Program Helps Unemployed Dads Pay Chi...

Program Helps Unemployed Dads Pay Child Support

There are 72 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Oct 5, 2010, titled Program Helps Unemployed Dads Pay Child Support. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

A group in Alamance County is helping unemployed fathers make child support payments through a program called the Responsible Fatherhood Program.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
STREESFUL- LIFE

Seattle, WA

#61 Aug 25, 2012
What ever happen to the rights n for the PEOPLE???
Im paying 1,200 a month for child support, and my rent is 735 a month plus my other utilities,
i cant afford a lawyer to fight this matter to see what im going through rite now,
Last year 18,000 was going through child support, so this summer i have my kids with me and they ask me to buy them some clothes and etc, OOOOOHHHHH-EEEMMMMMM-GEEEEE what did the mom do with 18,000????? huh!! america??, dont get me wrong, i love my kids so much, i just cant say no to them wen they ask me to buy them something, CAUSE OF- my dads house is so boring and no games to play dont have any cable to watch no Internet, OH DAD can you take us to the park? sorry kids i dont have enough gas,I WANTED TO DO MANY FUN THINGS WITH MY KIDS AND TAKE THEM TO FUN PLACES BUT, ONLY GOD KNOWS HOW HARD IM TRYING IN THIS STRESSFUL LIFE.....
Raleigh

Raleigh, NC

#62 Sep 21, 2012
Do they have a program like this in Raleigh, NC? If so, can you pass along the information? Thank You
Jerry

Greensboro, NC

#63 Sep 26, 2012
Marty wrote:
How's this. We pay the support. We should get receipts for what our support money was spent on. We should have the right to know exactly what our money was spent on. It's only FAIR! Am I wrong?
You are right and ive ask for this in court,The judge looks at me like im stupid for asking.
Jerry

Greensboro, NC

#64 Sep 26, 2012
The court system period is sexiest towards men.When it comes to our rights of equal parenting.Were bad mouth as men if we get behind.A lot of mothers use a child as a pay check.If you don't pay they dont think you deserve to see your child.See the thing is that the other parent that has the child (mother)may have a job and there collecting money from the father.Well who's helping the father with his bills.No one is because your giving a big portion to the other parent.So when you look at it that parent with the child is collecting 2 incomes.While the father is force to work 2 jobs or live on the streets.They dont think your worthy of being a father and want to move another man into the picture.Having your child call this other person dad.Because they come out of your va jaja's.Doesn't mean that you are the one who calls the shots.It's the father and mother who decides together.Not a 3rd party or an outsider.For the parents who claim they don't stop the other parent from seeing the other parent but really is.Is the one who doesn't need the child in there custody.They are most likely to teach a child that hatered is the way to go alone with revenge.My not be with words all the time but with actions.Lets all grow up america and stop having bitterness towards one another and be equal parents.Then you may see a diference in our childrens behavior.
madatmypast

Charlotte, NC

#65 Feb 21, 2013
I been out of work for about 2 years now, im in the construction field and its hard right now. My ex keeps me from my kids i cnt speak with them on the phone or even see them for that matter. I go to court and give them the situation about my job, not working. So, because the experienced doing my craft the judge just disregarded that i was unemployed because i have a degree. So now im behind on my support payments, havent seen my girls in almost 2 1/2 years. Oh! and get this my ex is now with the doctor that delievered my youngest child so now she a baller and im still the basket. I go back to court, give the judge a count on my bills, well my built up debt it doesnt go well, I mean i really didnt have to be there, i felt like i was invisible. the judge treated me like i was shit on his shoe, the next month my license was taken now how do I provide for my wife and the two kids we have together? My ex has secton 8 that she now rents out, the doctor has her working in her office being pid under the table, she gets food stamps, cash, and god only knows what else. Can somebody tell me what the hell is going on in the world tody????!!!!
Unemployed Dad

New Albany, MS

#66 May 29, 2013
Try being a dad with mental illness who's unemployed and being threatened by lawyers for back support. At the end of the day, my ex is hurting our daughters. How would it help her or my kids if I am jailed? Not only does she get no money, but my kids have no father.
I am unable to find work (like so many others) and she's doing well. All I ever asked for from her is that I get my girls every other weekend. I want to support my kids, but have no income. All I can really do for them is be there and spend time with them, they jump at the opportunity to spend time with their daddy.
Unemployed Dad

New Albany, MS

#67 May 29, 2013
Oh, and I live in Misissippi. Land of fairness to women, men be darned. All men who are divorced here are automaticaly deadbeats. Not claiming to be perfect by no means, but I never mistreated my ex. I just let my guard down and mental illness got the better of me. So much for "For better or worse, in sickness or health." Marriage is a waste of time and one person in the so called "contract" will break it (usually the woman around here since the benefits are to their favor). DO NOT GET MARRIED IN MISSISSIPPI UNLESS YOU ARE GOD'S GIFT TO WOMEN (or God himself). Yes, I'm bitter, lol.
Classof10 hamco

United States

#68 Jun 12, 2016
So what's going to happen anyone
designerdad87

Piedmont, SC

#70 Aug 8, 2016
Look I'm a dad that has feel on hard times. I've been unemployed for almost a year now. Officially. I've had some temporary jobs that were under the table and when I got paid, I was more than happy to pay my support. Yes there are dead beat dads out there. Not all are. Yet we are all categorized the same because some just haven't had good luck. I've looked for formal employment and can't seem to get a second glance by anyone. I'm educated and hardworking. Most importantly I love my son and want to give him the world. Anything that can help someone in my position is well worth a look.
Dawn

Leesburg, FL

#73 Oct 13, 2016
My boyfriend is having trouble getting a job he's behind in child support payment they took his driver's license and he needs it to get a job how can he pay if he can not get a job also they receive disability for her
eye opener

Denver, NC

#75 Aug 23, 2017
DO YOU ALL NOT REALIZE YOU ARE TALKING TO A ROBOT that made this post?
YOUHA VE BEEN SCAMMED!
Look at the story title on top of page here.
There are 80 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Oct 5, 2010, titled Program Helps Unemployed Dads Pay Child Support. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:?? see it?

Next look att he ones who write and have the blue boxes by their names.
The numbers do not change on them, making it like they post 8 or 3,229 comments.

I assume it is the liberals trying to change another of our american laws of justice.
Who knows with this kind of support they might get-r-done.
Now look at what my post number is.
Who is that 80 on top of page?
eye opener

Denver, NC

#76 Aug 23, 2017
I should have been poster #74 and now at the top page says I was poster #71.
CAREFUL what info you give out in public forums, youneverknowwhatpeople can and will do with it.
I hope this does not get deleted for I am telling you all, you are talking to robots.

HAVE A GOOD DAY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Battleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Worker dies after being hit by bulldozer in Nor... 17 hr poster 1
can couples play at cupids in greensboro (Aug '14) Nov 15 JoJo 12
Cupid's Corner (Jul '14) Nov 10 Betebe 2
Law enforcement visits Nov 10 Betebe 1
News Funeral Held for President of Hells Angels (Jul '09) Nov 7 Eugene hunt 146
Snitch list (Dec '14) Nov 7 You already know 23
News N Carolina's 2 largest cities poised for big ma... Nov 5 Cath League of Du... 1

Battleboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Battleboro Mortgages