Pinellas County Teen Thorin Montgomery Plays Russian Roulette, Dies

Jul 2, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Broward-Palm Beach

A 17-year-old boy from Largo died yesterday after shooting himself in the head during a game of Russian roulette.

Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Jan 8, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Leon 45 Jones

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

Congratulations Thorin you nailed it! Word
whitney

Mableton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

How dare you it was an accident who would even say that when his friends and family are mourning over his loss. I wish it was your son,brother,boyfriend, bestfriend so you could feel the pain we all are. You should be ashamed.
Leon 45 Jones

Stafford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

whitney wrote:
How dare you it was an accident who would even say that when his friends and family are mourning over his loss. I wish it was your son,brother,boyfriend, bestfriend so you could feel the pain we all are. You should be ashamed.
Putting a loaded gun up to your own head is NOT an accident. And if anyone should be ashamed it is HIM for you leaving his family and friends devastated. Word
antonette

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

it was senseless and very sad...not time to point fingers... teen pressure now a days no one has a clue... i have raised 2 sons one of them was friends with thorin..being a teenager in this day and time is not what i went through
my heart and prayers go out to his family...
dustin 34

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

he was a teen age boy with family and friends who loved and will miss him. try to put yourself in their position and think how you would feel. i am a parent and feel for his family. this isnt how life should be. the saddest thing a parent could do in life is out live your children. either show some compassion or just dont say anything at all.
Leon 45 Jones

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

antonette wrote:
it was senseless and very sad...not time to point fingers... teen pressure now a days no one has a clue... i have raised 2 sons one of them was friends with thorin..being a teenager in this day and time is not what i went through
Every situation is a learning experience. Thorin's parents FAILED HIM by not teaching him good common sense and never to play with firearms.

Comments like yours are what causes the 'dumbing down' of our society. Hopefully, this experience will teach you to educate your kids. Word
Leon 45 Jones

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

dustin 34 wrote:
he was a teen age boy with family and friends who loved and will miss him. try to put yourself in their position and think how you would feel. i am a parent and feel for his family. this isnt how life should be. the saddest thing a parent could do in life is out live your children. either show some compassion or just dont say anything at all.
He was obviously a very stupid teenage boy as well.

If YOU want to truly help and make a difference, teach your kids FIREARMS ARE NOT TOYS. THEY CAN KILL YOU. DON'T PLAY WITH GUNS. Word

Since: Apr 09

Kitty Hawk, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2012

Judged:

OK Leon, we give up, why do you say word?
Leon 45 Jones

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2012

Judged:

glasspilot wrote:
OK Leon, we give up, why do you say word?
Old habit I picked up from my Uncle Cornelius when I was a boy.

Hey Cornelius if you out there
...this one is for you! Word
Fed Up

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

antonette wrote:
Senseless yes. As a parent my teens have been taught guns are NOT toys! They KNOW they are NEVER to touch a gun, unless they are on a shooting range. They know to leave immediately if a friend brings out a gun. GUNS are not toys! It is just dumb luck the kid who got hurt was the one with the gun rather than one of his friends. I am sure your compassion would be far less had your child been shot and killed rather than the fool who pulled out the gun and put it to his own damn head! I agree this is no time for pointing fingers, that time is well past, this was a failed parenting job for far more than one sad weekend. Being a teenager in this day and age is harder than what we went through it requires stronger, more involved parenting. Children are a gift, to be cherished and protected. Last time I checked cherishing and protecting children means making the tough choices to be the bad guy once in a while, to teach common sense and life skills, to stop making excuses and hold them responsible, to forbid drugs, alcohol and guns. I dont care who you are if your child doesnt have the life skills necessary to realize putting a loaded gun to his head & pulling the trigger is dangerous and stupid then you have failed! Again this kid could have killed one of his friends just as easily as he shot himself, he was obviously not well versed in how guns work. This accident is a fail on too many levels to count.
MOCT

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

The facts mentioned by Wonders check out. Having more facts sure changes my perspective. Any sympathy I had for this family, is gone. I guess that would be the reason for the Disney version reporting by our local media.
MOCT

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

A legally owned, registered gun would have the owner in HOT water at this point. However, the records attached to these people point more to illegally owned guns so there is no way to pin point who gave it to him or who wasn't taking responsibility for their weapon. As a licensed gun owner I KNOW if my gun ends up in the hands of a minor I am in big trouble. Just one more example of gun control laws only applying to people who are willing to follow the rules. PCSO should do some digging and find out where this kid got the gun and then prosecute to show they are serious about illegal, unregistered guns in the hands of kids/thugs. Very likely these kids would have used the very same gun against another person without a second thought. Drugs, money & guns is what they claim to be about, thugs.
Pinellas Co Tard Town

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Was he reated to one of the Casey Anthony jurors?
Jessie

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

dustin 34 wrote:
I'm his cousion I'm only 12 year old look i loved everything about him so just if u think he was dumb enough to do that then you wrong thorin is smart so smart he got out of high school a year early if you think this is funny then you D-U-M-B. i saw him in the hopsital i made sure i didnt cry because every other grownup in the room was i have a scar on my lip from bitting it so that i wouldnt cry im his family is you think this is funny then please dont say anything this boy was loved by everyone so just if u have something bad to say leave hi his friends and his family out of it thank you very much
Leon 45 Jones

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

Jessie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm his cousion I'm only 12 year old look i loved everything about him so just if u think he was dumb enough to do that then you wrong thorin is smart so smart he got out of high school a year early if you think this is funny then you D-U-M-B. i saw him in the hopsital i made sure i didnt cry because every other grownup in the room was i have a scar on my lip from bitting it so that i wouldnt cry im his family is you think this is funny then please dont say anything this boy was loved by everyone so just if u have something bad to say leave hi his friends and his family out of it thank you very much
You sound like a very nice person Jessie. It's too bad your cousin Thorin wasn't as smart as you are. Stupid people make D-U-M-B decisions and ANYBODY that purposely points a loaded gun to their head is STUPID.

It's a shame that Thorin chose to put you and your loved ones through this...he shouldn't have. Word
Jessie Weaver

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Leon 45 Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a very nice person Jessie. It's too bad your cousin Thorin wasn't as smart as you are. Stupid people make D-U-M-B decisions and ANYBODY that purposely points a loaded gun to their head is STUPID.
It's a shame that Thorin chose to put you and your loved ones through this...he shouldn't have. Word
He didnt no it was loaded....
sigh

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Leon 45 Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
U r A B!TCH
DJL- A neighbor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2012

I am not here to dispute nor agree with anything written here; I would just like to say that I happen to know this family and things aren't as black and white as you're assuming and this family is going through a horrific, painful time. If ever you had concerns as to their parenting, you should have voiced them when they could have done some good. You chose not to get involved then which is fine, but now that the unthinkable has happened, now is not the time to point fingers and blame and drag the parents through the mud. It's mean and hurtful and serves no purpose at all. You're all certainly entitled to your opinions but maybe you can voice them where the family can't read them. Thorin's little twelve year old cousin is reading this and we can only guess who else is. Please just have respect for them and leave them to greive and cope as best as they can. I'm sure you would want the same done for you. I know I would <3.
MOCT

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

DJL- A neighbor wrote:
I am not here to dispute nor agree with anything written here; I would just like to say that I happen to know this family and things aren't as black and white as you're assuming and this family is going through a horrific, painful time. If ever you had concerns as to their parenting, you should have voiced them when they could have done some good. You chose not to get involved then which is fine, but now that the unthinkable has happened, now is not the time to point fingers and blame and drag the parents through the mud. It's mean and hurtful and serves no purpose at all. You're all certainly entitled to your opinions but maybe you can voice them where the family can't read them. Thorin's little twelve year old cousin is reading this and we can only guess who else is. Please just have respect for them and leave them to greive and cope as best as they can. I'm sure you would want the same done for you. I know I would <3.
Again some better parenting might be in order...why is this 12 y.o. reading these comments?
Pissed

Coral Gables, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Wonders knows a few too many details - obviously they kicked his stupid ass at some point. You should be ashamed of yourself for talking shit about a child. Is it brilliant to play with guns? No. Do his actions somehow mean the Montgomerys didn't love their child? Of course it doesn't. Does having a father with a temper mean there is something wrong with the boy and that the loss of his life is a fair "payment" for his father's perceived wrongs? Again, no.
Wonders should shut the hell up before someone beats his ass. Again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bay Pines Discussions

Search the Bay Pines Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 27 min Willson 2,389
Florida woman arrested for leaving toddler in car 12 hr DCF will drug the child 1
Why Does John Travolta Live in Ocala, Fla.? (Jan '09) 15 hr velvet 53
Review: ADT Security Services, Inc. Wed Saint Petersburg 3
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Jul 22 nina roth 2,063
United Travel Schools (Jan '06) Jul 22 lkts729 88
Good Humor Breyers/Unilever (May '09) Jul 21 Lupy 27
•••
•••
•••
Bay Pines Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bay Pines Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000