Bay High School
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Yellowjacket Fan

Lubbock, TX

#1 Nov 16, 2012
Any thoughts about how the Athletic Department and Bay High School are being run?
Jane

United States

#2 Nov 16, 2012
Yellowjacket Fan wrote:
Any thoughts about how the Athletic Department and Bay High School are being run?
the athletic department is running the school
bay girl

Dallas, TX

#3 Nov 16, 2012
Sad but true
School Patron

Bexar, AR

#4 Nov 16, 2012
We have a serious problem here. This matter needs to be settled soon it's already out of control. This could cause a path of destruction for Bay High School with the result of children going somewhere else for team sports. The community should stand together on this issue before we see our numbers drop resulting in consolidation with other schools. We have strived to keep this school alive and going not to be tore apart by 2 men who will move own and 5 board members will slowly be voted off the board. Stand United and Not be Divided.
The Truth

United States

#5 Nov 17, 2012
School Patron wrote:
We have a serious problem here. This matter needs to be settled soon it's already out of control. This could cause a path of destruction for Bay High School with the result of children going somewhere else for team sports. The community should stand together on this issue before we see our numbers drop resulting in consolidation with other schools. We have strived to keep this school alive and going not to be tore apart by 2 men who will move own and 5 board members will slowly be voted off the board. Stand United and Not be Divided.
No one is going to move because Volleyball has been removed. Take a chill people! Another sport will be added and everyone can move on. I will agree that the board members need changed and in due time it will happen.
parent

United States

#6 Nov 17, 2012
One has already moved to nettleton because of volleyball
The Truth Hurts

United States

#7 Nov 17, 2012
And the Yellow Jackets will continue to move forward. They are not sweating it because a girl moves to another school to play volleyball.
parent

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Nov 17, 2012
They will sweat it. The school is dangerously low on enrollment. When it drops below 500, the school can be consolidated. Other girls are looking to leave and their siblings will go with them. There are no other sports being added for girls. The volleyball program won as many or more games than basketball when a full time coach was there.

It is time that the people in charge realize they were elected to do as the town's people wishes.

Kids should be supported equally both academically and athletically.
parent

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Nov 17, 2012
They knew they were going to cut the program last summer. It conflicted were the basketball teams gym time. That's why they got rid of the coach before the season was over
Yellowjacket Fan

United States

#10 Nov 17, 2012
Thank you for your input on this issue we seem to be having with our Superintendent, Coach and the School board.
Once we drop below 500 we will fall victim to consolidation. I know some of you believe it won't happen but it will and it can.
Joe

United States

#11 Nov 17, 2012
Yellowjacket Fan wrote:
Thank you for your input on this issue we seem to be having with our Superintendent, Coach and the School board.
Once we drop below 500 we will fall victim to consolidation. I know some of you believe it won't happen but it will and it can.
Is it 500 or 350?

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Nov 17, 2012
350 is the number. I love this stuff, another punch line for those of us with any sense to laugh at. The school has close to 600 students and has grown in enrollment the last 2 years. Serious problems are not a 1a school dropping volleyball. When more than 80 schools bigger than us don't even play it. Is it sad yes, but the school hasn't been put in jeopardy. How amusing this must be to other districts! You could go to EPC, BIC, Marmaduke, Cross County, Manila, Riverside just to name a few but wait they don't have volleyball. Have you looked around your school any at all over the last 10 years? No progress at all I tell ya! Hilarious! Continue on so us people who know the facts will have something to laugh at.
The Truth Hurts More

Mountain Home, AR

#13 Nov 18, 2012
The schools is not going to consolidate. It's like was said earlier, attendance is up over the past 2 yrs (550 +). All this boils down to is some parents have their panties in a was bc their child doesn't get to play volleyball. Again I promise that the Yellow Jackets will continue to move forward. Not many schools even play volleyball anymore, Valley View, Westside, JHS, Nettleton and Harrisburg are the ones that stick out in my head. I would say more don't play than do. So is it really hurting the school to drop a sport that only bigger schools play? I would say probably not! I will say this again, the school board members need to change.
parent

United States

#14 Nov 18, 2012
My source was incorrect. The number is 350. Will we lose that many? No. Do some parents have their "panties in a wad?" Yes. Their daughters deserve to be able to play. Volleyball is growing rapidly among 2A schools. The reason for dropping was because they cannot find a coach. AAA will allow a volunteer coach per The Sun. This is completely opposite of what the school has been saying. I know that volunteers are hard to come by but why not phase the program out?
Bayite

Blytheville, AR

#15 Nov 23, 2012
parent wrote:
My source was incorrect. The number is 350. Will we lose that many? No. Do some parents have their "panties in a wad?" Yes. Their daughters deserve to be able to play. Volleyball is growing rapidly among 2A schools. The reason for dropping was because they cannot find a coach. AAA will allow a volunteer coach per The Sun. This is completely opposite of what the school has been saying. I know that volunteers are hard to come by but why not phase the program out?
Chip Layne only cares about basketball. He needs to get a job as an athletic director somewhere other than Bay!
Sue

Bethesda, MD

#16 Nov 28, 2012
you Bay people should be proud of your basketball team they are going to be hard to beat.
parent

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Nov 28, 2012
Bayite wrote:
<quoted text>Chip Layne only cares about basketball. He needs to get a job as an athletic director somewhere other than Bay!
And filling up his personal cars at the schools fuel tanks. Or wait that's truck he drives was bought by the school to. So it's only fair they buy the gas for it to
parent

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Nov 29, 2012
Sue wrote:
you Bay people should be proud of your basketball team they are going to be hard to beat.
We are proud of all of our teams and not just when they are winning.
parent

Alexandria, LA

#19 Jan 19, 2013
If Chip cared about the school sports teams he would coach the 4th and 5th grade girls too not just his daughter. Because bless her bitchy heart Mrs. Manley is not doing a good job.
FgM

Conway, AR

#20 Jan 22, 2013
Bay high turning into some bitches yo come on where the good old days at

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
so called "crazy women" 4 min Yikes 27
where are the real men around here? 50 min a real man 42
a hole in the ground 1 hr tallboy 1
Who won popular vote? 2 hr LiberalsLieCheata... 102
should a Country have borders? 2 hr Jack 4
jacque tyler (Sep '08) 2 hr Old buddy 50
The America I want to live in 3 hr Guest 91

Bay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance