Man tied up, wife shot and killed in Appling Co. home invasion

Authorities are investigating a home invasion in south Georgia that claimed the life of a Baxley woman, who was slain while her husband was tied up and allowed to live. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
unkown

Alma, GA

#1 Jan 11, 2013
he had help doing that to his wife was his girlfriend that done this
Deer hunter

Hartwell, GA

#2 Jan 12, 2013
unkown wrote:
he had help doing that to his wife was his girlfriend that done this
If so, why has no one else been arrested ?????
maybe

Jesup, GA

#3 Jan 12, 2013
Deer hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
If so, why has no one else been arrested ?????
Maybe they are investigating and don't have everything in place for an arrest yet? Obviously, IF he was still tied up when the police arrived, somebody helped him.
never would have thought

Savannah, GA

#4 Jan 12, 2013
this is so true!!!but ive only heard of two names that have been thrown out both withthe same name. one of them dont live bout like min down the road and lives less than a mile from them....and what can been since her house as well isnt that old as well.
Deer hunter

Hartwell, GA

#5 Jan 12, 2013
never would have thought wrote:
this is so true!!!but ive only heard of two names that have been thrown out both withthe same name. one of them dont live bout like min down the road and lives less than a mile from them....and what can been since her house as well isnt that old as well.
Huh ????!
Wondering too

Jesup, GA

#6 Jan 12, 2013
Deer hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh ????!
Yep... Huh??? Lol
Whomever is writing that must be trying to say things like they're kind of slow... On purpose.??
Please just type it correctly , we're not going to "track" you.
;)
But yeah, I think we all know the GF lived around the corner, neighbors.
blue moon

Claxton, GA

#7 Jan 12, 2013
never would have thought wrote:
Somebody is using their phone to type and isn't spell checking before sending.
Deer hunter

Hartwell, GA

#9 Jan 12, 2013
mrogmann wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=iy3yi9OlBq 0
Live and Learn
What the heck does this video have to do w/ this topic ???!
Deer hunter

Hartwell, GA

#10 Jan 12, 2013
Wondering too wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep... Huh??? Lol
Whomever is writing that must be trying to say things like they're kind of slow... On purpose.??
Please just type it correctly , we're not going to "track" you.
;)
But yeah, I think we all know the GF lived around the corner, neighbors.
I live 6 hours away so I know NONE of these people- just following it from the news online! How can anyone be sure of a girlfriend? I mean, really, doesn't seem like they would have been seen out in town together being it is such a small town ???
Wondering too

Jesup, GA

#11 Jan 12, 2013
Deer hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
I live 6 hours away so I know NONE of these people- just following it from the news online! How can anyone be sure of a girlfriend? I mean, really, doesn't seem like they would have been seen out in town together being it is such a small town ???
Well....because it IS a small town, word gets around.
Here it is

Alma, GA

#12 Jan 12, 2013
Deer hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
People in small towns can be just as slick as in big towns. Yeah word gets around and things tend to get out, but sadly people that really want to get away with something like that (an affair) will find a way to do so and may never be caught....even in small towns. You just don't see them out in town. They leave town if they are going out, or just stay in... I mean, if you aren't leaving your spouse then that's what it's all about, right? "Staying in" It isn't really all that difficult to do.:/

Sadly, I know someone who did for several years, has ended it since, but it happens :(
Here it is

Alma, GA

#13 Jan 12, 2013
Was it actually released that Mandy was shot? I see this in the headline but i don't remember actually reading it anywhere else at all or hearing that at all. What I heard was very opposite of that :(
There is nothing in this article that states she was shot either other than the title.
Unfortunately

Jesup, GA

#14 Jan 12, 2013
Here it is wrote:
Was it actually released that Mandy was shot? I see this in the headline but i don't remember actually reading it anywhere else at all or hearing that at all. What I heard was very opposite of that :(
There is nothing in this article that states she was shot either other than the title.
I think it must've been an error or assumption .
Cause of death hasn't been made public.
Not sure why!?!
name

United States

#15 Jan 14, 2013
What is the girlfriends name??

Since: Jan 13

Savannah, GA

#17 Jan 14, 2013
Dang she's probably 12/13 years older than him. What in the world?
nobody

Atlanta, GA

#18 Jan 15, 2013
Gossip Getter wrote:
Dang she's probably 12/13 years older than him. What in the world?
I'd be interested in knowing who the other mistress was as well. I don't know why you'd call your other girlfriend to help when Donna lives up the street from you. Either way, they are BOTH married and had taken vows which they have BOTH broken. Both of them are/were TOO STUPID to be thankful for the life and blessings that they had been given. Age doesn't matter if your maturity level leads you to cheat on your spouse (that apparently is a great provider) with a 26 year old dumbass that doesn't have the capacity to respect the life of his wife and mother of his child. Stupidity still runs rampant...even in good ol' Appling County.
ChevyTruck

Odum, GA

#19 Jan 15, 2013
nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
Donna Barnes Wheeler
Why has the school board not taken any actions on her yet? All certified staff are bound by an ethical code? So why has this not been addressed?
kn11nc

Baxley, GA

#20 Jan 15, 2013
I tried to keep my mouth shut, because I know this is a gossip page, but I can't any longer!! Please remember that she has children that can read all of this!! They are innocent in this!!
Savannah, GA

#21 Jan 15, 2013
kn11nc wrote:
I tried to keep my mouth shut, because I know this is a gossip page, but I can't any longer!! Please remember that she has children that can read all of this!! They are innocent in this!!
THAT is why you do NOT do things you don't want people to find out about
THAT is why you respect your children by honoring your marriage vows.
If they are old enough to be on TOPIX, they already know anyway, honey...and if not, she needs to monitor their internet use, like a parent should.
Morals

Savannah, GA

#22 Jan 15, 2013
ChevyTruck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why has the school board not taken any actions on her yet? All certified staff are bound by an ethical code? So why has this not been addressed?
She works at the school?
WOW.
Well, there's probably a whole bunch that needs to be bound by that "ethical code", not just her. My God, my kids comment on the way the teachers dress, so I can only imagine how they are when nobody's looking, if they flaunt it right there at the school.
Just sayin...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baxley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 8 min Synergy 56,871
Used Car dealership 8 hr a little curius 1
Who is the young jailer in Jeff Davis? Tue Rebal Girl 5
muslim training camp in Odum ga (Mar '09) Tue hdh 129
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Tue tammy101 2,072
Seth Rogers? Tue Downsouth 1
preacher Sep 29 father 3
Baxley Dating
Find my Match

Baxley Jobs

Baxley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baxley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baxley

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]