|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

TS Ranch wrote:
What about Mr. Morton will you be there at candidates night? Maybe we can ask you questions also !!
Living out of town you seem to know a lot about the Sheriff's Department.
Wow. election time is here and your still wanting to go after morton cause your friends with Unger. Well guess what, for the rest of us people who care about our community know that it is time to speak to the candidates and find that one canidate, who has the experience, trianing, knowledge and realistic plans for our community and the youth. That one canidate that has the training to make those plans become reality, not sit in office for three and half years and then decide to do something to benefit themselves for the next election. be smart concentrate on the election, not juvenile put downs.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

TS Ranch wrote:
What about Mr. Morton will you be there at candidates night? Maybe we can ask you questions also !!
Even though that meeting is not about ME , but If you believe that that my attendance is crucial and would complete the roster for "Meet the Candidates Night" I would be more than happy to attend and answer any questions you or anyone else would like to ask, I have a lot of questions I would like to ask myself. All I will ask from you,if this is important to you and you are as serious about my attendance as you seem, that all my expenses be paid in advance. You can email me at mortonjohn55@gmail.com and we can discuss my expenses.
It's true I live out of town but I worked at the sheriffs office long enough to notice that there is a "Good Ole Boy" system in the dept. I understand the politics and nature of that monster and noticed a pattern of the sheriff hiding behind his undersheriff,just one of the questions I would ask. Im not sure who was really running the dept, looking back I would have to say the undersheriff. But again you can email me at the above address and we can discuss why I know so much about the corruption of the Lander County Sheriffs Dept. You know the people in the Lander County Sheriffs Department are not the only people who know of the corruption in the department, there are other agencies that are aware of Sheriff Ungers inexperience and corruption. How embarrassing can that be???
pedro vasquez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

you know what I just discovered.....Pat Flores does not live here. The address on carson that he has as his residence is not being occupied by him, but another person. I spoke to several individuals in town that are helping Flores campaign for sheriff and they stated that he isn't going to move to "shit hole battle Mtn." until he gets sheriff. I attempted to make contact with Flores, but was unable to due to him only coming to Battle Mtn. on Saturdays to put up signs. Wow, sounds like he wants to be sheriff for all the wrong reasons. Maybe someone needs to ask him why he has not made himself a resident yet? why does he want be sheriff if he doesn't even want to live here?
hell

Silver Springs, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Judged:

Now,Pedro Vsaquez now maybe u might belevie me when i say that flores dosent live here.as long as u are checking,why dont u also check up on cassell,in one of his facebook,i think it said he from idaho,.also why do flores want to be a sheriff in bmt,if he thinks that this town is a {shit hole}.what ever happened to checking on someone ,before they get the paper work,to run for sheriff???
OMG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

oh by the way look up Patrick Flores in the Winnemucca phonebook call the number and he is usually home! not in "shithole" Battle Mountain! He is another Unger! No experience with law! Jennerjohn and Prawitz have more experience than Unger and Flores!
pedro vasquez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

hell wrote:
Now,Pedro Vsaquez now maybe u might belevie me when i say that flores dosent live here.as long as u are checking,why dont u also check up on cassell,in one of his facebook,i think it said he from idaho,.also why do flores want to be a sheriff in bmt,if he thinks that this town is a {shit hole}.what ever happened to checking on someone ,before they get the paper work,to run for sheriff???
I did check on Cassell at the same time and he actually lives here in battle Mtn. I even met with him at his home. His driver license even says battle mtn. He is actually a real resident of battle mtn. Even looking to build a new home here.
pedro vasquez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

OMG wrote:
oh by the way look up Patrick Flores in the Winnemucca phonebook call the number and he is usually home! not in "shithole" Battle Mountain! He is another Unger! No experience with law! Jennerjohn and Prawitz have more experience than Unger and Flores!
Your right! why go from one mechanic playing sheriff to another mechanic wanting to play sheriff. If we elect another person that does not have experience, then the county has to pay for him to go through the trainning program, just like we did with unger and then we have to sit back and watch him make poor decisions cause of his inexperience. Why dont we all give our community a break and elect experience that has no favorite people in this community and will be fair and consistent with the community as well as his employees. Wow that would be relaxing, knowing that we are all treated equal, knowing that no one is any better than the person next to you, we are all the same and will be treated that way.
hell

Silver Springs, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

which one of prawitz,got fired from the sheriff ociffe for destorying some kind of evidence,for his son,was it this one running for office,or a different one,im not for sure.thanks
Stand up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

hell wrote:
I did look up Cassell and it does say Battle Mountain. It even has his picture, so you know you are looking up the RIGHT Cassell. Maybe you didn't get the right one. The info was copied and pasted HERE before. He lives in Battle Mountain. Why not call him and meet with him, ask him directly. You can also ask him at the Meet the Candidates night. Or are you more interested in spreading rumors, lies, and adding to the smear campaigning?
Amazed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

I am amazed that someone would even consider putting a KID in the most powerful position in the county. I am sure Chad Prawitz would make a fine sheriff when he has some law enforcement experience under his belt and a few more years of life experiences. I applaud him for serving his country. I also give him kudos for placing his name on the ballet but lets be honest he is not ready for a position such as this one. Start out by maybe being a sheriff's reserve or actually working for a department before you try to be the sheriff. We did that with Unger and look at the situation we are in now. What do you think would happen if we put a young man in that type of powerful role?
pedro vasquez

Dillon, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

hell wrote:
which one of prawitz,got fired from the sheriff ociffe for destorying some kind of evidence,for his son,was it this one running for office,or a different one,im not for sure.thanks
That would be Eric Prawitz, father of Chad Prawitz, who is currently running for sheriff. Eric Prawitz altered law enforcement documents to keep his son Chad Prawitz out of trouble. It was all over the community when it happened. Wow guess we know who Chad Prawitz's under sheriff would be.
OMG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

pedro vasquez wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be Eric Prawitz, father of Chad Prawitz, who is currently running for sheriff. Eric Prawitz altered law enforcement documents to keep his son Chad Prawitz out of trouble. It was all over the community when it happened. Wow guess we know who Chad Prawitz's under sheriff would be.
That would be funny though! especially with meshell working there! LMFAO!
hell

Silver Springs, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

WHY would this Lander County would wanna vote for someone like that,i know i wouldnt,not even for the dog pound.chad prawitz go away u should have gone to jail and your dad to.for what yous did ,how sad for the people of lander county.in a way some may be right about lander county {if u do somthing wrong,u may get away with it,if you have family in the sheriff dept}
Reality is

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

This little short stack is a goof ball and has no business being in any kind of position of power. He has major "little man's disease" and tries to throw names around as if that will help people take him seriously. In reality, he belongs at McDonald's flippin burgers, and even then I would have him supervised.
pedro vasquez wrote:
<quoted text>
vhgardner

Battle Mountain, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

It may be that he learned somthing from his fathers mistake. He should not be condemned for that. Ask the questions, let him speak with his own voice not his father's. I believe in Cassell and I am going to vote for him, but the man should have his say befor we judge him, Then vote for Cassell...VHG
hell

Silver Springs, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

who cares,we are talking about prawitz,now oh yes we will what cassell says come april22,2010.
Stand up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

hell wrote:
who cares,we are talking about prawitz,now oh yes we will what cassell says come april22,2010.
You are a bit hard to understand above but I think you are saying that people will here what Cassell has to say at the Meet the Candidates night on April 22nd. Many have already talked to him in a one on one situation. But yes, on April 22nd, many more people will be able to hear what he has to say, understand his experience, and qualifications for the job. I hope that you yourself have an open mind that night, and will then stop repeating lies and smears on a candidate that you have yet to talk to.
Bored

Joshua Tree, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

Reality is wrote:
This little short stack is a goof ball and has no business being in any kind of position of power. He has major "little man's disease" and tries to throw names around as if that will help people take him seriously. In reality, he belongs at McDonald's flippin burgers, and even then I would have him supervised.
<quoted text>
Escpecially with young girls working at mcdonalds... and since he likes to video tape what he does to them, hed be all set up. Only this time the tape wouldnt come up missing...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

TS Ranch wrote:
I never received an email to discuss my expenses so I will assume that you were not as serious as you led on. I do have a question that has been haunting me for a while.
when I was in my second phase of training for Patrol officer, my FTO (Field training officer), I wont mention his name, and I noticed a vehicle parked on a dirt road about a 1/4 mile North West of the fair grounds. My FTO asked me to drive to the vehicle where we discovered tire tracks of several vehicles that led to the east and towards the Humbolt River. We followed the trail that led to a bridge that crossed the river and across the river there was an open grass field, I believe most everyone knows the owners of this land, with approximatley a dozen minors sitting around drinking beer. My FTO told me that he would handle this and at this time the FTO from my first phase of training showed up. So together there were 3 Lander County Officers, two FTOs and my self at this scene with minors in possession of and consuming alcohol. My FTO asked the kids if they had been drinking of course they said no. Then he asked them if they have ever heard of a "pour party" they understood and began pouring the beer out on the ground. My FTO noticed someone hiding in the tall grass and found that it was the son of the property owners. He was trying to hide him self and a cooler of beer. I had several concerns with this incident. 1.We NEVER CITED ONE Minor for possession of or consumption of alcohol
2. We never called ONE of the minor's parents to let them know that thier minor child had been drinking. 3. The minors were allowed to drive away in thier vehicles after consuming alcohol. Nothing was reported no more was said. But at this party I recognized a young man that later lost his life in a tragic car accident later that summer. I cant help but think what kind of message was sent to these minors. But looking back I understand two things....1. I beleive that the reason my previous FTO was there was to protect the interest of the land owner because they are friends of Sheriff Unger. 2. If youre a friend of Sheriff Unger you have an untouchable"advantage over those who are not on sheriff Unger's "Friends List". I cant help but think about the young man that later passed. I wonder if things would have been different if both of my FTOs would have at least called the parents of these minor children. Maybe a live would have been saved. I dont know.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

Part 2 of my comment.
Later on that summer my FTO and I caught 3 minors swimming in the city pool after hours. We called the pool manager to inspect for any damage and she found none. The minors had just slipped over the fence and jumped in the pool for a swim. They never hurt anyone or damaged anything. Yet my FTO insisted that we nail them to the wall. We handcuffed them placed them in our unit,drove to the sheriffs office where we cited them for trespassing and we called thier parents. I thought,"What a crock of shit" after what had happened on the river was way more serious and played down like a kid spilling his milk. It was cleaned up for Sheriff Unger's friends. The minors in the city pool should have been scolded then told to get home. I would have just called thier parents to come get them.
Just in the short time that I was there I realized there is a double standard and its not hidden. It is pretty much in your face and get over it because Sheriff Unger is the Sheriff. I became a law officer because I wanted to protect and serve EVERYONE and help the less fortunate. Everything about Sheriff Unger's admin disgraces the dignity,intelect, honesty,reverence and respect of the sheriffs office. And his policies are flies in the face of every officer that works there that tries his or her best to serve the community. So on April 22nd ask Sheriff Unger why his two FTO officers,one a short sgt. deserted thier duty to protect and serve the people to protect and serve the "Friends" of Sheriff Unger

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flash Flood Watch for Lander County was issued at July 28 at 2:50AM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Battle Mountain Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Battle Mountain People Search