U.S. poverty rate remains at 15 percent

Sep 13, 2012 Full story: Whittier Daily News

Maria Covarrubias, left, and her sister-in-law Claudia Sanchez holding her 19-month-old daughter Kimberly Covarrubias receive bags of food which they get monthly at the Monument Crisis Center in Concord, Calif., on Tuesday, Sept.

Full Story

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#1 Sep 13, 2012
This saddens me. As someone who grew up in poverty, got a public education, a higher education, and now earns 6 figures. I find it so troubling that we have people who repeat the cycle of poverty. I wish I had an answer.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#2 Sep 14, 2012
Still, There are so many people who are not able even to collect a single time food.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#3 Sep 14, 2012
The Bible teaches that the poor will always be amongst us. I help feed the homeless in downtown Charlotte on Sunday mornings. Many of them are mentally ill, I get that. But, for the others, I am really lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bay Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Special message (Aug '13) 10 hr aiden 367
Bedbug infestation at Concord apartment buildin... (Oct '13) 12 hr Black Jack 10
DeerValley High School fights Sun god 6
Taco Bell fight club: High school brawls force ... Sun Phil Theehor 8
antiochs masonic history (Jun '12) Sun mason in antioch 14
Is this intergration or segregation Whatever ha... Oct 18 Love it or Leave it 1
Can I earn her trust back? Oct 17 Ko Majone 2
Bay Point Dating
Find my Match

Bay Point Jobs

Bay Point People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bay Point News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bay Point