Prosecutors: Cop pleaded 'Please don'...

Prosecutors: Cop pleaded 'Please don't shoot me'

There are 61 comments on the OregonLive.com story from Jul 20, 2012, titled Prosecutors: Cop pleaded 'Please don't shoot me'. In it, OregonLive.com reports that:

An Arkansas man charged with capital murder knew what he was doing when he shot a police officer who begged him not to, prosecutors said Friday, countering defense claims that Jerry Lard suffers from mental illness.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at OregonLive.com.

seeking true justice

United States

#27 Jul 24, 2012
I think they should shoot him. I mezn what was his warrent for. Rape or something like that. So he is a cop killin rapist. I hope he gets cornholed everyday untill they kill the sick s.o.b.
Wow

Austin, TX

#28 Jul 24, 2012
seeking true justice wrote:
I think they should shoot him. I mezn what was his warrent for. Rape or something like that. So he is a cop killin rapist. I hope he gets cornholed everyday untill they kill the sick s.o.b.
Dont you think your name and what you write is an oxymoron? Pick one or the other.
fokwad

Trumann, AR

#29 Jul 24, 2012
Ok I'll pick. It would be awesome if we could forget the legal way of getting justice and form a lynch mob. Lard and anyone that defends him should be burned alive in public for everyone to see. I know the constitution gives everyone the right to a trial but this is a rare case where I would support and actually ENJOY lynch mob justice. If it were up to me I would burn all of his family and friends just to set an example. I have no respect for such scum and dont' believe they deserve any rights like the rest of us. We are simply BETTER than them.
Wow

Austin, TX

#30 Jul 24, 2012
fokwad wrote:
Ok I'll pick. It would be awesome if we could forget the legal way of getting justice and form a lynch mob. Lard and anyone that defends him should be burned alive in public for everyone to see. I know the constitution gives everyone the right to a trial but this is a rare case where I would support and actually ENJOY lynch mob justice. If it were up to me I would burn all of his family and friends just to set an example. I have no respect for such scum and dont' believe they deserve any rights like the rest of us. We are simply BETTER than them.
I find this laughable. Ill give the benefit of the doubt and assume you have no idea on a big part of his family. And let me just fill you in, their is a huge part of his family that are disgusted by his actions. Unfortunatley, you assume the only family he has is in the state of AR. So before generalize a mans family because of a crime that he commits, and wish to burn his family along with him, you should know that he has family that hold Masters degrees, work hard, pay their taxes, are law abiding citizens, and you, my friend, are absolutley no better than them.
To Wow

Mountain Home, AR

#31 Jul 24, 2012
I don't blame any friends, family , or other acquaintances for Jerry Lards actions. The fault lies with him and him alone. This said, I believe he deserves no better than what he gave to the officer. Take him out, shoot him three times in the same areas, then give him the same treatment the officer got in the end. That my friend would be true justice. I know God will judge him in the end. The least we can do is give him quick passage to stand before him.
Wow

Austin, TX

#32 Jul 24, 2012
fokwad wrote:
If it were up to me I would burn all of his family and friends just to set an example.
Can the educated people of America burn all of your friends and family because we think your educational background is less than up to par? I mean, we prefer people that can actually contribute to society. Your inability to actually make an educated argument is, literally, quite disgusting. By the way, your new name, well, fits you to a tee. Great choice there buddy!
just me

Wiggins, MS

#33 Jul 24, 2012
you retards dont know me I have had the same job for six years and make more money than most of you cry babies and I still say f#*k the police and I'm glad another pig got what they all deserve I hope it becomes a trend wacking pigs that would be a beautifull thing so for all the pigs that have ever been killed and those that will be HA HA HA HA !!!!! burn in hell
Wow

Austin, TX

#34 Jul 24, 2012
To Wow wrote:
I don't blame any friends, family , or other acquaintances for Jerry Lards actions. The fault lies with him and him alone. This said, I believe he deserves no better than what he gave to the officer. Take him out, shoot him three times in the same areas, then give him the same treatment the officer got in the end. That my friend would be true justice. I know God will judge him in the end. The least we can do is give him quick passage to stand before him.
Although I disagree in the choice of the justice you seek, I cam understand your frustrations with his actions. I, along with most members of his family, are extremely disgusted by his actions. My heart cries out for this officer and his family. I just want justice to be served in the same way everyone who commits the most hanious of crimes. Please understand that the way most people in AR want to see him suffer, it simply wont happen. Because we are America and we chose the way we see justice should be served, for everyone. It is, howver ridiculous for people to continue on this lynch mob attitude because we know it will never happen and because we may still see that innocent knew. That does not mean that his family supports him. It just means that, at one time, he was just the same innocent little boy. That was person loved. To generalize and condemn his entire family is simply unfair.
To Wow

Mountain Home, AR

#35 Jul 24, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I disagree in the choice of the justice you seek, I cam understand your frustrations with his actions. I, along with most members of his family, are extremely disgusted by his actions. My heart cries out for this officer and his family. I just want justice to be served in the same way everyone who commits the most hanious of crimes. Please understand that the way most people in AR want to see him suffer, it simply wont happen. Because we are America and we chose the way we see justice should be served, for everyone. It is, howver ridiculous for people to continue on this lynch mob attitude because we know it will never happen and because we may still see that innocent knew. That does not mean that his family supports him. It just means that, at one time, he was just the same innocent little boy. That was person loved. To generalize and condemn his entire family is simply unfair.
What choice of justice do you prefer in this case? Death is usually the justice for everyone who commits the most (I believe the word you were trying to spell is "heinous")of crimes. NO, what was ridiculous was for a drug crazed person to shoot someone then execute them while they were begging for their life. That, my friend, was RIDICULOUS! Again, I neither generalized nor condemned any of his family members. I don't even condemn Jerry Lard. He condemned himself by his choice of actions. Now it's time to pay. Here in this life and hopefully very soon in the next.
im the member

United States

#36 Jul 24, 2012
I am a member of Jerry Lard I'm not afraid to admit it am I saying what he did was right? Why no I am not. However, with that being said I don't blame our family for his actions. He is responsible for them by all means. I do not agree with the downgrading his family because it is not our fault. I don't appreciate the negative things being said about Jerry Lard. I love him and always will. I'm deeply sorry for the officer family and friends. Am I saying that I'm going to turn my back on him? Hell no family sticks around and doesn't give up faith in them no matter the situations. He has done a major crime it was not right for him to shoot anyone. But I will always stand behind him 100% no matter what the outcome is. Hell I will stand in front of him for that matter. He is not a bad person just made a bad choice. We all make them in life some learn some choose not to. I do know that I will not let someone bad mouth my family for his actions. I along with the rest of my family are not held accountable for his actions. He will be the one to answer the good lord when the time comes! Nothing anyone says can change my families choices but we will love him just as we always have and will continue to do so
Wow

Austin, TX

#38 Jul 25, 2012
To Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
What choice of justice do you prefer in this case? Death is usually the justice for everyone who commits the most (I believe the word you were trying to spell is "heinous")of crimes. NO, what was ridiculous was for a drug crazed person to shoot someone then execute them while they were begging for their life. That, my friend, was RIDICULOUS! Again, I neither generalized nor condemned any of his family members. I don't even condemn Jerry Lard. He condemned himself by his choice of actions. Now it's time to pay. Here in this life and hopefully very soon in the next.
The type of justice I prefer? That is up to the judge and jury. I prefer none of this to have ever happened. What I disagreed with in your post was shooting him in the same manner he shot this officer. Although I do agree with the death penalty, I do not feel like two wrongs make a right. Do you feel this manner would make you feel better in the morning? If it does, then I feel sorry for you. It does not change the fact of what happened, it only satisfies your desire. We live in America, and there is a reason we have the judicial system we have. We, as a country, feels everyone has the right to a fair trial. If you dont agree with the way our system works, then may I suggest, perhaps, living in a country who does support your views? America will never do such a thing. My point in my previous post, however, was missed entirely by you. Lynch mob killing will never be supported in this country, so put it to rest.
You also missed, apparently out of anger, that I never stated that you said anything negative, nor blamed the family. Do not let your anger blind you.
true justice

United States

#39 Jul 25, 2012
I dont blame his family. I juat blame him.
fokwad

Trumann, AR

#40 Jul 25, 2012
im the member wrote:
I am a member of Jerry Lard I'm not afraid to admit it am I saying what he did was right? Why no I am not. However, with that being said I don't blame our family for his actions. He is responsible for them by all means. I do not agree with the downgrading his family because it is not our fault. I don't appreciate the negative things being said about Jerry Lard. I love him and always will. I'm deeply sorry for the officer family and friends. Am I saying that I'm going to turn my back on him? Hell no family sticks around and doesn't give up faith in them no matter the situations. He has done a major crime it was not right for him to shoot anyone. But I will always stand behind him 100% no matter what the outcome is. Hell I will stand in front of him for that matter. He is not a bad person just made a bad choice. We all make them in life some learn some choose not to. I do know that I will not let someone bad mouth my family for his actions. I along with the rest of my family are not held accountable for his actions. He will be the one to answer the good lord when the time comes! Nothing anyone says can change my families choices but we will love him just as we always have and will continue to do so
You quickly justified my last post with this one. Like I said, It would be awesome to see you and him both burned alive. It won't happen but I can still hope for it.
Wow

Dallas, TX

#41 Jul 25, 2012
fokwad wrote:
<quoted text>
You quickly justified my last post with this one. Like I said, It would be awesome to see you and him both burned alive. It won't happen but I can still hope for it.
I believe what this family member was trying to convey is this; they still love him because he is family, as you would if it was your mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter, or any other relative you loved the second before they chose to commit a crime so horrific. If you knew anything about the five stages of grief, you would understand how people deal with tragedy. They dont deal with it the way you feel it should be dealt with.
ummmm

Trumann, AR

#44 Jul 25, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
The type of justice I prefer? That is up to the judge and jury. I prefer none of this to have ever happened. What I disagreed with in your post was shooting him in the same manner he shot this officer. Although I do agree with the death penalty, I do not feel like two wrongs make a right. Do you feel this manner would make you feel better in the morning? If it does, then I feel sorry for you. It does not change the fact of what happened, it only satisfies your desire. We live in America, and there is a reason we have the judicial system we have. We, as a country, feels everyone has the right to a fair trial. If you dont agree with the way our system works, then may I suggest, perhaps, living in a country who does support your views? America will never do such a thing. My point in my previous post, however, was missed entirely by you. Lynch mob killing will never be supported in this country, so put it to rest.
You also missed, apparently out of anger, that I never stated that you said anything negative, nor blamed the family. Do not let your anger blind you.
I figure we all would rather this had never happened. Oh and you did say that they were generalizing and condemning his family. Don't let your emotions blind you as well.
Wow

Austin, TX

#45 Jul 25, 2012
ummmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I figure we all would rather this had never happened. Oh and you did say that they were generalizing and condemning his family. Don't let your emotions blind you as well.
Your response makes no sense. How are my emotions blinding me? If you think generalizations and condeming of his family have not been done in this forum, well then, maybe you are just blind. Or maybe you dont understand the meaning of those words. Either way, think about what you want to say before you actually type it. Otherwise it is not worth my time to respond.
Hmm

United States

#46 Jul 25, 2012
Too bad our tax dollars had to pay for the scum's medical care.

His brain is fried from using drugs, whose fault is that?

Hopefully, an inmate named bubba will take care of him for us.
To Wow

Mountain Home, AR

#47 Jul 25, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
It is up to the jury. I hope they do the right thing and give him the death penalty. I do agree everyone has a right to a fair trial. I do however, disagree with the long drawn out affair of it all through appeals and such. I don't doubt he'll be found guilty and truly don't doubt the jury will sentence him to death.
I never said anything about a lynch mob. Just said he should be shot in the same fashion as he shot the officer. As far as america never doing such a thing perhaps you should check your american history of capital punishment. Look up Ronnnie Lee Gardner who was executed by firing squad in 2010. Does it seem such an impossibility for this to happen now? We do live in the USA and we do feel as a country that people who commit heinous crimes that by law call for a death sentence should be put to death most swiftly. Not linger around on death row getting fat off our tax dollars and visiting his family. He could be marched out right after sentencing and placed in a predetermined place for execution. They could give the Trumann Police officers rifles just as they did in Ronnie Gardner's case and let them enforce the peoples verdict. I bet they would supply their own rifles and pay for the ammunition. Lastly, as the previous post pointed out, you did say I generalize and condemned Lards family. I see Lard's family almost daily and have no ill will or hatred for them. Only for their(and your) worthless relative. Jerry Lard. His day will dawn soon. It's not anger. It's a reckoning. plain and simple. Now i'll leave you to bicker and defend someone who isn't worth defending. He surely couldn't show any mercy on the officer so I have no mercy or compassion for him.
Wow

Austin, TX

#48 Jul 25, 2012
Hmm wrote:
Too bad our tax dollars had to pay for the scum's medical care.
His brain is fried from using drugs, whose fault is that?
Hopefully, an inmate named bubba will take care of him for us.
Well, then, lets just kill everyone in jail. Your tax money is paying for them as well. Lets also take away welfare. I think everyone should have jobs and support themselves. There is plenty of your tax money going to scum and people who dont deserve it. Its funny how, all of a sudden, you care or even notice.
Wow

Austin, TX

#49 Jul 25, 2012
To Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
It is up to the jury. I hope they do the right thing and give him the death penalty. I do agree everyone has a right to a fair trial. I do however, disagree with the long drawn out affair of it all through appeals and such. I don't doubt he'll be found guilty and truly don't doubt the jury will sentence him to death.
I never said anything about a lynch mob. Just said he should be shot in the same fashion as he shot the officer. As far as america never doing such a thing perhaps you should check your american history of capital punishment. Look up Ronnnie Lee Gardner who was executed by firing squad in 2010. Does it seem such an impossibility for this to happen now? We do live in the USA and we do feel as a country that people who commit heinous crimes that by law call for a death sentence should be put to death most swiftly. Not linger around on death row getting fat off our tax dollars and visiting his family. He could be marched out right after sentencing and placed in a predetermined place for execution. They could give the Trumann Police officers rifles just as they did in Ronnie Gardner's case and let them enforce the peoples verdict. I bet they would supply their own rifles and pay for the ammunition. Lastly, as the previous post pointed out, you did say I generalize and condemned Lards family. I see Lard's family almost daily and have no ill will or hatred for them. Only for their(and your) worthless relative. Jerry Lard. His day will dawn soon. It's not anger. It's a reckoning. plain and simple. Now i'll leave you to bicker and defend someone who isn't worth defending. He surely couldn't show any mercy on the officer so I have no mercy or compassion for him.
First, let me say, I agree with not allowing death row inmates years to sit on tax dollars. However, there are several cases in which allowing such to happen have given innocent people their freedoms back due to DNA evidence. So, in cases like these, I am on the fence. Now, I know what Jerry did was unmistakeable.
Second, please point out where I accused you of blaming or making generalizations of his family.
Third, I have never defended Jerry. Not once. Wjat I have defended is his family. His family does not deserve to be put into the same category. His family did not make the decision to do what he did. So, I will continue to defend my family. No one deserves to be put on trial because of the actions of another.
Lastly, I would personally like to thank you for not generalizing, finding fault, or talking about my family, as if we pulled the trigger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chelsea Clinton 25 min Realism 15
drug testing at super markets?? do they?? (Dec '11) 28 min Kel 40
Yet another false sworn statement 35 min Guest 1
My wife 38 min Bull Cuckman 17
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 47 min Now_What- 35,013
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Feb '13) 52 min luci 2,619
April 9 - Another several false sworn statements 1 hr Guest 2

Bay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance