Hancock County Politicians.....Corrup...

Hancock County Politicians.....Corrupt "good ole boys", or True Statesmen

Posted in the Bay St. Louis Forum

From BSL

Ocean Springs, MS

#1 Nov 4, 2010
With all the talks of politicians around the country being indicted for various things and putting their own interests in front of the people the represent, how do you feel about your local politicians? Hancock County is my home.....always has been....probably always will be. What do you think about our locals? Board of Supervisors...City Council...Board of Aldermen...Mayors...Chancery Clerk...Sheriff...Tax Assessor. Are they "good ole boys" only looking out for theirselves, or are they great statesmen and serving you as you elected them to?
Seeing More

Ocean Springs, MS

#2 Nov 4, 2010
It's pretty much common knowledge that some of our elected county officials are out for themselves. One in particular stands out and always seems to be in the middle of everything but never gets in trouble... go figure.
From BSL

Toledo, OH

#3 Nov 5, 2010
Just one stands out?? I think it's funny how they walk around so smug. I can't wait until the investigation lands more behind bars. You can't tell me that Mr. Cuevas killed himself because of just over $100 worth of stolen diesel fuel. There had to have been way more yet to come. And I refuse to believe that he was alone with any wrong doings. Especially during the times immediately after Hurricane Katrina.
notsorichandfamo us

Ocean Springs, MS

#4 Nov 5, 2010
All these guys and gals are in it for them and only them!!! So much was taken after Katrina and yet nothing has been done!! It is pitiful! Tell me how a supervisor that makes $45000 a year and his wife that changes jobs continuously can live in that mansion on the hill???? Might be the rent from the hidden trailer park? Might be the money from the non-profit organizations? Only time will tell.......
From BSL

United States

#5 Nov 10, 2010
notsorichandfamous wrote:
All these guys and gals are in it for them and only them!!! So much was taken after Katrina and yet nothing has been done!! It is pitiful! Tell me how a supervisor that makes $45000 a year and his wife that changes jobs continuously can live in that mansion on the hill???? Might be the rent from the hidden trailer park? Might be the money from the non-profit organizations? Only time will tell..
That's from his previous dealings as a dirt pit owner, which also includes his involvement with present dirt pit operations. You can't tell me that he is not still involved with the business. How do you think his old school buds and close pals gets contracts around here? And yes, the EPA just so happened to find a 30 acre tract of land to set up camp after Katrina, and wait, how ironic is that it just so happens to belong to a family member of a sitting Supervisor. That's pretty convenient to get what you need, when you need it. No telling how much money exchanged hands on that one. And people only thought Jay Cuevas was the crook of the bunch.
Dying Laughing Funny

Victoria, MN

#6 Nov 12, 2010
From BSL wrote:
<quoted text>
That's from his previous dealings as a dirt pit owner, which also includes his involvement with present dirt pit operations. You can't tell me that he is not still involved with the business. How do you think his old school buds and close pals gets contracts around here? And yes, the EPA just so happened to find a 30 acre tract of land to set up camp after Katrina, and wait, how ironic is that it just so happens to belong to a family member of a sitting Supervisor. That's pretty convenient to get what you need, when you need it. No telling how much money exchanged hands on that one. And people only thought Jay Cuevas was the crook of the bunch.
Interesting how the "high school buddy" just suddenly drops dead a week after the FBI came into his work place and siezed all his documents and contracts!!
Gentleman Bay St Louis

Biloxi, MS

#7 Nov 13, 2010
To BSL - I didn't know there were any ongoing investigations. I thought that was a thing of the past. Do you know of any going on now?
You Betcha

Valdosta, GA

#8 Nov 14, 2010
You can bet your sweet a$$ they are here. The FBI just raided Roger Ladner's home and found over a million dollars worth of evidence.

The only reason I can see that he wasn't arrested is because he's singing like a canary.
Really

Urbandale, IA

#9 Feb 27, 2011
I just read this and can't believe this is being spken about. If he finds out about this you will all be in hot water.
LivingOn TheHILL

Banks, AL

#10 Feb 28, 2011
Well,to say to all my haters.I will be here ontill I nolonger what to be here.I will have the votes to stay.

Since: Feb 11

Detroit, MI

#11 Feb 28, 2011
Hancock County is going to be in crime tv shows in 10 years. Telling of all the corruption after the storm. Haha.
Sangi

Boise, ID

#12 Feb 28, 2011
Leonidas1 wrote:
Hancock County is going to be in crime tv shows in 10 years. Telling of all the corruption after the storm. Haha.
You could be onto something.
Ya Think

Summit, MS

#14 Mar 2, 2011
Leonidas1 wrote:
t

Hancock doesn't appear to be quite as corrupt as a lot of other places.

There are problems here and have been since before Katrina but there are places much worse like Pearl River County and Orleans Parish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bay St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Investigator Kevin Hicks Arrests Dr. Juan Gamboa (Aug '15) May 21 Justice 4
Gulf Grove Apartments, Waveland, Mississippi (Apr '12) May 4 un happy renter 44
News Victims in I-59 wreck identified (Jun '07) May 3 Fan of Gunner and... 84
Locals May 3 IBelieve 1
Johnny Nugent Apr 29 hill billy 1
News Heavy rain floods some homes on Mississippi Gul... Apr 28 play 1
News Youth Court judge taken from bench (Oct '08) Apr '16 Hit by the gavel 61
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bay St. Louis Mortgages