5th district county commissioner race

5th district county commissioner race

Posted in the Baxley Forum

sophie

United States

#1 Jun 18, 2012
We need a new Commissioner in the fifth District. The incumbent
appears to have little influence on the board and has allowed our roads to deteriorate.

Most alarming is allegations that the septic tanks out on Lake Mayers
are leaching into the lake especially during wet weather.

I intend to inform the State of this situation but actually the incumbent should be doing that.

The lake water should be tested to ensure it will make no one ill.

In my opinion Mr. Legget has not served the district well.

S/
Mike Dyal

Blackshear, GA

#2 Jun 19, 2012
Mike Dyal is a great man and served us all well one time and I pray he is voted back into office this time. With all respect to Mr. Leggett, I know Mr. Dyal has the want and desire to serve.
sogahunter

Glennville, GA

#3 Jul 19, 2012
Mike Dyal are you speaking in the third person bragging on yourself? Or is your name Mike Dyal as well? Either way let's discuss Dyal Rd. That road is so narrow it is dangerous!! There is no sense in a public road being that narrow! I think the county should take the legal right of way or abandon the road entirely!! I would guess that you are probably the reason the road isn't legally wide enough so why would anyone vote for someone that obviously does things for personal benefits!
Sophie, Charlie Legget probably did lock his gates after a few calls from you! Lol
sugarland

Allenhurst, GA

#4 Oct 6, 2012
sogahunter wrote:
Mike Dyal are you speaking in the third person bragging on yourself? Or is your name Mike Dyal as well? Either way let's discuss Dyal Rd. That road is so narrow it is dangerous!! There is no sense in a public road being that narrow! I think the county should take the legal right of way or abandon the road entirely!! I would guess that you are probably the reason the road isn't legally wide enough so why would anyone vote for someone that obviously does things for personal benefits!
Sophie, Charlie Legget probably did lock his gates after a few calls from you! Lol
VOTE FOR EDNA VAUGHN!!!!!! She will do her job. If you have a problem, she will fix it for you..........ALL VOTES AND PRAYERS ARE APPRECIATED..........
Skynyrd Fan

United States

#5 Oct 8, 2012
Why is it the county can't mow the shoulders of the road far more than they do on County Farm and Zoar Rd?.After the state took Homestead Exemption away from us it looks to me like we ought to get more for our tax money than we have
bathsheba

Savannah, GA

#6 Oct 10, 2012
A couple of years ago I attempted to contact Mr. Leggett who is Commissioner for my district. While I did not want anything specific but just to have him answer a few questions, after leaving messages several times he NEVER returned one. Perhaps he has been effective for some but not for me. If he has been as ineffective for others in his district, I don't know how he was re-elected.
Jmhdyal

Lawrenceville, GA

#7 Nov 6, 2012
sogahunter wrote:
What are you even talking about....Dyal Rd is the same width as ever other DIRT road in Appling County. I doubt someone who was commissioner four years ago had any effect on a road built 20 years ago.

I very seriously doubt my dad would be posting on this site ,especially posting in 3rd person. I just come across this site while trying to figure out why the schools were closed tomorrow.
med

Sandersville, GA

#8 Nov 6, 2012
Vote Edna Vaughn!!!!!!!!
Skynyrd Fan

United States

#9 Nov 6, 2012
listening to Z 94 - it looks like Charlie is going back in and so is benny
Calculator

Jesup, GA

#10 Nov 6, 2012
Glad to see Mr. Benny went back in. I knew he would. Good race and glad to see a good man go back in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baxley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two Dumb Ass Attorneys 6 hr Betty W 4
keisha whitley 15 hr known 73
Rich Snobby People 19 hr Ex Tobacco Buyer 6
Fired Wed Post More 5
Whatever happen to the skate park Wed Taxpayer 1
Stacey Higgins Wed Nasty Nate 4
Brianna Willoughby Jun 19 Dustin McGuire 5

Baxley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance