Patrick Barber, Sgt. Travis Foreman, Sgt. Clay Necaise, Casey Piazza
November '08: Barr v. Sgt. Troy Borderlon, Jeffrey Guillot, Sgt. Charles Lipps
January '09: Hobgood v. Patrick Barber, Sgt. Troy Bordelon, Zenas Cappie, Sgt. Clay Necaise, Josh Poyadou
February 6,'10: Daigre v. Chris Allen, Henry Bouganim, Sgt. Clay Necaise, Josh Poyadou
February 7,'10: Seymour v. Jeffrey Guillot, Sgt. Clay Necaise
February 7,'10: Marquar v. Chris Allen, and John/Jane Does
I dont see your point???
what

Youngstown, OH

#474 Jul 12, 2011
I think the above means that there not fit to lead and/or wear the uniform
No warden here

Spring Valley, MN

#475 Jul 12, 2011
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>So, by using your logic.... Mighty Murphy (isn’t he a Power Ranger too?), being all powerful, certified, qualified, and all knowing shall magically come in and everyone will be in Awe of his worldly knowledge that he won’t need a stinking Warden!!
Of course, I understand now.....he will show the investigators how to investigate, the patrolmen how to patrol, the Narcs how to find dope, the jailers how to securely and safely do their jobs and intimidate the harden criminals that the state will place here,so bad that they will just find Jesus and do the right thing!!
How silly of me....and he will do all this by himself while walking on water!!
My point was and is...No matter who is the next sheriff, the supervisors are not going to pony up the cash. No raises for county employees in three years, you think they are going to pay a certified warden $65,000-$70,000 a year? Cause that's how much it costs. And even if the new sheriff gets that kind of cash approved, then every road deputy, investigator, and every other good-ole-boy in the county who don't know diddly about corrections is going to apply. Then the warden's position becomes political. Just saying....
Steve

Victoria, MN

#476 Jul 12, 2011
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont see your point???
You don't? Imagine my suprise! And this is what you can expect if Ray is elected.
Steve

Victoria, MN

#477 Jul 12, 2011
No warden here wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was and is...No matter who is the next sheriff, the supervisors are not going to pony up the cash. No raises for county employees in three years, you think they are going to pay a certified warden $65,000-$70,000 a year? Cause that's how much it costs. And even if the new sheriff gets that kind of cash approved, then every road deputy, investigator, and every other good-ole-boy in the county who don't know diddly about corrections is going to apply. Then the warden's position becomes political. Just saying....
When the law suits start pouring in, the supervisors will quickly realize that it's cheaper to pay a QUALIFIED Warden to supervise the jail than it is to keep paying lawyers and law suits!
If you do not meet the qualifications you can't apply for the position!
Simple solution....isn't it?
Ed Burke

Urbandale, IA

#478 Jul 12, 2011
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont see your point???
"Better be despised for too anxious apprehensions, than ruined by too confident security."
Ed Burke

Urbandale, IA

#479 Jul 12, 2011
On April 17,“nough said” said “He [Ray Murphy] also brought attitude.”
True Blue then said “When Ray arrived he was able to channel all that "attitude" into productive law enforcement. You really should try and do some research into something as simple as the facts before blogging.”
So, the poster's arrogance notwithstanding, I did some research, or tried to. Myself, and others, have tried many times to find out when exactly he worked for Waveland so we could judge for ourselves the fruits of his labors, what True Blue called 'productive law enforcement.' Someone finally offered that Commander Murphy worked for WPD for about a year and a half in 2006 and 2007. He was there when the tasers were donated. Was he one of the assets that helped train officers? Did he insist on helping to institute a viable taser policy that would protect the city, officers and the public, or did he just get everyone ginned up and gung-ho'd with no restraints and then leave? The list is part of the answer. The list is someone's version of 'productive law enforcement.'
Then I researched Waveland Street Crimes and came up with the “Super Meth Lab Bust” around Feb 3, 2010. Prendergast picks Necaise and Poyadou to help serve the warrant. In a few days, they're still so high, they, and others, precipitate three lawsuits on SuperBowl weekend. In Commander Murphy's judgment, Prendergast, and perhaps other Waveland ex-cops, would be an asset to his administration. I respectfully disagree.
I believe what Commander Murphy channeled was arrogance,(why the need to make himself 'Asst. Chief'?), an “us vs. them” attitude, and the sergeants, and the people they in turn trained, tried to walk in his shoes and couldn't handle it, to the great detriment of this whole county, and to many officers' careers.
I believe that officers have a right, within the proper methodology, to protect themselves and take the proper steps to ensure that they return to their families every night. I want them to survive to work another day, just like I hope to. What has happened in Waveland is simply immoral and wrong. IMHO, Ray Murphy was a contributing factor.
casual observer

Victoria, MN

#480 Jul 12, 2011
My cousin works for the sheriff department and we were talking today at the waffel house. He said that Eric Moran told them that he was going to check the voter dockets after the election in August and if anyone from the department votes republican he will fire them for not voting for him! Is that legal?
Fear not

Biloxi, MS

#481 Jul 12, 2011
casual observer wrote:
My cousin works for the sheriff department and we were talking today at the waffel house. He said that Eric Moran told them that he was going to check the voter dockets after the election in August and if anyone from the department votes republican he will fire them for not voting for him! Is that legal?
Your cousin need not fear. Eric Moran will not make it out of the primary.
sTEVE

Houston, TX

#482 Jul 12, 2011
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>You don't? Imagine my suprise! And this is what you can expect if Ray is elected.
In your dreams
Steve

Victoria, MN

#483 Jul 12, 2011
sTEVE wrote:
<quoted text>
In your dreams
Goodness....wasn't that a snappy retort! What are you, 12? You going to call me "Gay" next?
Steve

Houston, TX

#484 Jul 12, 2011
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>Goodness....wasn't that a snappy retort! What are you, 12? You going to call me "Gay" next?
I 11.Only you know if your Gay
sTEVE

Houston, TX

#485 Jul 12, 2011
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>When the law suits start pouring in, the supervisors will quickly realize that it's cheaper to pay a QUALIFIED Warden to supervise the jail than it is to keep paying lawyers and law suits!
If you do not meet the qualifications you can't apply for the position!
Simple solution....isn't it?
I AGREE
just asking

Urbandale, IA

#486 Jul 14, 2011
Ed Burke wrote:
Depending on who is elected, WAVELAND R US!(Timeline by incident)
August '07: Miller v. Sgt. Travis Foreman
December '07: Jez v. Ed Besse and John/Jane Does
March '08: Peters v. Sgt. Travis Foreman
March '08: Coote v. Patrick Barber, Sgt. Travis Foreman, Sgt. Clay Necaise,
March '08: Dahl v. Jeffrey Guillot, Sgt. Clay Necaise
March '08: Holland v. Ed Besse, Jeffrey Guillot
September '08: Bryant v. Ed Besse, Eric Loveless, Mike Prendergast, John Salterelli
September '08: Parker v. Patrick Barber, Sgt. Travis Foreman, Sgt. Clay Necaise, Casey Piazza
November '08: Barr v. Sgt. Troy Borderlon, Jeffrey Guillot, Sgt. Charles Lipps
January '09: Hobgood v. Patrick Barber, Sgt. Troy Bordelon, Zenas Cappie, Sgt. Clay Necaise, Josh Poyadou
February 6,'10: Daigre v. Chris Allen, Henry Bouganim, Sgt. Clay Necaise, Josh Poyadou
February 7,'10: Seymour v. Jeffrey Guillot, Sgt. Clay Necaise
February 7,'10: Marquar v. Chris Allen, and John/Jane Does
I was looking at the this list and noticed Jeffrey Guillot's name several times. Does anyone know if he is still head of the local Bay-Waveland Tea Party group and who they're supporting in the race?
Nought said

Biloxi, MS

#487 Jul 14, 2011
Ed Burke wrote:
On April 17,“nough said” said “He [Ray Murphy] also brought attitude.”.
True Blue then said “When Ray arrived he was able to channel all that "attitude" into productive law enforcement. You really should try and do some research into something as simple as the facts before blogging.”
So, the poster's arrogance notwithstanding, I did some research, or tried to. Myself, and others, have tried many times to find out when exactly he worked for Waveland so we could judge for ourselves the fruits of his labors, what True Blue called 'productive law enforcement.' Someone finally offered that Commander Murphy worked for WPD for about a year and a half in 2006 and 2007. He was there when the tasers were donated. Was he one of the assets that helped train officers? Did he insist on helping to institute a viable taser policy that would protect the city, officers and the public, or did he just get everyone ginned up and gung-ho'd with no restraints and then leave? The list is part of the answer. The list is someone's version of 'productive law enforcement.'
Then I researched Waveland Street Crimes and came up with the “Super Meth Lab Bust” around Feb 3, 2010. Prendergast picks Necaise and Poyadou to help serve the warrant. In a few days, they're still so high, they, and others, precipitate three lawsuits on SuperBowl weekend. In Commander Murphy's judgment, Prendergast, and perhaps other Waveland ex-cops, would be an asset to his administration. I respectfully disagree.
I believe what Commander Murphy channeled was arrogance,(why the need to make himself 'Asst. Chief'?), an “us vs. them” attitude, and the sergeants, and the people they in turn trained, tried to walk in his shoes and couldn't handle it, to the great detriment of this whole county, and to many officers' careers.
I believe that officers have a right, within the proper methodology, to protect themselves and take the proper steps to ensure that they return to their families every night. I want them to survive to work another day, just like I hope to. What has happened in Waveland is simply immoral and wrong. IMHO, Ray Murphy was a contributing factor.
The new Sheriff is going to have to know a little about business. Ray knows as little as anyone considering his many business failures.
CantBfired

Gulfport, MS

#488 Jul 14, 2011
casual observer wrote:
My cousin works for the sheriff department and we were talking today at the waffel house. He said that Eric Moran told them that he was going to check the voter dockets after the election in August and if anyone from the department votes republican he will fire them for not voting for him! Is that legal?
None of the candidates can come in and just fire people. The sheriff's office does have a STATE civil service and some of the employees know the rules in and out and are not afraid to use them. If in fact that did happen, no it is not "legal" and would be against some campaign rules if I remember correctly it would fall under some sort of coercion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bay St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Adult sex dating in picayune mississippi (Sep '08) Nov 13 Johanshsy74 5
News EMA director: 'People listened, the plan worked' Nov 10 dusty 2
New girl Nov 9 Laybay 1
News Four arrested in South Mississippi opioid presc... Nov 5 Janice Thompson 1
Over 10,000 FEMA trailers (full-size) in Hope. ... (Feb '06) Nov 3 Denniegmahan 9898 126
michelle Wooldridge (Aug '09) Oct '17 Tucker65 2
News His church in Mississippi welcomes LGBTQ people... Oct '17 LGBT Superhero 7

Bay St. Louis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bay St. Louis Mortgages