Daylight unveils damage from Sandy

Daylight unveils damage from Sandy

There are 16 comments on the WAVE-TV Louisville story from Oct 30, 2012, titled Daylight unveils damage from Sandy. In it, WAVE-TV Louisville reports that:

Beachfront homes, hotels and other structures were heavily damaged or completely destroyed on Point Pleasant Beach after Sandy took down the dune that would have protected them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVE-TV Louisville.

Kristen

Short Hills, NJ

#1 Oct 30, 2012
Is the tiki bar still intact?
Marc

Haifa, Israel

#2 Oct 30, 2012
Kristen wrote:
Thats the million dollar question
Shocked

New Bedford, MA

#3 Oct 30, 2012
Kristen wrote:
This is not a time to be funny. Grow up.
This was a disaster and people were killed from this storm. Families lost their house and possessions. Grow up!!!!
Kristen

New York, NY

#4 Oct 30, 2012
Shocked wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a time to be funny. Grow up.
This was a disaster and people were killed from this storm. Families lost their house and possessions. Grow up!!!!
Wasn't trying to be funny...just wondering because I got married there a month ago and it means a lot to me. I realize that people lost a lot and I wasn't asking to be funny!
Concerned

Watertown, MA

#5 Oct 30, 2012
Anybody know how the homes on Riverside Place, in pt. Pleasant Are? It's off of Broadway and one street away from Ocean ave. Any information would be helpful. From the photos of the boats in the road it doesn't look good. Family has house there. Thanks!
Carol Smith

Longwood, FL

#6 Oct 31, 2012
I spent the most memorable days of my life in Pt Pleasant Beach. I, too, was married in Pt. Pleasant. I live in FL and make a road trip every summer to bring my grandson (from GA) so he can experience some of the Jersey shore fun. I am praying for everyone there, and hoping the landscape will not have changed too much when we return next summer. How is the boardwalk? Haven't seen any pics of Jenkinson's, etc. online.
jamie

Patchogue, NY

#7 Oct 31, 2012
wanting to no how pt pleasant survived, i live there on route 88. just pasted bay st down from 7 eleven is there power and was there flooding in that area,,,if anyone one with information knows please update thank you! my heart goes out to all the people who have lost everything, including there lives! JERSEY STRONG
Jennifer

Greensboro, NC

#8 Oct 31, 2012
The tiki bar is totally gone- the boardwalk is pretty beat up! I have been SEARCHINGto no end for pics of our house or street that is a couple blocks from jenks! This is the worst thing I could ever imagine happening! I grew up here every summer and my heart goes out to everyone there now!! Prayers and thoughts and hopefully we can get some news on our house!
Aaron

Sydney, Australia

#9 Oct 31, 2012
Kristen wrote:
I saw photos online of the TIKI bar damaged but still standing though according to the description with the photo the lobster shack next door was destroyed.
Jennifer

Greensboro, NC

#10 Nov 1, 2012
The lobster shack is not near the tiki bar -the tiki bar at martels is at the boardwalk at jenks- the lobster shack is down the road past he inlet
Jennifer

Greensboro, NC

#11 Nov 1, 2012
Tried to attach pic but cannot- if you go to fb -jersey shore hurricane news there are a few pics of the boardwalk and jenkinsons! Tiki bar that I believe they may be referring to was actually on a pier!
Bill Kelly

Pompton Lakes, NJ

#12 Nov 1, 2012
I own a condo near the border of Bay Head and Point Pleasant Beach just 1 block west of Route 35.
I am wondering how far west the ocean waters reached and how high the flood waters reached. Our unit is also near Martells restaurant and bar and the Qick Chek. Anybody know anything about this area?
Jennifer

Greensboro, NC

#13 Nov 1, 2012
There is aerial video by a navy seal that shows a good portion of pt and bay head -starts right at white sands hotel so it does not show our boardwalk, unfortunately. But it is extremely sad but gives you an overview of most the area.
Linda in Iowa

Fairfield, IA

#14 Nov 1, 2012
Asbury Park Press has some north boardwalk video footade on their website. Also footage on Arnold Avenue 4-5 blocks from Jenks.

Our thoughts and prayers are with our shore familyand everyone in PPB as well as the rest of the coast. Our fondest memories are in PPB and we hope to return again.

God bless and strength to all.
Linda in Iowa

Fairfield, IA

#15 Nov 1, 2012
Jennifer wrote:
The tiki bar is totally gone- the boardwalk is pretty beat up! I have been SEARCHINGto no end for pics of our house or street that is a couple blocks from jenks! This is the worst thing I could ever imagine happening! I grew up here every summer and my heart goes out to everyone there now!! Prayers and thoughts and hopefully we can get some news on our house!
Check the Asbury Park Press website for some video footage in PPB. It may be of some help to you.
gmb

Staten Island, NY

#16 Nov 1, 2012
my mom's family used to summer at a green bungalow in point pleasant that sat with a small group of bungalows right on the sand - I imagine they're gone...?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bay Head Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gout And Liquor - The Dangers You Need To Know ... Sat NY Mom 3
Thinking of moving to Brick NJ Sat eastpointlight 3
Help wanted Jun 13 Davisjoseph 1
News Brick man arrested for attempted sexual assault... (May '14) May '16 Anthony Cavaliere 2
News Fix N.J.'s property taxes, school funding - sta... Apr '16 Nancy Ann 1
News Jersey Shore Fishing: Many proves there are loc... (Aug '14) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 4
sea girt inn (Sep '06) Mar '16 hondoj17 151
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bay Head Mortgages