U.S. poverty rate remains at 15 percent

U.S. poverty rate remains at 15 percent

There are 3 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2012, titled U.S. poverty rate remains at 15 percent. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

Maria Covarrubias, left, and her sister-in-law Claudia Sanchez holding her 19-month-old daughter Kimberly Covarrubias receive bags of food which they get monthly at the Monument Crisis Center in Concord, Calif., on Tuesday, Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#1 Sep 13, 2012
This saddens me. As someone who grew up in poverty, got a public education, a higher education, and now earns 6 figures. I find it so troubling that we have people who repeat the cycle of poverty. I wish I had an answer.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#2 Sep 14, 2012
Still, There are so many people who are not able even to collect a single time food.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#3 Sep 14, 2012
The Bible teaches that the poor will always be amongst us. I help feed the homeless in downtown Charlotte on Sunday mornings. Many of them are mentally ill, I get that. But, for the others, I am really lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bay Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay/bi skype (Jun '16) 5 hr Runner3446 87
News Stolen Minivan Pulled from Water Surrounding Ea... 5 hr JKD 2
Complaints Against Google+ (Jul '14) Sun F Google 114
News Antioch: Man wounded after argument leads to sh... Mar 23 James 1
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) Mar 22 Trekkie 217
Pioneer Antoich Norteno Rapper Dies (Mar '07) Mar 21 Juicy J from San ... 1,605
How to Report Section 8 Fraud (Mar '11) Mar 21 Mandy 123

Bay Point Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance