Sun-Tattler president Edward H. Wentworth

There are 6 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 14, 2007, titled Sun-Tattler president Edward H. Wentworth. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Edward H. Wentworth Jr., former editor and president of the defunct Hollywood Sun-Tattler newspaper, died Tuesday at Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Barry Epstein

Lake Worth, FL

#1 Jun 14, 2007
Eddie Wentworth was the first person I met, as Editor of the Hollywood Sun-Tattler after starting work as President of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce in 1971. I asked for his help in building the Chamber back up. I remember him saying, I was only 29 and he was 32, "You take care of the Chamber and I'll take care of the newspaper." He was also the last person I stopped into see when leaving Hollywood to run the Orlando Chamber in 1978. I visited him frequently at the Dania nursing home, bringing him magazines and his beloved cigarettes, along with a shirt or two he requested. He was a dear friend and will be sorely missed. They don't make them like that anymore.
Mr Schwinnckle

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jun 16, 2007
Wish he was still around, he would have a ball with the city of Dania Beach and Hollywood now!
robert n buckler

Ford City, PA

#3 Jul 9, 2009
Ed Wentworth hired me as circulation director in 75 or 76. He was one of the finest bosses I ever had-I still think of him and miss him
Sandra Leino

Gonzales, LA

#4 Aug 10, 2013
I was a teen, but I remember him.
Tim Baker

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Nov 2, 2013
In 1964 I was a photographer at the Tattler, Ed a reporter. We were often on assignments together so I got to know him well. In 66 he was city editor. He was the exact same person in each role, always considerate, helpful, diligent, responsible. The world needed and needs more people like Ed.
Valerie Lawson

United States

#6 Nov 5, 2013
I worked for Hollywood Sun-Tattler as a Proofreader-Typist during my last year of high school in 1977. One day Mr. Wentworth's secretary was out and he needed someone who took shorthand for an impromptu meeting. They found out I had taken shorthand in high school and asked if I would assist them with this. Being young and nervous, Mr. Wentworth made me feel "at ease" during that meeting. I will never forget that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bay Harbor Islands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White Latinos can be really racist.... (Oct '08) 40 min Violet 393
Mass murder (Dec '10) 3 hr September Revolt 81
News Obama turns up heat on climate change debate in... 3 hr Mothra 213
Review: Artcuts 10 hr som 1
A Golden Shower a Day, Keeps the Lifeguard Away! 16 hr B-B-Barry D-D-Devlin 7
Are race riots coming to Miami ? Mon Ed in Adventura 1
Dope market in Hollywood/broward county (Jan '13) Mon Robdog12 55
More from around the web

Bay Harbor Islands People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE