baxley church of god

Since: Mar 11

Suomi, ga.

#21 Mar 19, 2011
Why does this Topix site not allow post without telling a member any reason for not doing so?
sad

Baxley, GA

#22 Mar 21, 2011
don't understand????
Understand

Baxley, GA

#23 Mar 30, 2011
Lots of reporting needs to be done to Topix's feedback for abuse

Since: Mar 11

Suomi, ga.

#24 Mar 30, 2011
COG-Newcomer wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Mr. Graham said that people look at our Church and see how our preacher and his followers are and do not want a part in Christianity...but I believe it is when people see supposed men of God lash out in public that turns them away. A church's business is to be handled in the church...and not to be broadcast in every media outlet.
Ask the Pastor to tell the congregation about Martin Luther and the Protestant Reformation.

Since: Mar 11

Suomi, ga.

#25 Apr 1, 2011
octavius wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask the Pastor to tell the congregation about Martin Luther and the Protestant Reformation.
Are you afraid to ask the pastor to teach you about Martin Luther and the Reformation; how Martin Luther was excommunicated from the Catholic Church because he raised questions about Catholic Church Finances? Educate yourself and your congregation on this issue please!!!
Cujo

White House, TN

#26 Apr 2, 2011
People get upset at their church or pastor or other members then they leave & start another church. Then the new church fusses & some of the members of the new church splinter off & form another new church & so on & so on. Don't care much for organized religion, don't see much spirituality in it, just big buildings, big ego's, big money & lots of hot air. Lord help us!

Since: Apr 11

United States

#27 Apr 2, 2011
Listen you clabber heads, our church brought in a auditor 3 times, and then on the 4th time he addressed the church one Sunday morning to let his findings be known about the misappripating funds. Here is his exact words.

This church is in the top 95% of churches in controlling money, one of the top five he has ever seen. He also said word for word that he could not find where 1 penny was spent without it being in the books. Not one penny and they is 200 or so people that will vouch for me and repeat that. The money might not have been spent on what al wanted but it wasn't spent on the junk everyone said. They wanted the pastor gone and he stood up too them unlike the last 2 pastors and they didn't get there way so they wanted to act like children. Know your facts before you start claiming stuff.

Oh and by the way, the ex communication came down from the overseer. And they can still go to church they just can not be on the pastors council or serve in any kind fashion. So again get your facts straight. They chose to leave after hearing that, and friends that's on them. They have tried to run that church for years and had there way. I mean what kind of person gets on the radio which he owns and abuses his power in a 10 year fashion and then expects people to believe the crap flowing from his mouth. Pot meet kettle black. I thought alot of al but he has shown his true colors now. And I have had 100s agree with that statement.

Since: Mar 11

Suomi, ga.

#28 Apr 2, 2011
Your language is very revealing.

Since: Apr 11

Kingsland, GA

#29 Apr 2, 2011
octavius wrote:
Your language is very revealing.
Number 1 I will bet you a million you don't know who I am, number 2 if you do it doesn't matter. The truth is the truth nothing more nothing less.
Panda bear

Baxley, GA

#30 Apr 3, 2011
Hopefully everyone will be happier now and we can stop all this bickering. How about we all be a christian community and not let our disagreements cause us to stumble.

Since: Mar 11

Suomi, ga.

#31 Apr 3, 2011
Panda bear wrote:
Hopefully everyone will be happier now and we can stop all this bickering. How about we all be a christian community and not let our disagreements cause us to stumble.
That is a very good suggestion. When all involved come forth and admit their transgressions and seek the forgiveness of those hurt by this incident then all can be at peace. There are three sides in most all disagreements, your side, their side and the RIGHT side!
Cujo

White House, TN

#32 Apr 3, 2011
Panda bear wrote:
Hopefully everyone will be happier now and we can stop all this bickering. How about we all be a christian community and not let our disagreements cause us to stumble.
Doe's that mean the Jewish folks & the Hindus have to leave?

Since: Mar 11

Suomi, ga.

#33 Apr 10, 2011
ListenDontTalk wrote:
Listen you clabber heads, our church brought in a auditor 3 times, and then on the 4th time he addressed the church one Sunday morning to let his findings be known about the misappripating funds. Here is his exact words.
This church is in the top 95% of churches in controlling money, one of the top five he has ever seen. He also said word for word that he could not find where 1 penny was spent without it being in the books. Not one penny and they is 200 or so people that will vouch for me and repeat that. The money might not have been spent on what al wanted but it wasn't spent on the junk everyone said. They wanted the pastor gone and he stood up too them unlike the last 2 pastors and they didn't get there way so they wanted to act like children. Know your facts before you start claiming stuff.
Oh and by the way, the ex communication came down from the overseer. And they can still go to church they just can not be on the pastors council or serve in any kind fashion. So again get your facts straight. They chose to leave after hearing that, and friends that's on them. They have tried to run that church for years and had there way. I mean what kind of person gets on the radio which he owns and abuses his power in a 10 year fashion and then expects people to believe the crap flowing from his mouth. Pot meet kettle black. I thought alot of al but he has shown his true colors now. And I have had 100s agree with that statement.
We love you man"! The clabber heads.
JustCurious

United States

#34 Apr 12, 2011
Churches are giving marriages a real run for their money in terms of "divorces". That's it. You decide one morning you can't stand the sound of her voice/the choir sings off-key.... just go try out a couple of new ones until you find one that suits you. Everybody else does it...
Anonymous

United States

#35 Apr 26, 2011
The pastor of Baxley Church of God is really not a pastor, let me explain, if there is a problem in the church, it is the pastor's job to intercede and take care of it. This pastor didn't do that, he allowed the situation continue. He also doesn't do his pastoral duties, such as visiting member's homes when they miss church. I attended that church for almost 4 years and I never received a phone call or a visit from him. I will admit that he started out as a very good pastor, but as time progressed, power and money went to his head. He makes over 100,000 a year and that's a problem within it's self.
Observation

Blackshear, GA

#36 Apr 28, 2011
riverrat wrote:
Well, at least Mr. Graham stood up for what he believed and he did not spend his time at home writing on this "waste of time and space" Topix!!
This world needs more people like him who will fight for what they believe. It is called freedom of speech!! One day, when your freedoms are gone, a lot of you would wish you had stood up for your beliefs; you may not be able to express your opionion!! So do something!!--instead of critizing Mr. Graham!!!
But yet here you are writing on here. What does that say about you?
Anonymous

Jesup, GA

#37 Nov 27, 2012
My comments are addressed to ‘ListenDontTalk’. First, there are two types of audits that can be performed. One is an audit that simply compares the funds taken in with the funds spent. Basically this audit is useless because as long as the figures for the funds taken in matches the funds spent then the world is at peace. The funds could be spent to finance a terrorist revolution in South America and everyone would be led to think everything is OK. This type of audit is often used to hide the truth about funds. The second type of audit, and is the one which is what an audit is truly designed to do, compares the funds taken in with the funds spent AND if the money spent was in accordance with the financial rules of the organization. Either the audit performed was the type that ignores the manner in which the money was spent or the wool was pulled over the churches eyes. Here is why I say this: 1. The church bus was purchased by the Bishop of the Baxley Church without it ever being brought before the church for approval, 2. all church property was transferred from the local church (owners) to the international organization without the approval of the church, and it remained this way for 4 years before it was brought to the attention of the church and 3. finally the sale of the church parsonage was done by the Bishop of the Baxley Church without following the rule for such activities. So when you express so much confidence in the audit it casts doubt on who the title of clabber head belong to.

Second when an individual throws out numbers in the manner done here it is generally done to intimidate people not to look closely at the matter. After all there was probably more than 200 people that vouched for the release of Barabbas, a convicted murderer, against the integrity of the Son of God, Jesus Christ. I would like to see the document in which your direct quote, ie ‘Here is his exact words…”. Can you tell me where I can obtain a copy and also I would like to have the names of the 200 people that will vouch for your comments. Help me not remain a clabber head forever.

Third you make the statement the money might not have been spent on what,“Al wanted. I wonder if you can name three things “Al wanted” or once again is this so much hot air being blown at us clabbergheads. Again you make the statement “know your facts before you start claiming stuff.” How accurate are your facts, can you tell me how long an effort was made in council meetings to resolve these issues before a vote on the pastor was requested? Can you even tell me how many tithe paying church members went to these men and requested a pastoral vote? Just something us clabberheads would like to know.

Fourth, on your comment about the excommunication of these members I would like to know your source of information. Again can you tell me where this is written for as of yet I can find no one that can tell me this, but after all. I have read the letter of excommunication these men received and it appears they got the wrong letter because it states something different that what you say. Reckon the state office is infected with clabberheads?

Fifth, you made a statement,‘They have tried to run that church for years and had their way”. My confusion is over the fact that one of those excommunicated was a member of the church council for one year. So how could he try to run the church for years. In reality the members of the council, other than the two excommunicated, are the ones that have been on the council for years. If anyone ‘got their way’ it would be them. Again can you give me ONE instance of the ‘crap’ flowing from Al’s mouth? If using such language and unfounded accusations as this makes me smart, I guess I will remain a clabberhead and muddle through life the best I can. One thing for certain there is a day coming that is not to far away where the truth will come out and the true clabberheads will receive their proper rewards.
patriot

Denver, CO

#38 Nov 28, 2012
Satan 1- BCOG 0
Anonymous

Jesup, GA

#39 Dec 5, 2012
Responding to Gopirates about the possibility of a rigged election. The response will be in two parts because of its length. Part II to follow.

If you go to the COG Minutes, you remember the rules of conduct by which we the COG supposedly operates, you can see how an election is suppose to be held. All of these references will be found in Church of God General Assembly Minutes 2008.

Page 118 - IV. Called Conference
1. The called conference consists of all members of the local church who wish to attend, said conference to convene at a time set by the pastor to take care of business arising between the regular conferences. This does not exclude the rights of the state and district overseers to call or moderate conference in the local church.

Please note the person that is responsible for setting the time and date for the election is the pastor. The Bishop of Baxley was asked two days before the election if there was going to be a pastoral preference vote the following Sunday and he said he did not know. If the pastor doesn’t know about the election, surely council members and other members of the church would not know either, right? So then how can an honest election even be held?

Page 118 - IV. Called Conference
2. When it is necessary to have a called conference, all members of the local church should be notified if possible.

January 9, 2011 the Director of State Ministries appeared on the church podium and addressed the congregation. In his address he told the congregation there was going to be a pastor preference vote. This WAS NOT a business meeting and there would not be any questions or comments from those present. He then explained how to mark the ballot and explained the ballot had to be signed to be validated.

Page 118 - V. Order of Conferences
Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised shall serve as the guide for conducting all business conferences.

Roberts Rules of Order is a set of rules on how to conduct a business meeting. The rules tells you that at all meetings individuals WILL have an opportunity to ask questions and have these questions answered in the meeting before all that was present. Do you think the state official was in such a hurry he forgot this requirement of the COG rules of conduct? One thing for certain he DID NOT follow the rules of the church. I think this could possibly cause problems in the church instead of the two branded individuals.

Page 117 - S41. Conferences
1. Purpose
A church conference is a business meeting for the purpose of transacting any business necessary for the operation of the local church.

So now you have to ask yourself why the election of the pastor of the church is not considered church business. Because if it is the meeting has to be held in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order which clearly states all conferences will provide for the opportunity for anyone who desires to ask questions and have them answered. This is to ensure everyone fully understands what is happening in the church. Could it be there were matters that should have been addressed by the church council with the pastor in council meetings? This could not be done because the church council meetings for the months of October 2010, November 2010, December 2010, and January 2011 were canceled by the state office. A question to ask yourself where was the remainder of the council during this time? Perhaps the old adage, silence is consent, applies here.

It should be noted here, to prevent any confusion; there was a meeting of all council members except the two trouble makers, one that was out of town on business, the Baxley Bishop and the State Overseer. At least one of the topics that was introduced by one of the council members present was to turn the two trouble makers out of church. The regular council meeting with all council members had been canceled.
Anonymous

Jesup, GA

#40 Dec 19, 2012
Wonder where all the know-it-alls are at. You know the ones that ran their mouths when no one offered any rebutals. Maybe they don't like the other side of teh story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baxley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jamie kersey 18 min Bax123 4
Kevin Quinn 12 hr Jen 20
Families with multiple gay children Tue Inspector Clouseau 5
Looking for a hott blonde that is easy Tue Nasty Nate 9
Whos the cheaters in Baxley Tue Senior villa 2
Page plus closed Jan 15 BigAnn 10
Kayla jaco Jan 14 Princess12345 3

Baxley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baxley Mortgages