MI House, Senate approve Right-to-work bills

Dec 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WZZM-TV Grand Rapids

The Michigan House and Senate each passed controversial right-to-work legislation today, amid loud protests and a walkout by Democratic legislators.

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Dec 11, 2012
18 years of dues

Dallas, TX

#1 Dec 11, 2012
My personal experience with union: I paid dues to UAW local 540 for 18 years. All that time all I seen from union was protecting workers who had poor attendance or poor work habits.
when the plant I worked in was shut down & jobs sent to Mexico. There was zero solidarity or support from other locals.
For the lazy a union is good.
for working the union is useless.
I'm doing much better now with my non union job. I'm allowed to work 70 hrs a week. And only took 6 years to reach top position. The paychecks are much much better too.
in old union job I would have had less motivated people getting promotions before me.
I personally will never pay union dues again. And I do not support the unions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Battle Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Aug 23 Truthisgood 115
innocent man serving life without parole for a ... (Mar '10) Aug 6 Brian 29
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul '14 gottondas 5,482
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 maeball 169
lights Jul '14 noisy 1
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun '14 lulubell 302
Kalamazoo school enrollment trends stand in sta... Jun '14 madhu 1
•••
•••
•••

Battle Creek Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Battle Creek People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••