Why do Republicans hate poor people?

Left Brain Thinker

“I don't need no stinkin job.”

Since: May 09

Topix Bar and Grill

#43 Sep 21, 2012
Uhm wrote:
No one "hates the poor". What we hates is having to pay for bad choices people make.
You know the ones:
Pregnancies by people who can't afford to raise their children, so we're expected to pay for their medical bills, food, housing, utilities.
The I burnt out my organs by doing drugs and alchol, so it's your responsbility to pay for my upkeep and medical bills.
The people who drop out of high school and can't find a decent job so we're expected to subsidize their wages by providing them with food stamps and housing.
Life is about choices, if you don't have enough gumption to want to get ahead in life and make a decent living, why should we be taxed to death to support your dead beat asses.
Mittwit hates poor people. He all but said so. Hes fine with rich people looking down their nose at unfortunate people.
Uhm

Little Rock, AR

#44 Sep 21, 2012
Left Brain Thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Mittwit hates poor people. He all but said so. Hes fine with rich people looking down their nose at unfortunate people.
An Obamanut doesn't? His campaign slogan, should be food stamp cards in every pocket, don't want to work, don't worry, we'll find you a HUD house, give you welfare and give you food to eat.

Only a left wing nut would think that the huge raise of people on welfare and food stams we've seen during his administration is a "good thing"

Jonesboro, AR

#45 Sep 21, 2012
Have you heard Ryan's new name?'MiniMitt!'

LOL

Left Brain Thinker

Topix Bar and Grill

#46 Sep 22, 2012
Uhm wrote:
<quoted text>
An Obamanut doesn't? His campaign slogan, should be food stamp cards in every pocket, don't want to work, don't worry, we'll find you a HUD house, give you welfare and give you food to eat.
Only a left wing nut would think that the huge raise of people on welfare and food stams we've seen during his administration is a "good thing"
Food stamps are the only thing keeping many people nourished. And its not because they are lazy. People with academic degrees and work experience cant find a job. Millions of them. Thanks to corporate raiders like Mittwit. Of course Mittwit hasn't gone hungry so he hates anything associated with food stamps.

Left Brain Thinker

Topix Bar and Grill

#47 Sep 22, 2012
guest wrote:
Have you heard Ryan's new name?'MiniMitt!'
LOL
LOL!!!!!
Idiots are everywhere

United States

#49 Sep 22, 2012
<quoted text>
Food stamps are the only thing keeping many people nourished. And its not because they are lazy. People with academic degrees and work experience cant find a job. Millions of them. Thanks to corporate raiders like Mittwit. Of course Mittwit hasn't gone hungry so he hates anything associated with food stamps.
Did it every occur to you that your good friends the Clintons were responsible for the mortgage melt down? They signed legislation that said anyone with a pulse could get a mortgage loan whether they could afford it or not. Then Billy boy signed NAFTA that enabled jobs to be sent over seas. Clinton was as responsible for the depression the US has been going through.

Of course you have Obamanut, who like Bubba Clinton is planning for his "White House afterlife" by doing special favors for certain industries. Ever wonder how Bubba Clinton is worth millions now when he went into the White House basically broke? He did favors for groups who in return promised him speaking engagements of a million dollars or more to speak. What other former president do you know has done that? None, think about.

Left Brain Thinker

Topix Bar and Grill

#50 Sep 22, 2012
Idiots are everywhere wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it every occur to you that your good friends the Clintons were responsible for the mortgage melt down? They signed legislation that said anyone with a pulse could get a mortgage loan whether they could afford it or not. Then Billy boy signed NAFTA that enabled jobs to be sent over seas. Clinton was as responsible for the depression the US has been going through.
Of course you have Obamanut, who like Bubba Clinton is planning for his "White House afterlife" by doing special favors for certain industries. Ever wonder how Bubba Clinton is worth millions.now when he went into the White House basically broke? He did favors for groups who in return promised him speaking engagements of a million dollars or more to speak. What other former president do you know has done that? None, think about.
The mortgage meltdown was due to the greedy banks. Those Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) loans were not tied to any index. Like T Bills or bonds. If you look back at the facts ARM loan rates can go down just like they can go up. If those ARMs were tied to an index (like they should have been) then the rate changes could be somewhat predictable. But the mortgage lenders were at liberty to manipulate rates as those choose to without any restrictions. Most subprime buyer candidates actually managed their initial mortgage payments. Then the banks screwed them right in the heart by significantely raising the rates for greed.

Not once did any of those ARM rates go down. They went up every time.

Left Brain Thinker

Topix Bar and Grill

#51 Sep 22, 2012
<quoted text>
Of course you have Obamanut, who like Bubba Clinton is planning for his "White House afterlife" by doing special favors for certain industries. Ever wonder how Bubba Clinton is worth millions now when he went into the White House basically broke? He did favors for groups who in return promised him speaking engagements of a million dollars or more to speak. What other former president do you know has done that? None, think about.
NAFTA is not an "overseas " trade agreement. It's a trade agreement between the US, Canada and Mexico.

Hence "North America Free Trade Agreement ".
Idiots are everywhere

United States

#52 Sep 22, 2012
<quoted text>
The mortgage meltdown was due to the greedy banks. Those Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) loans were not tied to any index. Like T Bills or bonds. If you look back at the facts ARM loan rates can go down just like they can go up. If those ARMs were tied to an index (like they should have been) then the rate changes could be somewhat predictable. But the mortgage lenders were at liberty to manipulate rates as those choose to without any restrictions. Most subprime buyer candidates actually managed their initial mortgage payments. Then the banks screwed them right in the heart by significantely raising the rates for greed.
Not once did any of those ARM rates go down. They went up every time.
Oh, the old "I'm a victim mentality". I didn't understand what I was signing, so I'll sign it anwway. You can only be taken advantage of if you're stupid enough to allow yourself to be. Do you think car dealers, furniture stores are any less "greedy".

Look in the mirrow, and you will see who is to blame for the mess you're in.
Idiots are everywhere

United States

#53 Sep 22, 2012
<quoted text>
NAFTA is not an "overseas " trade agreement. It's a trade agreement between the US, Canada and Mexico.
Hence "North America Free Trade Agreement ".
And how many jobs did we lose to Mexico and Canada? How many jobs did GM send to Mexico after the taxpayer (who are still on the hook for 23.6 billion). Not to mention they invested millions in foreign Chinese stock?

Obamanut is as much to blame for unemployment as anyone else, since it's his administration that allowed this happen.

Left Brain Thinker

Topix Bar and Grill

#54 Sep 22, 2012
<quoted text>
Oh, the old "I'm a victim mentality". I didn't understand what I was signing, so I'll sign it anwway. You can only be taken advantage of if you're stupid enough to allow yourself to be. Do you think car dealers, furniture stores are any less "greedy".
Look in the mirrow, and you will see who is to blame for the mess you're in.
I'm not a victim. And those mortgage policy holders certainly have understood the risk associated with an ARM loan. No doubt about that. But that doesn't change the fact that those scalping mortgage lenders raised the rates for no other reason than greed.

Left Brain Thinker

Topix Bar and Grill

#55 Sep 22, 2012
<quoted text>
And how many jobs did we lose to Mexico and Canada? How many jobs did GM send to Mexico after the taxpayer (who are still on the hook for 23.6 billion). Not to mention they invested millions in foreign Chinese stock?
Obamanut is as much to blame for unemployment as anyone else, since it's his administration that allowed this happen.
Jobs and manufacturing were going to Mexico long before NAFTA was signed. NAFTA just made it easier for manufactured goods (and parts) to be moved back and forth across the borders without the tariffs.

You need to get your head screwed on right. You haven't got anything tight yet
Idiots are everywhere

United States

#56 Sep 22, 2012
<quoted text>
Jobs and manufacturing were going to Mexico long before NAFTA was signed. NAFTA just made it easier for manufactured goods (and parts) to be moved back and forth across the borders without the tariffs.
You need to get your head screwed on right. You haven't got anything tight yet
LOL, says the left wing nut. Look up the number of jobs that went to Mexico, Canada before NAFTA and after and then tell yourself it didn't have any affect.

I'm finished talking to you. The only thing I hate worse than a right wing nut is a left wing idiot.

Left Brain Thinker

Topix Bar and Grill

#57 Sep 22, 2012
<quoted text>
LOL, says the left wing nut. Look up the number of jobs that went to Mexico, Canada before NAFTA and after and then tell yourself it didn't have any affect.
I'm finished talking to you. The only thing I hate worse than a right wing nut is a left wing idiot.
I'm certainly glad you are through. You certainly add nothing to the conservation except drool.

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#58 Sep 22, 2012
guest wrote:
I dont think Mitt Romney hates poor people. He, much like the rest of us, don't appreciate the large percentage of Americans who choose to sit back on their backside and do nothing to take care of themselves or their families, but are perfectly happy sitting on government benefits and the welfare system while the rest of us work and support them. I think you will find that alot of people have issues with that. Has nothing to do with the poor. It's about the lazy, those that think they are entitled, and the moochers. Aren't you smart enough to realize that the more people allow the government to support you and control what you do you are slowly losing your freedoms? Guess people are more interested in getting free handouts instead of making their own choices for their own families.
Besides, those people are not the middle class. The middle class are those of us who ARE working and paying taxes.
One out of two people? 47 perecent is nearly that.
Hmm

United States

#59 Sep 22, 2012
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
One out of two people? 47 perecent is nearly that.
I read that one in 4 people is one some form of government assistance now. How can this country survive when we are supporting that number of deadbeats. Thank you democrats for bankrupting the country.

#60 Sep 22, 2012
Romney's an arrogant elitist. He knows nothing about and has understanding of what it's like for lower and middle income families with children.

Romney said 47 percent of Americans are freeloading deadbeats. Is the unemployment rate at 47 percent? Nope, it's not. The national rate is 8.1 percent. That leaves 38.9 percent.

So who do you think are included in Romney's 47 percent? In that remaining 38.9?

It includes the elderly, people working minimum wage and not much more than that, middle-class families with children, young couples with children, retirees of low paying jobs who retired before prices shot up, workers laid-off due to the recession, and a lot more.

Including ..... let me ask you this ..... how many low income and middle-class working families do you know that get money back at tax time? Are they good people (they hold jobs and have children, own a home, etc)? Well, if they get tax money back they are among Romney's 47 percent deadbeats and his job is not to worry about them. He said so.

Most likely it also includes students going to college by way of loans or grants. Housewives that stay home to care for their children (husbands work instead), and no telling who else.

#61 Sep 22, 2012
and 'no' has understanding

#62 Sep 22, 2012
Sorry about the goof on words. I'm trying to talk to someone here with me while typing. My bad.

Jonesboro, AR

#63 Sep 23, 2012
___Jenny___ wrote:
Romney's an arrogant elitist. He knows nothing about and has understanding of what it's like for lower and middle income families with children.
Romney said 47 percent of Americans are freeloading deadbeats. Is the unemployment rate at 47 percent? Nope, it's not. The national rate is 8.1 percent. That leaves 38.9 percent.
So who do you think are included in Romney's 47 percent? In that remaining 38.9?
It includes the elderly, people working minimum wage and not much more than that, middle-class families with children, young couples with children, retirees of low paying jobs who retired before prices shot up, workers laid-off due to the recession, and a lot more.
Including ..... let me ask you this ..... how many low income and middle-class working families do you know that get money back at tax time? Are they good people (they hold jobs and have children, own a home, etc)? Well, if they get tax money back they are among Romney's 47 percent deadbeats and his job is not to worry about them. He said so.
Most likely it also includes students going to college by way of loans or grants. Housewives that stay home to care for their children (husbands work instead), and no telling who else.
Has mittwit even thought that some of the 47% of the population who don't pay taxes are children who are not of age to work anywhere and pay taxes? He really should have analyzed that 47% of the population in detail before he opened his mouth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lazzaris Italian Oven 2 min guest 9
Rail firm's apology over 'fat people' announcement 5 min Lexi 22
Why fat women are ruining the dating scene for ... 7 min Lexi 394
missing work at Walmart (Feb '10) 13 min UtahMom16 128
meth (Oct '14) 20 min Tiffany 11
Happy Sabbath Jonesboro 38 min Lori 17
People in Jonesboro are STUPID 39 min Noticed 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bay Mortgages