Baxley Husband Charged in Wife's Death Will Attend Her Funeral

Jan 9, 2013 Full story: WSAV 90

A Baxley man who claimed intruders broke into his home and killed his wife is now charged with her murder.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
What I think

Fort Stewart, GA

#1 Jan 9, 2013
If they feel the need to let him say goodbye maybe they should take him to the funeral home alone, with no one else there.
lulutuyu

Odum, GA

#2 Jan 9, 2013
How could her family stand to look at the man who is charged with killing her? This could get ugly.
citizen

Savannah, GA

#3 Jan 9, 2013
One thing to attend a family members funeral, another to attend the funeral with the allegeded killer at the funeral. Goodness what the man has caused this family to face. I fear for his safety tomarrow at this funeral. Prison does await him however. Lots a prison men love to see pretty boys like this show up. Some of them have been there for quite a while. Maybe he will find out how it feels to be taken advantage of!
Concerned

Baxley, GA

#4 Jan 9, 2013
Amen, this is just wrong, how could the sheriff approve for him to attend.
ThatsCrazy

Baxley, GA

#5 Jan 9, 2013
I understand that legally he has the right to call all the shots about this young lady's funeral but under these circumstances I think it is just a slap in the face to her parents and the rest of her family. They should be able to make the decision as to rather or not he attends her funeral,not Benny Deloach....just who does he think he is to make a call like this? He may be opening a can that he will not be able to put the lid back on. If someone pops a cap in the husband or whatever else they may do out of pure anger and hurt over the loss of there family member then that blood should be on Benny's hands!!
tittys

Millbrook, AL

#6 Jan 9, 2013
Benny dnt know what he is doin.. I couldn't imagine seein him at the funeral if it was my family member I would lose it..and I can't wait till they get ahold of him in prision maybe he gets gang banged everynight
pepsi

Cumming, GA

#7 Jan 9, 2013
How can u let a person attend a funeral that committed the crime? I would roll over in my grave if it were me. If u confess to a murder u are guilty.
Shocked

Griffin, GA

#8 Jan 9, 2013
I'm sure this was his Lawyers idea. Let him go and put on a show.Dont worry he will have his time in court and the evidence will be shown...he will never get away with this crime,he wasnt smart enough!
ppppp

Jesup, GA

#9 Jan 9, 2013
stop
Get a clue

Eastman, GA

#10 Jan 9, 2013
pepsi wrote:
How can u let a person attend a funeral that committed the crime? I would roll over in my grave if it were me. If u confess to a murder u are guilty.
First of all I am not defending him. Just stating a fact.

He did not confess. They issued a warrant for his arrest and he and his attorney voluntarily cooperated and came in. Much different than a confession.
pepsi

Cumming, GA

#11 Jan 9, 2013
Get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I am not defending him. Just stating a fact.
He did not confess. They issued a warrant for his arrest and he and his attorney voluntarily cooperated and came in. Much different than a confession.
Well then why the heck is the news media saying that he turned himself in?
Baxley Citizen

Atlanta, GA

#12 Jan 9, 2013
I know this is a screwed up situation all around and the fact that this is screwed up that Jonathon gets to attend a funeral that is the result of his evil actions people need to understand that Benny was voted in by all the dumba** people in this county. If this does not say how morally screwed up this sheriff is I dont know what does. One day these Benny voters will wise up to his crap and grow a brain. What a disrespectful action directed toward Mandys family. Yeah lets keep voting for Benny. I bet if it where one of his children (( heaven forbid )) that he wouldnt stand for it.
bax

Atlanta, GA

#13 Jan 9, 2013
100% agree with you all you dumb a.. need to think who y'all voted in would you want the killer of your loved one showing up at their funeral. Way to go all you Benny voters
Deer hunter

Hartwell, GA

#14 Jan 9, 2013
Does her family not have a say in this matter ????
sad

Baxley, GA

#15 Jan 9, 2013
Baxley Citizen wrote:
I know this is a screwed up situation all around and the fact that this is screwed up that Jonathon gets to attend a funeral that is the result of his evil actions people need to understand that Benny was voted in by all the dumba** people in this county. If this does not say how morally screwed up this sheriff is I dont know what does. One day these Benny voters will wise up to his crap and grow a brain. What a disrespectful action directed toward Mandys family. Yeah lets keep voting for Benny. I bet if it where one of his children (( heaven forbid )) that he wouldnt stand for it.
i know for a fact that when it has anything to do with benny's family it is a hole differnet ball game. it does not matter what the crime is he is going to do extra favors for those criminals.
bluemoon

Hinesville, GA

#16 Jan 9, 2013
According to the news tonight, her family agreed for him to attend.

I'm beginning to think there is so much much much more info that we don't know yet. Maybe he DIDN'T do it. Maybe it was some drug dealer threatening his life too. Maybe this arrest is an attempt to throw the killers off. Maybe his girlfriend did it and he is protecting her and another arrest is forthcoming. Who knows? This entire case has been warped since the beginning. Time will tell.
Wow we

Alma, GA

#17 Jan 9, 2013
Well he was at the viewing and not once did they have an issue. Both family's were cordial and just as many consoled him as her family well maybe not all. But guess those of u that thought it would get ugly was wrong. I don't understand the situation but I know what I seen. And he will be there tommorow. He wasnt within 30 ft of a cop at no point I seen. He could have easily gotten hurt but nothing happened. I just pray peace and comfort on both family's and friends
Baxley Citizen

Atlanta, GA

#18 Jan 9, 2013
bluemoon wrote:
According to the news tonight, her family agreed for him to attend.
I'm beginning to think there is so much much much more info that we don't know yet. Maybe he DIDN'T do it. Maybe it was some drug dealer threatening his life too. Maybe this arrest is an attempt to throw the killers off. Maybe his girlfriend did it and he is protecting her and another arrest is forthcoming. Who knows? This entire case has been warped since the beginning. Time will tell.
I seen nothing on the news that said her family agreed. I think your confused.
Here it is

Alma, GA

#19 Jan 9, 2013
http://www.thecoastalsource.com/news/local/st...

In the video Benny says they knew about it and were all right with it. It's not in the text.

He went to the viewing tonight. Things went fine
Here it is

Alma, GA

#20 Jan 9, 2013
sorry that is the wrong link..ahh

This is the right one.
http://www2.wsav.com/news/2013/jan/09/5/baxle...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baxley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays 2 hr Purple Haze 8
Muslim Compound near Odum? (May '07) 5 hr Local Hunter 70
three teenagers arrested for robbery Fri Brad 8
Richest in Jeff Davis (Nov '13) Dec 23 Love Player 62
Newberry Bond Hearing - Alma Times Nov 4 Dec 22 Ole Almer 94
horrible healthcare Dec 22 Thoughts 5
did they move the sheriffs office to US 1 Dec 22 hammer16 1
Baxley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web